“Wonderful Experience :)”

Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Edmonton, Canada
“Wonderful Experience :)”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

From start to finish my experience at the Harbourfront Marriott Hotel was amazing.
I ended up staying at the hotel because that is where the conference was being held and I am very happy that I stayed there.
The staff were amazing, housekeeping was friendly (even though I didn't use the service), the conference food was good and the restaurant was great, the location was superb and I would definitely return.
The only down side was that the room I stayed in, perhaps even the floor, had door locks that you had to slam to get to close properly, but other guests did not (different rooms and floors attending the same conference didn't have that problem so I think it was just the group on that floor)

Room Tip: The harbor-facing rooms have an amazing view if you have the opportunity to stay in one of those.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Rooms are nice and clean. Located right on the Harbor front it is a lovely place to stay. The hotel is open and accommodating for a conference. The staff are what make this hotel stand out. Very helpful, always friendly and attentive, quite often anticipating a need or filling a request immediately with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Harbor view is better... as always.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sheryl M
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Just left a few days ago...extremely impressed with the service. ..especially our server Michelle in the lounge. Great sense of humor...just all around professional throughout the whole hotel..will most definitely stay again

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Shelly L
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My mother and I booked the "girls night out package" with a day at the spa. I requested an early check in, but was told on the phone the earliest we could check in was 2pm. But when we arrived at 10am for our spa day they were able to check us in then! Great! The services were wonderful and the staff was very attentive. You could tell the hotel was an older building but it had had been completely renovated. Our room was very nice and clean with newer furnishings and bedding. Free wifi is an excellent service provided and it was very simple to log on.
While we were having our day at the spa the kitchen forgot to prepare our lunch orders. However, they rushed our lunch order and it was complimentary. As well, when we returned to the hotel room we had received a voucher for the breakfast buffet the next morning! Amazing spread! The food was excellent with quite a variety and the server was great. I plan on coming back to the breakfast buffet some morning even if I am not spending the night in the city. Over all, I was very impressed and the Halifax Marriott Harbourfront will be my first choice the next time I need to stay in Halifax.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I have stayed here a number of times and find it to be one of the nicest hotels in the Halifax area. The service is good and the guest rooms are very comfortable. One thing I particulalry enjoy is that I can hook my laptop or video camera up to the tv without having to circumvent the hotels attempts at trying to make that impossible. I don't know why they do that (probably an attempt to make people watch their on demand movies) but I always find it annoying when I want to hook my laptop to the television and find I have to go all McGiver in order to do it.

Aside from the confort of the accomodations, it is also in a very picturesque location and right downtown. Honestly, I'm not sure if I would rate any of the Halifax hotels ahead of this one come to think of it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

And I mean no view. I looked into a fence. Why have a harbour front hotel and give a room with NO view. Not even a street. A fence. The decor is dated but very comfortable and the restaurant is nice. Also good to have a Starbucks. Connected by Skybridge to a food court mall. Wifi okay but having to relog in every day is annoying.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank joanne7575
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My daughter and I stay at a hotel 4 times a year for a girls night away. Check in was one of the best experiences I have had at a hotel. I wish I remembered the front desk womans name but she welcomed us with a huge smile, told us all the information we may need about our room and the hotel. Great experience. Our room had direct access to the pool which we thought would be great for swimming and to sit outside our sliding doors to do crafts on the table directly in front of our room. We went swimming and had a great time, pool was very clean and not too cold. We went and toured downtown Halifax and bought some crafts to do back at the hotel. After returning to our room we were going to sit out on the pool deck at the table in front of our door but it was gone, someone had taken the table and chairs. Not a huge deal we did crafts in the room but it didn't take long for 2 hockey teams to take over the entire floor playing hockey in the halls and running thoughout the halls all day into the evening. There was a very small child with his room number written on a piece of paper roaming the halls looking for his room. Shame on these parents. The loudness in the hallways was ridiculous, not enjoyable for anyone.This is no fault of the hotel just lousy parenting.
We ordered room service for dinner, food was excellent and delivered hot at a great cost. The beds were very comfortable and room was spotless. We woke up in the morning to a family having breakfast at the table outside our room at 8am. Quite the surprise to open the curtains and have a family literally 2 inches away from your door starring in your room at you.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for customer service, food and location. I would not recommend a pool access room as it is VERY loud which travels right into the rooms. The pool is open at 8am to 11pm.

Room Tip: Pool access rooms are incredibly loud. We were expecting some noise from the pool to travel in our r...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jennifer G
HalifaxMarriott, Manager at Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Jennifer,
I'm delighted to hear that you and your daughter found our service, food and check-in experience exceeded your expectations.
I am however, sorry to hear that the noise from the pool and hallway disrupted your special mother-daughter get away. We expect and request that guests are respectful of the hotel being a shared space, but if that is not the case, we are prepared to deal with a situation quickly and reinforce the expectation.
Thank you for your compliments on the comfy bed and cleanliness of your guestroom. Overall, I hope you and your daughter enjoyed your time together and appreciate you choosing to stay with us.