“Stopped in for a Quick Brew”
Review of The Split Crow

The Split Crow
Ranked #7 of 17 Nightlife in Halifax
More attraction details
Owner description: Ahoy there: this lively maritime pub is noted for great brew, good cheer and entertainment for those on a budget.
Reviewed 22 June 2016

this is a great location to either sit outside and enjoy the summer rays and drink a few cold ones. The munchies/appetizers they serve here are excellent and great value. On the weekends it is harder to find a table due to the live music but wait staff are wonderful and the food is always hot.

1  Thank dgg123

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Looks to be a university type crowd but the bad was great so I had a good time! Will be dropping in again for sure!..........

Reviewed 1 June 2015 via mobile

Nothing fancy for food but edible bar munchies for sure. We thought the service was ok lots of room for improvement. It wasn't busy when we were there and they seemed bored. We made our own fun. There is so much history in Halifax and this place has its own story, too. Check it out:)

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I was hoping for something locally sourced and inventive from the split crow menu, but it wasn't quite there. I had a soup and sandwich special. Mushroom soup and grilled cheese. The soup was tasty and seemed home made but the sandwich was a big flop. It was a kraft cheese slice or some other highly processed cheese between two slices if plain old grocery store dempsters bread. I make better grilled cheese at home with no effort. Beer and service was good.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Had the opportunity to visit the Split Crow again after many years. It basically looked the same as I had remembered it from about 20 yrs ago which is a great pub atmosphere. It was early in the evening so not much of a crowd at that point. The waiter was a wonderful guy from Cape Breton who made my wife and I feel at home and welcome. We both had the same dish which was honey and lime haddock. I would definitely come back again when in Halifax