“Sorry to say but only average”
Review of CUT Steakhouse

CUT Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
CUT Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 715 Restaurants in Halifax
Price range: US$30 - US$59
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian, American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Lower Water St
Canada
“Sorry to say but only average”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Wish I could say better things about it but it's only average in my opinion. I think there is far better places in halifax to get steak. It is good and somethings on the menu are very good. The service is ok, look of the inside is very nice and modern. At the end of the day if steak and meat is there specialty I think that you can do better. As far a price goes it seems to be expensive for what you get.
It seems like they try to hard to dress everything up and should just keep it simple and try to make there steaks great.

• Visited July 2014

Stellarton, Canada
“Great dinner”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We visited The Cut during one of our stays at the Courtyard. Service was excellent and steaks were delicious. We prefer other restaurants in the area but would recommend it for a try.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank LASTACEY2014
Monsey, New York
“Good Steak”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This upscale steakhouse has an excellent wine list with good local and imported steak. The table side Caesar salad...what can I say. ..more places need to do it and say no to pre prepared dressing. A definite redo if I return.

Visited November 2013
Richmond Hill, Canada
“Wickedly good lobster poutine ”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Came here with friends for lunch, it's a very nice, classy restaurant with modern decor. However, service is much slower here. It took a very long time until they realized we were standing at the entrance and for us to get seated.
Their lobster poutine is very good and they use real pieces of lobster. It's a very heavy dish but not superbly large in portion as the waitress may tell you. I ordered a beet salad on the side which was good.
One friend ordered a chicken sandwich with bacon, grilled, and it came with some type of veggie soup. We ordered beers as well.

As my friend calls this place: restaurant serving upscale pub food.

Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“I cannot recommend this restaurant”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

you can get as good or even better steak in your own kitchen ...perhaps I have dined out too often to be taken in with all of the over the top attitude...I am surprised they even stay open....it is not a place I would ever return to.

• Visited June 2014