Stayed two nights here in November 2013, got a great deal on hotwire. We were just in town for a short weekend getaway and were not disappointed. This is a very nice hotel, and you can tell from the moment you step foot in the lobby. Great friendly staff, check in was quick. We were given a harbourview room too, which was nice.
The room was great, a bit on the small side but plenty for two people. We had a room that shared a wall with an elevator, but heard no noise. It was surprising how quiet the room was considering where we were!
The Yuk Yuks's comedy club is on the main floor, and hotel guests get 2 for 1. This was a great bonus of staying here as it gave us a nice cheap entertainment option for the night.
The location isn't my favourite as it's a bit of a hike to the pubs and casino, but there's a liquor store next door, and the farmers market is about 200 meters away.
If you're staying on the weekend, I recommend trying to get a parking spot on the street, as metered parking is free on the weekends. We paid valet the first night ($22) but were able to get free parking the next night.
Overall great hotel, book without concern.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Nova Scotian, is located near Halifax Harbour. Steps from world-class shopping and dining opportunities, we are the ideal place to savor the sights and sounds of the beautiful city of Halifax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo and Starwood so you can book your The Westin Nova Scotian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Nova Scotian Hotel Halifax
- Westin Hotel Halifax
- Westin Nova Scotian
- Westin Halifax
- Halifax Westin
- The Westin Nova Scotian Halifax, Nova Scotia