“Westin Hospitality...”

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Comox Valley, Canada
“Westin Hospitality...”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We enjoyed the Westin Nova Scotian hospitality last weekend.
I had a very small double room and my brother Barry had a slightly bigger king room; his room was fine with extra chairs, but my room with two beds was a bit tight and with only one chair, I found it not suitable for entertaining. (I prefer more space and chairs). There, that's my only beef and now the positives...
First, price was excellent as each room prepaid was only $97.50 a night, loved that.
Second, Westin is famous for their "Heavenly Beds" and believe me it's true!
Last, my son enjoyed the indoor pool, I enjoyed the hotels décor, and we all enjoyed their Outstanding Service...an example?
My son Chris lost his money in the pop machine, so he called down and told the front desk. They asked 'what pop were you trying to buy?", and minutes later a bellboy was at our door with two cans of pop, two tall glasses and fresh ice...ALL complimentary. WOW, where does this service happen anymore?
So small rooms aside, I would gladly spend another weekend at the Westin Nova Scotian when I return to Halifax.
Cheers,
Paul

Room Tip: I always ask for and get a higher floor and quiet area room and I'm never disappointed.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paulshappy
NCHR, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor! Feel free to request a bigger room when making your next reservation with us. We want you to be as comfortable as possible during your stay. We’re thrilled that you enjoyed our Heavenly Bed, it’s loved by most!

We’re so happy we could help you out with your pop situation. We love going above and beyond for our guests, that's what differentiates us from other hotels.

Looking forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Halifax!

Until then,
Guido Kerpel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Riverview, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this Westin recently and it's still a great spot. It is a bit removed from the Historic Properties on the waterfront but that isn't always a bad thing. In the summer months it's still just a really pleasant walk.

Like all Westin's it was very comfortable, the room was great and the staff very pleasant and helpful. I felt it was an excellent value for the money.

Room Tip: See if you can get something facing the Harbour. Gives you the morning sun and a view of a busy harb...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
NCHR, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for choosing to return to the Wesitn Nova Scotian. We were so happy to welcome you back to our downtown hotel. The Historic Properties are just a quick walk form our property, we always recommend our guests to check it out. And you’re right! It’s a beautiful walk along to waterfront during the summer months.

We’re thrilled that you were cozy in your room and had time to explore downtown as well as relax.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Until then,
Hubbards, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 3 March 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a lovely weekend away at the Westin. The rooms were clean and the bed "very" comfortable' We ate at Elements where we had a slight problem, which the management quickly corrected with an apology and a free breakfast buffet. Also the management (2) were always around observing every part of the Westin and seeing how they could help all the guest.
Wonderful burger at Roy' the best!
I definitely will be going back before winter is over for another lovely mini vacation. Wonderfully managed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
NCHR, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor! We’re so happy to hear that we were your hotel of choice when wanting a weekend away. We don’t blame you for escaping the winter weather; the Westin has everything you’d ever need under one roof.

Thank you for letting us know on property about the slight issue in elements on hollis, we always want to make things right and happy we fixed any confusion. Also, Roy’s burger is always a guest favourite, great choice!

Looking forward to seeing you again before the spring!

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

This is an old building. Service was good. Temperature control was an issue. Had to keep the window open to keep the room temp less than 75. Room was very small, but functional and comfortable. Free wi-fi was reliable. Meeting room was spacious and the food was pretty good.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
NCHR, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us. We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary Wi-Fi and delicious dining options. We want to apologize for the inconvenience with the warm temperatures, we will be sure to share your comments with our team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I came for a one-night stay for a getaway. I booked a standard room, and the actual room was nice, lovely features, comfortable bed, clean and tidy, and decently sized.

However, the room was VERY hot, and the temperature could not be turned down via the thermostat so I turned it off and opened the window, which eventually cooled the room. Opening windows is definitely a nice feature.

Checkout was smooth, but I was charged for a mini-bar item I did not have. I've contacted them and I am hoping they will remove this charge.

If they remove the charge, I will think about staying again. The rating reflects the heat and false charge. The hotel main areas are lovely and clean, and it is within walking distance of many of Halifax's attractions.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
NCHR, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to share your experience.

Due to the ever-changing weather and temperatures in Halifax, it can be a challenge to regulate the heat. We want to extend our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. In future stays, should you have any concerns with the heat, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Front Desk and they'll gladly assist with this.

In regards to your mini-bar charge, we would encourage you to reach out to our Hotel Manager, Raj Gupta, so we can get this rectified right away. He can be reached via e-mail at raj.gupta@thewestinnovascotian.com.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

So, the westin is famous for their beds and they, at least, are as advertised. Probably the most comfortable beds in any hotel I've stayed in and I travel a lot on business.

The problem is, there's more to a hotel than beds, and the westin has definitely dropped the ball where everything else is concerned. The rooms are small and calling them "ordinary" would be an overstatement.

Honestly, with all the other hotels in Halifax I would never stay here again if it were my choice. The problem is they always manage to attract conferences to their hotel, so I'm forced to stay here on occasion. For personal trips, never again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
We are disappointed to read about your less than expected experience. We want to extend our sincere apologies for not meeting your Westin expectations.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns in more detail. Should you wish to discuss, please reach out to our Hotel Manager, Raj Gupta at raj.gupta@thewestinnovascotian.com.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a true Westin Nova Scotian experience.

Shelburne, Canada
Reviewed 18 February 2014

After a long days work [ nearly 12 hours ] and awful snow and cold and ice, what a delight to met by such a warm welcome in the Westin. It is a hotel of choice and again they delighted us with their service and quality. We had a large bright well appointed room, on the 7th floor. The bed was a queen rather than the Kings we've had before but no less comfy or fresh. As ever a bright clean well stocked bathroom and a wonderful soft robe to slip into after a much needed soak in a hot bath :-) We got a royalty card that give 25% off food served in hotel - we had plans to eat out so will use the card in a few weeks when we hope to be back there with work. Anotehr great quiet stay THANKS.

Room Tip: We have been water side and street side and always enjoyed a quiet nights sleep
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
NCHR, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
There's nothing better than relaxing after a long and cold winter's day. We're happy you had such a great and warm experience.

Thank you for writing a review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.