“Quick Stay”

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Halifax, Canada
“Quick Stay”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed just one night. The staff was noticeably friendly and professional. The lobby is lovely and had a live duo playing the night we stayed. Great bed and pillows! We had a view of the harbour. We'd stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
NCHR, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for the feedback about your stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you were treated to the friendly service that The Westin is known for. Our comfortable beds and convenient location are great perks to our hotel. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Until then,
Guido Kerpel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (441)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed at the Westin for 5 nights over a conference and we enjoyed our stay here. The room was somewhat dated but the bed was very good and the room clean. We felt the staff were excellent and always courteous and ready to help. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the waterfront and city. I would be very happy to stay here again

Room Tip: Some of our conference had rooms with no outlook. Ask for one with a view of the harbour
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed three nights at this typical high quality Starwood property. First of all, we had a great deal with cash and points which reduced our cost to super value. Loved the location directly on the waterfront, our room was spacious and overlooked the harbor. Breakfast buffet was included in the price as was free parking. Many restaurants and pubs within a two block area, the only negative is the weather which was windy and foggy much of the time. Would stay here again because you can't beat the location.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pfefmeister
NCHR, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in the city. We hope to welcome you back again soon; hopefully with better weather!

Until then,
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed at the Westin last October for our anniversary weekend. The king sized bed was comfortable and the duvet and linens were good quality. The room itself was small but adequate. The bathroom was well appointed and had no issues. We had a room overlooking the harbour so the view was great - watching the cruise ships come in and out, watching the sunset and sunrise etc. Room service was great - brought us an ice bucket and ice for our champagne and two flutes. Cleaning staff did a great job, front desk and valet staff also great. Breakfast in the hotel was delicious and filling. Also in the building is Sykea Salon & Spa. Great staff and services there too.

Only real issue was that the mini fridge is locked and wont chill a bottle of wine even if you get it opened. Aside from that, no real issues.

Would I stay here again? Technically yes. We live in Halifax, so we dont stay in hotels here often- just for a weekend getaway from the kiddos. Would I recommend this hotel to others? Wholeheartedly YES!

Room Tip: Higher up the better, on the back, for a nice view of the harbour.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Northville, Michigan, USA
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Got in 11 pm due to flight and left at 11 am to drive to Cape Breton. Staff pleasant, beds very nice, rooms reasonably well appointed. Options for breakfast. 24 hour Supermarket next door so we could stock up for our drive. Parked on street for free on weekends.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kevin K
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My father is a platinum member since he travels a lot on business, so we received the best service possible. My sister and I walked in, we're immediately greeted and escorted to the front. We were given valet parking, help with our bags, everything you would expect and more. The room is beautiful, and the bests the comfiest I've ever been in. The bathroom was super clean and very nice, and it was peaceful and quiet (there was the occasional noise but what can you expect from a hotel?)
We called for a wakeup call and they called at 6:45 on the dot. I then decided to use their gym which was amazing. It was mostly just cardio machines and weights, but the treadmills were phenomenal. You could chose to do a virtual tour in New Zealand, Brazil, Greece or any of a number of places. There were fun facts that popped up on the screen during the run. It was awesome! Then I went for a swim in the pool which was refreshing, if a little on the small side. After that I had a lovely shower (with fantastic water pressure) and used the famous Westin Robe which was just as comfy as I expected. I went down for breakfast and had the buffet which was delicious, and only 17 dollars. They had someone who could make any type of waffle, pancake, or omelet you wanted, as well as hot and cold buffet lines. Very worth the price Super friendly staff!! Although I was by myself I rarely went 5 minutes without someone coming over to chat with me, which I loved. They also gave me the option of charging my meal to my room which was very convenient. Right now I am writing this in my room while I relax on the comfy bed that was made for me when I returned and feeling refreshed and ready to start the day. This hotel is by far my favorite and I honestly don't think I could stay anywhere else because I would just be comparing it to here and it wouldn't measure up. Love it!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Breton D
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We had exactly the same experience as the previous reviewer - we were in a room on the second floor that was directly above the function room. We had to get up at 5am for an early flight back to Calgary so went to bed at 10:30 - however sleep was out of the question. The loud music did not stop until 12:30 am. Even the air conditioning that sounded like planes taking off and landing did nothing to block it out. As we were already in our pajamas etc we did not asked to be moved but according to the last reviewer, it would not have made a difference anyway.

The room was fairly clean except a used tissue was left on the bedroom floor - maybe it fell off the cleaners cart. However I was curious why there was just one bathrobe left in a room that was clearly booked for a couple.

On the up side, the staff were all very helpful and it was a nice surprise to have live music in the bar

I wonder if my mistake was booking with Hotwire ... do you get better rooms if you book direct??

Room Tip: As high up as you can and ask for a refurbished room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
NCHR, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback. It is good to hear that you were able to enjoy our live entertainment, and that our staff was friendly. We would like to take the time to sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. In the future, please do not hesitate to contact the front desk staff. We encourage you to get in touch with our Hotel Manager Raj Gupta, by contacting
raj.gupta@thewestinnovascotian.com.