“Scallops & much more”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol
HALIFAX
“Scallops & much more”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

These gals know how to cook seafood ! And the home made desserts are not to be missed. So good we ate some there and took more away with us.

While a friend was visiting from the US, we travelled from Halifax to find this place.
And it did not Disappoint !

A great selection & combination of home cooked food with very reasonable prices all serviced with genuine hospitality.

A special thank-you to Linda, our server the day of our visit.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank jocosa
Shilo B, Owner at Mariner's Landing, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you so much for the positive review! We're glad you enjoyed the seafood and desserts and we appreciate you traveling so far to dine with us. Take good care and we hope to see you soon!

Welland, Canada
“Outstanding Pecan Pie”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We ate here on our second night in Digby. The decor was a bit dated, but our service was excellent and the food was good. My husband and I both ordered the seafood platter in which you could choose three items. My husband and I both had haddock and scallops. I finished mine with calamari and my husband added clam strips. It was good, but not outstanding. What was outstanding though was dessert. I ordered the pecan pie and it was delicious! I would go back just to indulge in the other desserts.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank rhiaus
Shilo B, Owner at Mariner's Landing, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thanks very much for the review. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our homemade desserts! Hope to see you back soon! As a side note, I want to clarify for potential customers that we do not serve clam strips but rather whole clams that are available lightly battered or steamed.
Gateshead
“Lovely atmosphere ”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We loved the fun and friendly atmosphere at the restaurant. The garden salad with scallops was wonderful and very reasonably priced. The blueberry with two spoons was a real treat. The service was great. We would happily return

Shilo B, Owner at Mariner's Landing, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
We're glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves at our restaurant, it was lovely to have you and we appreciate the positive review!
Nova Scotia
“GREAT SEAFOOD, WONDERFUL SERVICE!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My partner and I enjoyed the Seafood dish SO much that we went back the second night, and ordered the same thing!! I've never done that before! Scenic views, soft music, and Super food!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank BurnsNovaScotia
Shilo B, Owner at Mariner's Landing, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
It was great to see you back and we thank you for the wonderful review!
Sussex, Canada
“They know how to prepare scallops!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I ate lunch here and of course had to have the famous Digby Scallops. The restaurant was clean if a bit dated in the décor, but you couldn't have found better service anywhere. Our server was friendly and helpful. My husband's scallops were perfectly done, and my lunch special of scallops and shrimp were also delicious. We were happily full, but shared a piece of homemade blueberry pie. Wonderful! A down-to-earth, relaxed atmosphere with beautifully cooked seafood, friendly service and a lovely view of the harbour.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank AnneA665
Shilo B, Owner at Mariner's Landing, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hi and thanks very much for the wonderful review. Our blueberry pie certainly is one of our customer favourites. Next time try the coconut cream pie...our secret recipe is the talk of the town ;) Glad to hear you enjoyed everything and we appreciate the feedback on the decor. We're considering some new options for next year.