“Another great stay”

Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
St. John's, Canada
“Another great stay”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

my 2nd time staying at the Marriott Harbourfront. Very impressed with the lobby renovations. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Fantastic service. Location is great, even for a winter visit there were lots of things to do in the immediate area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Toronto
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Harbourfront on business. The lobby is great and had a warm welcome upon arrival. Service was great and dining option downstairs is ok. Centrally located and walking distance to all amenities. Room was a good size however I was quite bothered by the bed and mattress itself. The sheets did not fit properly and kept flipping off the corners and exposed an old mattress cover which no one wants to ever see. Minor issue but the larger pillows they put on the bed reeked so bad that I'm surprised anyone would ever want that on their bed period. I suggest making minor adjustments or actually changing pillow covers for each guest. My room was on the 4th floor and was actually next to the utility room. Both mornings I was woken up by the door slamming open and shut. Sound barriers could be improved. Still a good stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
HalifaxMarriott, Manager at Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are so sorry that your experience here with us was not up to our standard of service, due to noise levels coming from nearby and the quality of our bedding. We pride ourselves on providing unbeatable service to our valued guests, and never like to hear about anyone leaving any less than 100% satisfied with all aspects of their stay.

We will be further investigating this matter to see that this noise situation doesn't repeat itself. In speaking with the Director of Housekeeping Services, she has provided some feedback. Marriott is presently in the process of introducing new bedding standards which will eliminate all large square pillows. We are in the process of implementing the new bedding at our property which will provide a more standard pillow rather than the decorative ones presently on the beds.

On the other hand, we are glad to hear that other than this issue, you enjoyed our Hotel and found it welcoming. We do hope to see you again!
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was travelling to Halifax on business. The hotel itself is well located, very close to downtown amenities, etc. The lobby is very nice and they also have a Starbucks on-site and what looks like a nice restaurant. The hotel is cute although it seems a little outdated. I have stayed at nicer hotels before but my room was comfortable and had a great view of the water.

Unfortunately the reason this hotel loses points for me is because my heat wasn't working properly. Over the two days I stayed there, temperatures in Halifax were well in the minus teens and my room was often chili. I had to crank the heater up to 27 degrees Celsius and the system was just blowing air that was not warm enough to heat up the room. Event though I put the heat at 27 it felt like 19-20 degrees. Also, the free Wi-Fi did not work for me. Being there for business, it was crucial that my Wi-Fi worked properly. I had two laptops and my smart phone, and unfortunately the wired internet only powered one device at a time. I spent 20 minutes with guest services trying to fix it, and when they did, it was only temporary. By the afternoon the next day I had lost my Wi-Fi connection again and simply gave up because I didn't feel like spending another 20 minutes on the phone with guests services.

The service overall was fantastic. They really lived up to their friendly east-coast reputation. Any time I had an issue they were willing to assist, and the front desk, bell man, and service staff were friendly at all times. I have absolutely nothing but great things to say about the service at this hotel.

I would certainly consider staying at this hotel again, it just happened to be unfortunate that I ran into these issues during my stay that made it just average.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Debra S, Manager at Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding the service you were provided here at the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront, I will ensure your review is shared with all associates. I am disappointed to hear that you did not have the internet service or heating that you required in order to make your stay perfect. Internet is certainly a must have in this day and age so I will ensure this is addressed immediately. Thank you again for taking the time to provide a detailed review and I do hope to see you again in the near future.
Wolfville, Canada
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We attended an event at the hotel so stayed there for convenience. We found the staff very efficient and friendly, the rooms are clean and bright with regular hotel amenities, and the location is awesome (even coming from a Haligonian who has been in the area many times). We opted not to pay the upgrade for a water view, but if you are visiting the area and planning to stay for a few days, it would be worth it. We had a drink in the bar, and the staff there were very attentive as well, and enjoyed coffee at the Starbucks in the morning. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Queens , New york
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My Husband and I stayed at the Marriott in Halifax N.S. CA.in August 2013.We had a wonderful time.Our room was beautiful overlooking the harbour .We stayed for a few day's.Since the Hotel is on the waterfront you can take a stroll down by the water. There are several restaurants,
gift shops and more. It is absoutely beautiful.
We had beautiful weather and had a great time.
We dined at the restaurant in the hotel.
The food was great , and the service was good.
The night life was good.If you want to visit a casino you can do so without going outside. We alway's have a nice stay at the Marriott Hotel's
On another note since the Titanic Liner sunk of the coast of Halifax,N.S
There are several of the Passanger's buried in Halifax.
It appears to be a tourist attraction.When and if you visit Halifax, you most certainly will enjoy your stay at the Marriott Hotel,if you choose to do so.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the harbour.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tubridy1
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Very nice hotel! I was recently there for a work function and found this to be one of the nicest hotels in the area. My room was overlooking the harbour (beautiful) and was nicely appointed, clean and extremely comfortable. The room temperature is easy to control and the beds were so cozy I didn't want to get up in the morning. My room was attended to by Sarah and she did a wonderful job - crisp & clean as a whistle.

The food selection in the restaurant was generous and there were a lot of healthy options to choose from - a nice thing when travelling.

The staff were delightful - from the valet, to the desk, wait staff, housekeeping etc. They were all very friendly and professional.

Good job!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a harbour view!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Sharon C, Front Office Manager at Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at our Hotel. We will share your comments with our associates in our internal daily newsletter. We hope to see you again when you are next in Halifax.
New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed two nights in a suite with a view of the harbour. Our room was quite and the service was impeccable. We parked in underground parking under the hotel and walked most places in downtown Halifax. Even though the weather was quite cold there were many things to see in down town Halifax and the hotel was only a short distance away. It was a very enjoyable weekend -we will definitely look forward to coming back!

Room Tip: A view of the harbour is definitely worth it
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharon C, Front Office Manager at Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2014
Thank you for chosing our hotel. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your room and that the location enabled you to conveniently visit the downtown. We hope to see you again when you are next in Halifax.