“Comfortable & Convenient”
Review of Waverley Inn

Waverley Inn
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Waverley Inn. It is located close to many of the Halifax attractions and has ample parking. The rooms are cozy and clean, and the staff are very friendly. Free WIFI and complementary breakfast (very good). We will definitely stay here again when we return to Halifax.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike S
There are newer reviews for Waverley Inn

Reviewed 11 December 2013

The location was great. You could walk to many places. The free parking was a great benefit which you don't find in many places downtown. The Inn itself was beautiful with many antiques throughout. Have never stayed in any hotel that was as clean as this Inn. The bathroom was sparkling. The breakfast options were good and there were muffins and tea or coffee every morning and afternoon. Internet worked perfectly. There is no elevator but they carried my luggage up to the third-floor for me. My room was on the street side but I did not hear any of the traffic.

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor facing the street. I did not hear any noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed last week one night with my husband and was very pleased. Accomodations, service, cleanliness, comfort of beds , quietness of hotel and finally LOCATION!!!!! Cannot be beat!!! Very nice restaurants a stones throw away.....we would definitely recommend and off street parking thrown in!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I was looking for a romantic place to stay on a honeymoon for three nights in Halifax with a big bed and big tub. Since I spent a lot of money on the wedding I didn't have a whole lot for a honeymoon. The Waverley Inn was impressive as soon as we pulled up. With free parking there were no "hidden costs" at this downtown location. The room had everything we needed to relax and enjoy each other after a busy month of wedding planning and celebrating. The room was romantic with TV, internet and a large whirlpool tub. Walking distance to shopping, movie theatre, Tim Hortons and Liquor Store. New husbands fav was Snappy Tomato Pizza's donair eggs rolls just across the street. Breakfast in the morning was also included. I look forward to spending anniversaries here.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are clean and well kept. Its a beautiful old property and has lots of charm. The location is excellent allowing us to walk to all the attractions in the area which made for a great stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed for one night in a modest room with a shower. The price was right and there was more than enough space for one person. The room was clean, bright and comfortable with an updated bathroom. It was also very quiet with no guests in the hallway making noise one any street noise.
I thought this a great plus for a Saturday night on a busy street. I felt like I was staying in a home versus a hotel and lived the decor. The only downside was that the breakfast room in the baseman
could do with a renovation as it seemed a bit tired. The breakfast was good generally though the
fruit salad a little on the old side.
I would suggest getting a room at the back of the building which is what I had.
The Waverley Inn is a very comfortable place to stay with lovely decor and good service.
I would stay again,

Room Tip: You can get a good deal by calling the hotel directly and they offer a CAA discount or 25 percent...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This old style Inn is at a great location within walking distance to most downtown sites. The interior is beautifully decorated in period furniture. The room we had was cozy and comfortable and the breakfasts offered good selection. My wife and I prefer to sleep with an open window, but our room’s proximity to the street in front as well as the main floor air conditioning unit at the side of the building made for a restless first night. The next day we purchased ear plugs at the local pharmacy which made a huge difference. The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Consult with staff as to location of quieter rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple