“A very pleasant stay at a lovely hotel”

Prince George Hotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 12 January 2010

Personal, attentive service is what you can expect...., up to and including email contact prior to arrival..a nice touch

Check In was thorough, quick and efficient without feeling rushed
Very clean and well appointed rooms,

We attended a bufffet banquet one evening and the menu was exquisite. Breakfast buffet was also extremely good.

Kudos to management and staff !.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 January 2010

Me and my husband spent two night at the Prince George Hotel. We stayed Dec 30th and 31st for our New Years and it was amazing. The Hotel's rooms were very clean and comfortable not to mention the customer service from the staff was exceptional! We were well accommodated and had a wonderful weekend. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone and once you're spent an overnight stay at the Prince George , you'll never choose another hotel again while visiting Halifax.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2010

After a recent stay at the Prince George with some friends, I wanted to share what a great experience I had. From the visit to the website, looking for a hotel to stay in while in Halifax for an event, right through to checking out, it was a really great experience. I made my reservations over the phone and the staff were very helpful and were able to answer every question I had. Check-in couldn’t have been better and upon my arrival the lady at the front desk spoke to me by name while we chatted and she was quick to acknowledge that I had stayed there before and wanted to follow up on my previous experience and I believe she genuinely cared. When I got to my room everything looked great, clean and very nice upgrades since my last visit. I was very happy to see that they started a new “Green” program, which you can opt to use to assist the hotel in being environmentally responsible. I stayed on the Crown floor, which had a continental breakfast included, that was delivered to our room. The in-room service was great and very friendly. The food was fantastic and the onsite restaurant, Gio, is amazing! You definitely get what you pay for when you stay at the Prince George.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2010

You must eat at the Gio restaurant, my 9 year old daughter had the 3 cheese pizza, her words "was to die for" . I had the Veal.... excellent! Also, best Martinis in Halifax!

Great location, you can park underground and walk every where in downdown Halifax. The service is "genuinely friendly"

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2010

We have stayed here before but not recently, so were looking forward to renewing the acquaintance. Not disappointed -- our room was beautifully appointed with a glimpse of the harbour, the hotel remains an elegant oasis ideally located in the downtown core near the best entertainment venues, and the service is surely the best in Halifax. Plus their restaurant 'Gio' (experienced on several other occasions) is superb -- not only is it astonishing for a hotel restaurant but it is truly one of the very best in Halifax's burgeoning dining scene! The Prince George gets our highest recommendation for visitors looking for a touch of luxury and the best food and service in the city.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bytowner
Reviewed 28 December 2009

My daughter and I frequent The PG when staying in Halifax. It is the best hotel in my opinion, with beautiful surroundings and the most comfortable beds ever! The staff are very professional and attentive, and the hotel is located in the most desirable area of downtown Halifax. The fitness center is great, and the pool and hot tub is always a favorite. We enjoy our stay immensely, and always return to our favorite hotel the Prince George!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2009

Must say that this was the best experience I've had in a hotel in the last couple of years and my work takes me across Europe. From the genuine friendly approach of the front desk staff and 24/7 business centre on the ground floor to the comfort of the facilities, this was an excellent experience, not to mention an exceptional value. I would highly recommend people coming to Halifax would consider this hotel ... the restaurant is also worth a look, at least for lunch!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo