This was our second time here in two weeks. Our last visit was okay, but not great, but from the moment we arrived this time it was not up to par. The woman who checked us in was not very pleasant or helpful. She was dismissive. We tried to ask about the restaurant, and she dismissed us. We decided to go somewhere else.
We were put in room 332, overlooking the park. We were happy with this, as it overlooks our former neighborhood. Our room was comfortable.
The partying next door in room 330 started at 7pm and went until 3 am, with a short break where the people went out. We complained at about 9pm and the manager said it wasn't "loud enough", as it wasn't quiet hours yet. I invited him back, to listen in our room. He came and agreed that it was noisy, but not quiet hours until 11pm. He said the walls were "paper thin" and the hotel was full, so they couldn't move us. We felt like we were the ones in the wrong. Apparently there was an event at the hotel and a Ball at the Cunard Centre, so we were basically told it would be noisy. That would have been nice to know when we arrived, so we could go somewhere quiet and more peaceful.
As the evening went on our floor got more rowdy and we could hear a lot of loud voices and hooping and screeching outside of our closed window. Our room was directly above a deck where smokers from the event directly below us was. People were out there all the rest of the night and they were loud. It felt like we were trying to sleep in a bar with drunk people all around us.
The people in room 330 even were up by 7:30 loudly discussing their night out. There were at least four or more adults in their room. It was awesome. We leave the Westin exhausted and are not in a hurry to return to the hotel. We were not treated like valued customers. We were dismissed from the moment we arrived.
We left Halifax five years ago and stay here several times a year when we return to visit. We'll try some other place next month when we're back to Halifax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Nova Scotian, is located near Halifax Harbour. Steps from world-class shopping and dining opportunities, we are the ideal place to savor the sights and sounds of the beautiful city of Halifax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Westin Nova Scotian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Nova Scotian Hotel Halifax
- Westin Hotel Halifax
- Westin Nova Scotian
- Westin Halifax
- Halifax Westin
- The Westin Nova Scotian Halifax, Nova Scotia