“First visit but won't be the last”
Review of Talay Thai

Talay Thai
Ranked #56 of 720 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South End
Dartmouth, Canada
“First visit but won't be the last”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Ate here yesterday for lunch. There were three of us and we each ordered a different lunch special and shared. We had a Green Curry with vegetables, chicken with cashews and chicken with ginger. All were delicious. The spring rolls that came with each dish was hot, crispy and not greasy. Each dish was plentiful and the vegetables were fresh. Despite a lot of food, we didn't feel that we had overeaten, as the meal was light.
Service was quick and attentive and prices were very reasonable ($9.50 for each of the lunch specials). The restaurant is relocating, around the corner, in October but it will still be in the neighbourhood. Even though this was lunchtime, and we arrived at 11.45, the restaurant was full when we left at 1pm.
Looking forward to the next visit and maybe takeaway for dinner on the way home.

• Visited August 2014

yucatan peninsula, mexico
“Deeeeeeelicious!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Finally....I found a restaurant in Nova Scotia that made my meal spicy as requested! I get tired of asking for extra, extra Thai spicy hot and ending up with medium. The food was delicious and flavorful. Granted, I did have to add some chiles to it...but they had real chiles...so I was happy! Nice variety on the menu and the service was excellent. Lots of locals in the place for lunch...which is always a good sign. If you love Thai....this is the place!

Visited July 2014
Ontario, Canada
“Best Thai place in the country!!”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I live in Ontario and have been to many many Thai & Vietnamese restaurants, but this one is by far the best. My favourite dishes are the red & green curries & the pad Thai. There is another location at 984 Cole Harbour Rd, Dartmouth. I look forward to the next time I visit Nova Scotia.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesomeness eachtime!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have been going to the Talay thai restaurant for the past 3 years. They have amazing vegetable spring rolls- just the perfect size and neatly done. I love th ebasil chicken and the papaya salad is just so delicious!

• Visited June 2014
Greenfield, NS
“Yummy”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We ordered Ginger Beef, curry Chicken, cashew vegetable. All the dishes were fabulous. We have eaten here before and will do so again. The waitress we had was very sweet. The prices are very reasonable.

Visited May 2014