“Cute spot”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: South End
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This place makes me happy! I love thier baguettes - they are better than Julienne's Bakery in my opinion. Good cake and treats too. I would recommend stopping elsewhere for your coffee (how about Narrow Espresso just around the corner?), as they coffee they have at Gingerbread Haus is kind of weak.

1  Thank Karen M

Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you go to Halifax, you absolutely MUST find this bakery. I go here every time I visit. It is a quaint little spot, and I like how it is not in the middle of all the commotion downtown. Their pastries are amazing. Melt in your mouth good quality. Such a good selection of items too, and the prices are very reasonable. I tried one item (I think it was called the "bear claw") and I was blown away. It had melty marzipan in the middle. One bite and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. So delicious! You really must give this place a try.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I like the gingerbread Haus Bakery for bringing a friend for a quiet lunch or just a nice snack and cup of tea or coffee. Everything looks amazing and the soups and sandwiches are always nice. Coffee is ok....I really am a coffee snob and rather my coffee a little stronger/darker roasted but it is ok. I usually bring treats home for my family after sharing some time with a girlfriend for coffee or lunch. There isn't lots of seating but a great find on a chilly day.

Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

I'm a sucker for bakeries and have been a regular customer to this South End bakery tucked away near The Sobey's on Queen Street. Every time... I've been a happy customer.

The almond ring pastry is a favorite. Silvered almonds on this crusty pastry has just the right amount of glaze with a hint on citrusy tang! Yumm

Their cakes are works of art. You pay more but the ingredients are quality as is the workmanship. Perfect for a special somebody or occasion!

Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Visiting with a friend who frequents this bakery, we were very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the goods. We purchased a carrot cake for a friends birthday and it was absolutely amazing!
Staff was very informative, knowledgable, friendly, and we will definitely be back for more treats upon our return!

1  Thank miss_martha627