“BEST FOOD in Halifax for sure - recommendation to anyone”
Review of Estia - CLOSED

Estia
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Halifax
Description: Emulating a quintessential neighborhood restaurant in Greece, Estia offers traditional Greek cuisine made from favorite family recipes as well as an eclectic mix of contemporary meat, seafood, pasta and vegetarian dishes. A variety of Pitas, paninis, wraps and sandwiches satisfy those looking for lighter fare, and a selection of gluten free and vegan options make Estia a casual dining destination to satisfy all palates.
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Me and My brother went to Estia for lunch last week. I had eaten there many times before but it was the first time for my brother. We had the chicken spinach lunchsize penne and the smoked salmon pasta. Both were delicious and perfect sizes. The free bread with the fantastic olive oil were a nice addition to our meal. The atmosphere was very nice as well. The high ceiling makes the whole place a little more quiet and allowes to have a nice conversation without yelling across the table even when it gets busy. My brother was very impressed and definitely wants to come back.
Overall a wonderful experience. I recommend it to anyone to try it themselves!

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Wow, what a great restaurant! This was our first time here and I am very impressed. Service was excellent, speed was great and the food was very good. I found the atmosphere to be great but that always depends on who you go with as well. No outdoor seating which would have been very nice if there was room.

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Excellent meal! The moussaka was perfect with a rich béchamel potato top and the hollandaise on their Benedict was superb! Service was friendly and flawless!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This was our second visit to Estia (the first being shortly after they opened) There were 6 of us last night (one a vegetarian) and noone complained about the food. Our vegetarian friend was delighted with her choices. The seafood casserole were, appartenly, top notch and the sauce very good. The stuffed haddock was great and my husband said it was one of the best meals he has had out in quite a while. The lady who waited on us was extremely pleasant and attractive and she is an asset to any restaurant. Thank you so much for such an enjoyable evening. It is not often one goes back to a restaurant that actually gets better.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Nothing special about the breakfast at Estia. While there was nothing wrong with the food but it was just OK, the coffee not very good, and the atmosphere was non-existent. It is a safe bet, but with some great breakfast options in Halifax, I doubt I'll be back.