Prince George Hotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay very clean and modern and centrally located the staff were very friendly and obliging. Parking was great and convenient. The bathroom was immaculate. Very pleased with our stay there . It wasn't our first time here and we will definitely be returning guests.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Scott T, General Manager at Prince George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Looking forward to it d_barrie12 - thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,083)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have been to the prince George many times but was not overly impressed with this particular stay.I understand renovations are continuous but for some reason it did not seem as good as my other previous stays.Still a good hotel.Location is great.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff A

Hi Jeff A - I am sorry you didn't enjoy this stay as much as stays in the past. If there was something specific please do not hesitate to email me directly at stravis@princegeorgehotel.com and thank you very much for continuing to stay with us.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I thought this hotel was very clean, service was great! I would have like the upgrade that was offered to me to be offered at no ectra charge as opposed to an extra $50.00 as it would probably prompt me to use his hotel exclusively. Some of the furniture was a getting quite worn but it was overall nice and clean which is very important.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Kim S - We have all new casegoods coming very soon to address your worn furniture observations. I am sorry this affected your stay with us ..... we should have this addressed very soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The Prince George Hotel was a great place to stay even though it was under renovations!! I didnt even notice! its convenient place to stay because everything you need is around you and/or walking distance! Thanks

Thank you Pamela P...
We have tried to make this reno the least obtrusive reno in the history of Hotels - ok that's a stretch - but we have tried to disrupt as few guests as possible and thank you for saying we have done a pretty good job at that.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The Prince George is a perfect hotel. The lobby is beautiful, even when under renovations! Our room was perfect...very comfortable beds, clean and beautifully appointed. The internet was free and worked well. This is by far my favourite place to stay when in Halifax.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

The service was excellent, my room was very clean, and nice and big. You are right in the Downtown area of Halifax and are within with in walking distance of anywhere you would like to go downtown. I always stay at the Prince George when I am business or pleasure when I travel to Halifax.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks Martin M for the great comments..... we hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We had always wanted to stay at the Prince George because of their advertisement of being pet friendly.

The beds were a bit hard but comfy - definitely not a deal breaker. Each bed had 4 pillows all seemed a different type so I enjoyed if one wasn't comfortable for me I could try another.

This is our 4th stay at a hotel with our dogs Hank (English Mastiff) & Luna (German Shorthair) and the Prince George exceeded our expectations!

We were greeted by Raymond the concierge helped us with our bags and pups while exchanging stories making us feel at home and welcomed.

The front desk staff were also amazing and gave Luna and Hank a fairly large treat bag!! Consisting of a food/water dish (they're fairly small suggest bringing your own) a bag of treats, a toy, fleece blanket, poop bags (best I've seen yet) and a letter informing us Raymond the concierge would assist us to finding the local fire hydrants.

Overall this hotels staff are genuine, each staff member would treat our dogs like royalty and my dogs enjoyed every minute of it (though the staff seemed to also) The 4th floor is non pet friendly so if you want to make sure you're away from furry friends there's a floor just for you& I also noticed on the second floor there were peek holes for people who are in wheelchairs as well as one up high. I have never seen this before and thought it was a great idea. The walls seemed a bit thin, could hear other people running the showers which again isn't a deal breaker but we found it a bit stressful as Luna would bark when she first heard it running at 6am.

We will be back again for sure& hopefully many more times. The staff are genuine& pet friendly for all the right reasons. Keep up the amazing work!!! :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thanks Hank and Luna for having such great parents who love the Prince George Hotel...BOW...WOW...MEOW!