“Great Selection”

Gingergrass
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South End
Description: Lovely little restaurant serving fresh and tasty Thai/Vietnamese food. Enjoy a delicious well presented meal served by an entertaining staff.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Expansive menu of Thai and Vietnamese offerings, we had the tofu curry and the vegetarian basil tofu - both delicious. The staff was friendly and brought extra seasoning to increase the hotness of my dish. Conveniently located, we sat in the window and watched pedestrians wander by while enjoying our dinner. We spent around $40 for two people and that did not include any drinks, so it was on the pricey side, but worth it. There is something for everyone in the large menu - if it was up to me I would cut the menu in half and concentrate on the best dishes.

There are newer reviews for Gingergrass

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Have eaten here a few times and it is usually full which is a good indication of the quality of the meals. Plan to return.

Thank Jerry and Carol... F
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This unpretentious little spot is exactly what you want in an ethnic restaurant. Minimal but attractive decor. Friendly and helpful staff. Delicious food beautifully presented. As an added benefit it's only a few steps from The Waverley Inn, Halifax's charming boutique hotel

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

I am not sure how a place like this gets good reviews. Part of my meal was actually microwaved. I watched them do it. Food was terrible. Service was good. Place is dirty. I guess there aren't many places to compare it. If you have eaten at a good place in Van or TO then this will disappoint.

3  Thank theklingon
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We love this little gem. Nothing fancy is how I would describe it but the food, the service and the value is always there. The owner is usually working and is always pleasant and welcoming. Even though we have never won her draw :–º

1  Thank Codkicker