“Great Pasta”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: South End
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This place does not look like much but don't be mistaken. Some of the best pasta in Halifax, always fresh made and with great sauce. Everyday pricing and nice selection.

There are newer reviews for Vinnie's Pasta Bar

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is our second time here and it is still the best food(Italian) in Halifax. A small and unassuming place,tastefully decorated,that is always brimming with patrons.
We had their famous loaf of on-site baked bread(awesome!!!) and the Caesar salad which is to die for...very garlicy and so fresh!) My husband had the seafood fettucine special and he loved it! I had the lasagna and it was as good as I remembered.
Didn't have room for dessert,but last time I had the tiramisu and is was amazing,also.
I reccomend reservations,as this is a very popular place,but walk-ins do get in,too. They also have a thriving take-out.
You will never be disappointed....a must-try!!!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Pasta has been my fav for all times and I'm pretty picky about it! This place never disappoints me! I always have the same meal (pesto) but never hasitate tasting my friends' dishes. Absolutely amazing! Home made bread and the butter is a delicious meal themselves. If you haven't been here... Boy, telling ya! You're missing a feast!

1  Thank Nathan O
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The garlic chicken pasta is sublime and the ceasar salad is rich and garlicky. We also love, love, love the hot and delicious homemade sourdough bread slathered with melting butter. Yumm! Yumm!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

Ate here on a Thursday night with my wife. The restaurant was 3/4 full, which is usually a good sign. Place is small but cozy although a little loud. I ordered the Calamari based on previous reviews I read and was not impressed.

I have had good and bad Calamari from around the world and this is the first time it was served coated in a very sweet sauce. Fried Calamari should always be served with the sauce on the side. This was more like the sweet and sour spare ribs you get at cheap chinese restaurants.

For our entrees I ordered the Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta and my wife had the lasagna. I found my dish oily and bland and didn't like the addition of feta cheese on top. Also, when are restaurants in general going to start removing the tails from shrimp when they're served in a dish (it's no fun pulling them off with my hands when they're covered in sauce). My wife said her lasagna was fine but that she could have made better.

This wasn't the worst Italian meal I've had, but growing up in Woodbridge, Ontario, I know what good Italian food is.

For $50 (no drinks) I expect better!

2  Thank wayne c