“Very old Playpark that is in dire need of upgrading”
Review of Atlantic Playland

Atlantic Playland
Ranked #18 of 19 Fun & Games in Halifax
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We had a good time, but the park needs major upkeep. Washroom facilities were clean but the water in the waterslide was very dirty. The buildings look like they have not had any major upkeep in years and the go-cart race track was soooooo rough, it was hard to get any speed up without having your teeth rattle. I realize that this park must be a family business and has only teens attending, but I honestly cannot give it a high rating.

1  Thank kaylahni

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I haven't been here in many, many years. It sure has grown up, new rides, new buildings.....but....on the other hand not in ways that it so desperately needs. When you look closely. It's has rotten wood on just about everything that has wood ie: kiddie pool slide, picnic tables, mini golf greens, benches etc...

The very small and under whelming kiddie pool is the only place to get wet unless your going down the water slides (So adults, this means not pool for swimming) This kids pool is about a foot deep with one short slide and a mushroom waterfall and thats it!!!

Now, I'm not one usually nervous on rides but when I see that much rust on a ferris wheel and I'm stuck at the top waiting for others to get on.....YA, I'M A BIT NERVOUS!

There is not one little teeny tiny bit of green Astroturf left in the place thats not worn to a thin piece of rope with no color left. AND THE ANTS! OH, THE ANTS!! EVERYWHERE!!!!

Over all the kids (little) didn't care, they had a good time, but this adult WON'T BE BACK!!

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Today was the first time I'd been to Atlantic Playland in about 15 years, and I did enjoy the morning there. There could be a few more attractions since there are only a few rides - all could be easily done quite quickly. The staff were quite friendly and helpful. Atlantic Playland is one of those fun trips every couple of years or so...

1  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Whole day of fun,kids had a great time. The park has definitely improved since 2011 all I can see are improvements they have added something new every year and this year(2013) they added a haunted castle and its awesome, kids were scared but stilled loved it,so if your a family and want a good day out I strongly recommend spending a day here.!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

This was our third trip here and the most disappointing. It was ok for our 5 year old, he could do most of the things.

But this was the first time our daughter (2 1/2 year old) wanted to go on rides. But there was really nothing for her. Due to height requirements, there were three rides (Jr. Carousel, Caterpillar Train and the Nostalgic Carousel) she could go on. And the Jr. Carousel broke down while she was on it. It was quite disappointing, only having a choice of two rides, which are a lot like a ride you would pay a dollar for in the mall.

In the past we spent most of our time in the little pool (there is no slide by the way) but it was too cold for that on our visit. So we tried to spend more time on rides, but there is only so many times you can go around carousel.

Spend the extra money and go to Upper Clements Park. They have a lot of things for those under 36" and the whole family. Staff is nicer too.

2  Thank mama b