“Perfect Place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Etobicoke
“Perfect Place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Perfection in location, comfort, price, and staff. Everyone was friendly, helpful, offering suggestions for places to eat, to visit. Beds were so comfortable we had the best sleep of our holiday easily stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
I sleep like a baby when I stay here Anna N..... better than at home now that you mention it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Vancouver, British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I would highly recommend the Prince George Hotel. The friendliness of the staff from valet parking to check out time was demonstrated time and time again. They really made me feel like I was their guest! More importantly they set the stage for my next visit! I will return. knowing that their smiles will be waiting for me there!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We will always have smiles for you Mary P...... thank you for your kind comments..... I will definitely share with the team.
Channel-port-aux-basques
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I absolutely love the Prince George. I find the hotel clean, modern, and the staff are extremely nice and helpful. I stay at the Prince George at least 2-3 times a year. It's close to everything, the underground parking is great, the limo service to pick you up at the airport is also great! I can't wait to see the rest of the renovations when I return in August.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are excited too Randi A..... let me know what you think when you return in August - Scott
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stay here every trip to Halifax. Renovations look nice. Staff is always helpful, professional and consistent.
Rooms are always well equipped and clean.
Room service is fast. Food is excellent.
We will be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

See you then Mark M - Thank you!
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel is in a great location, close to the Citadel and nearby attractions. It is beautiful overall, the rooms are comfortable, functional, very clean and have everything you need for a great stay including very good beds. The staff is truly exceptional, very friendly and helpful. The customer service is above and beyond what I have experienced in any other hotel I have stayed at in North America or Europe. I stayed here with my husband and my mom while we visited Halifax over the Victoria Day long weekend and we all loved our stay. We were made to feel very welcome and many people (including Julie at Gio restaurant and Rola in the Crown Lounge who arranged for a piece of cake to be delivered to my room with a happy birthday message) went out of their way to make our stay memorable. I strongly recommend the hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Thank you Angela O for mentioning our great team and specifically Julie and Rola - Happy belated birthday from all 150 of us!
Paradise
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Look no further for the best in quality and guest services than the Prince George Hotel. We have been celebrating our wedding anniversary here for the past many years and we are always blown away by the personal service we receive by all the staff at the hotel, from the front desk, to the door person, to housekeeping and dining. You will not get better guest services. The rooms are impeccably clean and refreshing and the beds are so comfortable, you'll want to take it home with you. The new renovations will make you feel that you are in NYC or Paris. The food is superb. Can you tell it's our favourite Halifax hotel?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you Kim & Claude G for trusting us to be your anniversary hosts. Thank you also for the amazing review and most of all for staying with us..... see you soon? How about a 1 month-after-your-anniversary-visit?
Saskatoon, SK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I'm torn about leaving a review anything less than great, since my first stay with the PG was so wonderful. I'm sad to say the second trip just didn't live up to the first experience.There were definitely some great parts to the stay, but there were some areas for improvement as well.

I attribute this partly to timing. There was construction happening in the lobby - mostly completed, but still a few things underway. And the city was busy - a running event finishing up the day I checked in, as well as the royal visit. I don't know how much impact these had, but it's possible.

I stayed in an executive suite - I actually requested (and was given) the same one I stayed in several months before, when I was married at the PG. It was beautiful. Unfortunately there were some pretty enthusiastic guests on the same floor, and I didn't get a lot of sleep that night. I didn't say anything to the hotel - I figure this can happen anywhere, and what's one night? However, things went downhill a little the next day when I realized I could hear a lot of pounding (I am guessing related to the constuction) despite being on the 4th floor.

Later, I discovered there was zero water pressure for the (jacuzzi) tub. This was the real reason I'd booked this room type. I called the desk, someone came and took a look and determined it was a maintenance issue. (I'm only guessing that to clean the tub, no water is required, which is why it wasn't caught before I checked in or that morning?)

I was offered another room, which I took. I moved myself and my bagsdown two floors to a new suite with a working tub. This was great at first - until 6am when the alarm the last guest had set woke me up. It may be a small pet peeve, but I really wish housekeeping would check the alarm clock when cleaning rooms after check outs (in all hotels). The good news is this meant I was already awake when the construction noise began, directly below my room, before 8am. And I was wide awake and alert when I hopped into the shower and discovered lots (and lots) of mold in the ceiling tiles.

I was pretty disappointed - and did mention the mold to the front desk when I checked out. I'm fairly easy going and am not the kind of person to kick up a stink or demand compensation for a dirty room (or being bounced around) - but it would have been nice had they offered.

All of this said - there were highlights. I did have a knock on my door the day after I checked in, and room service was standing there with a bottle of champagne and a plate of dessert. The event planner had found out I was there and sent them up (thinking my husband was with me), along with a very sweet card. And when I initially checked in, I received such a warm welcome from staff who had helped us back in September as well. With such personal touches and caring staff, even the bad things are mitigated and I'll definitely go back - I still couldn't imagine staying at a different hotel in Halifax. I just hope they see this criticism for what it is - an opportunity to improve and blow everyone away, as I was during my first visit.

Room Tip: Harbour view rooms are the best.