“Stunning property, takes you back in time”
Review of Waverley Inn

Waverley Inn
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Sudbury, Canada
“Stunning property, takes you back in time”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The Waverley Inn was a lovely inn with great staff. A great bonus was that the room came with free parking, which is rare in Halifax. Check-in was easy and located to the left of the desk was a table with fresh baked goods, tea, and coffee. Our room was immaculately decorated and quaint. It was located on the top floor with a sky light. The inn itself was quiet, which was surprising for an inn that kept such character. The Waverley is within walking distance to all of the downtown - a definite plus. The morning breakfast was delicious. I will stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tgall040

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Michigan
Reviewed 19 January 2014

The location is right in the heart of Halifax, so it makes the city very walkable. The rooms are far more like a bed and breakfast, antiques aplenty, but sizable with everything you might expect of this class of hotel. The breakfast was good, parking is free, good Internet and the staff was inviting and helpful. I'll bump down a star for the bar across the street as we needed to put on the air conditioner for white-noise to drown out the crowd gathered outside on a warm summer night. If you're early to bed or sensitive to noise, ask for a room away from the street. But certainly a recommended hotel in Halifax.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Yarmouth, Canada
Reviewed 14 January 2014

The Inn came highly recommended to me by a co-worker. The price was right and came with free parking and we were right downtown and could walk to the waterfront. I traveled with a colleague and we both got rooms on the main floor at the end of the hallway.. The Inn has a nice historic charm, with century decor. Lots of antiques, beautiful staircase. Pictures of people on walls in hallways where it feels like you are being watched. Check in was fine and no problems with service.

I believe the room was a "standard room". The layout of the room I stayed in was bit awkward, in particular the bathroom where the bathtub had walls on the long sides of the tub and you had to enter from the end, felt somewhat claustrophobic. The bed was comfortable however I didn't sleep well as I had what I would describe as "paranormal experiences". My colleague in the next room was cold however, I the temperature in my room was fine nor did I experience any excessive noise in hallways etc.

Wireless was available for free. I was disappointed in the "deluxe" continental breakfast, there wasn't much selection. I'd stay again if I had too but it would not be my first choice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The interior decorating is lovely and the room was comfortable. Everyone I came across was really friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. Having the breakfast included helped to keep costs down as the accomm cost was quite pricey. I would have given a 5/5 if not for the fact I suspected a few haunting friends came out at night which kept me up.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Waverley Inn. It is located close to many of the Halifax attractions and has ample parking. The rooms are cozy and clean, and the staff are very friendly. Free WIFI and complementary breakfast (very good). We will definitely stay here again when we return to Halifax.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike S
Barbados
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The location was great. You could walk to many places. The free parking was a great benefit which you don't find in many places downtown. The Inn itself was beautiful with many antiques throughout. Have never stayed in any hotel that was as clean as this Inn. The bathroom was sparkling. The breakfast options were good and there were muffins and tea or coffee every morning and afternoon. Internet worked perfectly. There is no elevator but they carried my luggage up to the third-floor for me. My room was on the street side but I did not hear any of the traffic.

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor facing the street. I did not hear any noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Deborah B
Wolfville, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed last week one night with my husband and was very pleased. Accomodations, service, cleanliness, comfort of beds , quietness of hotel and finally LOCATION!!!!! Cannot be beat!!! Very nice restaurants a stones throw away.....we would definitely recommend and off street parking thrown in!!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple