Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
Four Points by Sheraton Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$183
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$170
  • Breakfast included
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$162
US$152
US$147
Travelocity
Atlantica Hotel Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$169
Agoda.com
US$202
US$156
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$100
1,302 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungegreat locationcows ice creamlower deckhistoric propertiescasino nova scotiawater viewharbour frontwithin walking distancehotel restaurantboard walkmaritime museumbreakfast buffetwaterfront boardwalkper dayfront desk staffcorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I have had an extended stay in Halifax due to personal and business issues. My daughter and I decided to stay here for our second stay in Halifax in a month as we had, had a horrible experience in another hotel.

We had gone for a walk on our first stay, and found this gem. We stayed here for five nights, in the concierge floor. It is a floor with a lounge, which serves breakfast, and hors d'oeuvres in the early hours. My daughter had just finished a summer program at Dal, so she was exhausted. I don't think she came out once to eat breakfast.

The housekeeping staff were superb, and accommodating, knowing full well that our daughter was too tired to get up and at em daily. The lounge is well worth the money if you do have a slower member of the family, who drinks tea at odd hours in the day. There is tea and coffee al day in the lounge.

The housekeeping staff leaves you with bottled water. Once we got a bottle of water that had already been opened, but that has happened at the other not so desireable hotel in Halifax-more than once.

The staff all over the hotel are wonderful, and the front desk staff are there to fulfill your every wish. I can't say enough about this hotel- it's close to all amenities; the premiers stayed at the hotel; the skins golfers were at this hotel. They had a proper concierge at this hotel.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We even did catch the Skins golf game in Glen Arbour.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
HalifaxMarriott, Public Relations Manager at Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to share with us all of your positive experiences with our hotel. The concierge lounge is a beautiful area, and certainly offers a pleasant and casual alternative for dining or enjoying a beverage. Thank you for your response!

Reviewed 9 August 2012

I usually stay in this hotel once or twice a year for business purposes. It is a typical Marriott hotel in a great downtown location next to the waterfront. There are many shops and restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2012

From the moment we checked in to setting up a taxi to get us at 4:00 AM (early flight) when we left, we had nothing but a pampered experience. The staff left us alone until we needed them, then they jumped to our aid. Restaurant recommendations, transportation requests, what to see and where to go were handled by the staff with great aplomb. The rooms were typical Marriott (what else can I say).

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for all of your positive comments. The Halifax Marriott Harbourfront prides itself on excellent customer service and we are thrilled to be seeing such wonderful results. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 31 July 2012

If you want a wonderful place to stay in Halifax, this is it!! Right on the waterfront and easy walking distance to a lot of the attractions (Pier 21, Maritime museum etc). Rooms are spacious and clean - very well maintained. The staff were very accomodating and you could sense they genuinely wanted to help make your stay better.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My hubby arranged this stay for me as a treat for my 50th Birthday, since he couldn't be with me. The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. The beds were very very comfortable. The sound proofing was good, which is really needed in a downtown core. It happened that the Tall Ships were in that weekend and there were fireworks right near the hotel every night which were beautiful. As it turned out, Hubby suprised me by showing up!! Yea!
The only issue I had was that my husband made the arrangements under his name and when I went to check in I was told a few times that if wasn't with me, they couldn't check me in or even give me any information about the reservation. Exasperated, I asked her to just READ the reservation and once she found out he was an elite member and had indeed arranged it for my birthday things were okay.
Oh...and the birthday cake delivered to my room by room service was SO rich and chocolatey! YUM.

Room Tip: The Harbour side costs a bit more, but the veiw is lovely.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
HalifaxMarriott, Public Relations Manager at Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback! That seems like an excellent way to celebrate such a special occasion, we are glad we could be a part of that for you. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during check-in, but are glad that the problem was able to be resolved in a timely fashion. Thanks again! Looking forward to seeing you in the future.