“Awesome Hotel”

Prince George Hotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 7 August 2013

The rooms are very nice and well appointed. The staff are outstanding. They went above and beyond on several occasions. Plus they are super friendly and helpful. It is well located and easy walking distance to restaurants and tourist sites. The Crown floor and the related amenities were a real delight. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FuzzyBeaver
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Awesome name FuzzyBeaver and thank you very much for the awesome review and for staying with us. When your travels bring you back to YHZ give us a shout.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,174)

Reviewed 5 August 2013

If you come to Halifax to see the city then being where everything is convenient is a very good thing. The hotel is within walking distance to restaurants, the harbor, and many sites you've come to see. Wifi is free. The room was attractive and comfortable. Staff members were available, even in late evening, and responsive and accommodating to our needs.

Room Tip: If a view is important be sure to request it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Glad you enjoyed us gogogirlSouthland. Halifax is an awesome city with lots to offer including many great hotels with amazing people working in them.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We booked at the Prince George last minute thru Hotwire and we were impressed with hotel. The location is perfect for exploring Halifax.. Five min walk to the harbour front. Two minute walk to the citadel. Front desk staff were friendly efficient and helpful. The kids loved the pool. The rooms were clean and very comfy. When checking out the front desk gave us directions of how to get best get out of the city which was extremely helpful... They were also dog friendly which was soo nice..would highly recommend the Prince George to anyone staying in halifax

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Nice shout out baltic733 - thank you for posting a review of our property and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Halifax.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I had not stayed at the Prince George Hotel for several years and decided to spend a night as part of a business/leisure trip in July. I did not book ahead but arrived and got a room for my daughter and me to share. Addititonally, I had taken an 18 year old loyalty card with me. I had stayed more than ten days in the past but never had a chance to use my free night until now. Thankfully, the GM accepted the outdated card and I got to stay with the PG for the night. The hotel is every bit as great as it was when I used to stay there in the early 90's when I travelled on business. It has been updated and is still the best hotel in the downtown Halifax core. it is close to great restaurants and the main historic attractions. I highly recommned this hotel - the staff will make yours a great stay.

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the upper levels. Although, all rooms are quiet and there is no noticeable str...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

I am glad you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us Timothy A. Thanks for sharing.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

This was my second time at the Prince George Hotel. The first was for my wedding. The rooms we stayed in for our wedding in 2009 were fabulous! But, the event planner was not so on the ball. I had been very disappointed with the way things went in our wedding - we actually had to stop the ceremony and wait while my sister (who was a bridesmaid) left the ceremony to run to get the things that had not been brought out for us. This was just the first of many, but probably one of the most memorable mess ups of the day. When I wrote to the hotel to explain my dissatisfaction they offered us a night's stay on their crown floor and dinner for two at their restaurant Gio. Now, the room we stayed in this time did not compare to those we stayed in the first time, but, one of the rooms we had stayed in originally was the honeymoon suite which should be the best of the best and I believe it probably was. But, it was a nice, comfortable room. Dinner at Gio was amazing, I felt out of place because it is a very fancy restaurant, but the food was delicious and the staff was very energetic and seemed to genuinely enjoy their work.

All in all, we had a wonderful time visiting the Prince George the second time around and would certainly return again if we could afford it. The only thing I would say is that I would not recommend this as a wedding venue.

Room Tip: When booking, if you spend the little extra to get a room on the crown floor it comes with access to...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

I am glad you had an opportunity to come back and enjoy a night with us Laurie J. Thank you for sharing your experience with the tripadvisor community. Hopefully your third visit comes sooner than latter.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

we stayed at the Prince George Hotel in Halifax and it was great. The location is perfect about three blocks from the waterfront , a fifteen minute walk from the casino and right across the street from the Keg restaurant. The staff were excellent. Our room was not ready when we got there but that was not a big deal as we were planning on walking to the waterfront anyway. Once we did check in the staff was so apologetic which was not necessary. We will definetly stay at the Prince George again only longer next time

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Much longer next time Claire M..... which of course we hope is very soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The hotel is a nice hotel with standard amenities. Be prepared for a large construction project next door. It wasn't noisy where I was located it is something to keep in mind. Restaurant was good. Room service was quick and the food fresh. Parking is available and entrance is the opposite side of the building's hotel entrance.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

That large hole bseide us Roy M is going to be Nova Centre..... it is going to be awesome and we are super lucky that we have a very professional developer who cares about us..... noise has been minimal to nonexistant and we are truly thankful for that. Thanks for staying with us on your visit to Halifax. Great city wouldn't you say?