“We saw her under wraps, need a piece of her plank for my display!”
Review of Bluenose II

Bluenose II
More attraction details
Owner description: Be part of the "wooden ships and iron men legacy" while touring a replica of the famed racing schooner.
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Visiting family in Nova Scotia, Canada in Jan. 2012. We were not expecting to travel to Lunenburg on the early morning that we set out for Peggy's Cove, but one thing led to another and there we were, in a historic maritime town where we learned that the Bluenose II was being re-fitted and would be re-launched in 2012. We parked in the designated parking area and went into an office/gift shop to get some information on the Bluenose II. We were invited to dawn construction style hard hats and enter the enclosure where the work was being done. I can't tell you how priviledged I felt to be invited in and to spend a day in the history of this famous schooner. I was impressed with the whole package, top notch set up and the whole tour was very professional! We learned that the work site had two web cams set up by Nova Scotia Webcams so when we returned to our vacation apartment and went to the webcam site to see if we were in the 24 hour webcam feed. Sure enough we saw ourselves in the recorded 24 hour playback and were able to stop the playback at the part when we entered and we captured "stills pics" of ourselves there on site with our hard hats on! I was so excited at the prospect of seeing the Bluenose II being completed on the promised date, and to see her sail into Halifax Harbor for the Tallships event 2012. But as fate would have it, the schooner was not even close to being completed for the proposed dead-line, much less the Tallships event in Halifax, Nova Scotia!! I really was very disappointed! I was planning on attending the Bluenose II 's relaunch and was checking on reservations after I heard that she was to be relaunched with only two weeks to make arrangements to be there. After careful thinking, I decided to wait till she is in total completion and I travelled to Saint Andrews by the Sea instead. While I was in the gift shop/info. center, I purchased a large model of The Bluenose for $150.oo to help with the funds for her refitting, and I just love the model, but I will not take the model out of it's original box until The Bluenose II is sailing again, then I will celebrate her glory and her return to the sea. (BTW, I forgot to get a piece of her wood/planking with my gift shop purchase, and I wish I would have gotten one as it would be splendid to encase my ships model with an original piece of her to honor her! If anyone knows how I can obtain a piece of the old vessels wood plank, please contact me, many thanks and God Bless The Bluenose II.)

Reviewed 11 October 2012

The Bluenose II is a beautiful ship for us sailor to visit. It had just been relaunched and was being fitted out. Hopefully the masts will be stepped in the next week. Work on the interior was still underway.

We inquired about chartering her for a family retreat. We have done that before with other ships.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

the schooner is to be launched Sept. 28 with lots of celebration... we were in Nunenburg to just walk the town and have lunch but were told that the Bluenose ll is here and being restored so we took a short walk to see the progress and visit the office of information on the schooner... this interest gave us the "bug" to sail ...so being a beautiful day we were off on a 2 hour trip sailing around lovely Nunenburg.... Life is Good!

1  Thank travelingtrudy
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We saw the Bluenose sitting in dry dock - Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. It will be up and renovated Spring 2013!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Bluenose 2 was being restored; currently no masts so not much to look at right now. Small museum and staff available to explain what work is underway.