“The bouncers are so rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Dome Nightclub

The Dome Nightclub
Ranked #12 of 15 Nightlife in Halifax
Antigonish, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The bouncers are so rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

I agree with the previous posters that some of the bouncers are really rude..including one of the supervisors. I have been here a few times when I have come up to visit Halifax and one of them (supervisor apparently..) was ignorant to me and my group of friends on multiple occasions even when we had a serious conflict. They should hire polite security that make everyone feel safe and are helpful...or they should not have supervisors that clearly cannot do their jobs right. I am not saying that EVERYONE that works there is like this, but my friends and I have run into problems here with the not-so-good ones. No one I am friends with has been to this bar since my last encounter with that bouncer... and some others that were not helping when some of my female friends got groped by disgusting guys. We go to Argyle, Pacifico, and Toothy Moose now, where the bouncers are actually extremely nice and helpful. We have not run into any problems since we stopped going to the dome. If you must go here.. at least avoid the ignorant bouncers, especially the stuck-up one who is extremely biased and will kick anyone out if he doesn't like you.
In general, this place does live up to the name "dirty dome'... the floors are way too sticky and there are too many people and it is pretty gross. The washrooms are even worse. As one of the posters said above, if this is the kind of partying you want go for it- -- otherwise, avoid this place.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank sapphire8812

Halifax, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Trash”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

When I turned 19 I figured this was the place to go after hearing much about it from older friends who were of legal age and going to this bar, "The dirty D". The first few times I went I was excited about the loud, great music, the heavy crowds and having a great time dancing on the very large dancefloor that was far from ever being spacious, but I didn't mind.

The novelty wore off fast, as I began to see a patern within the types of people that were attracted to this particular location both witnessing, and falling victim to what absolutely disgusts me. Men are trying to take women home; practically begging in many cases and if you're looking to see sex on the dancefloor, this is the place to go!

Bouncers are extremely rude and ignorant.

The last time I visited this location was a little over 3 years ago where I was slipped the date rape drug. Now, that has been an ongoing issue within this venue, though I am told by a former employee that the management has been trained to spot it, and take action regarding these types of situations, so I wont knock the establishment for that, because it falls out of their control- Just be very aware that the type of folks that are typically at this location are not the kinds of people you want to be spending your weekend evenings with, partying.

Visited February 2012
5 Thank alex w
Reading, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“STAY AWAY FROM HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I am a visiter from uk i am 32 & been to many nightclubs across the world since 18, bouncers are abrupt to tourists i got thrown out with 3 bouncers pushing me out of front door with arms behind back & throwing drink into my face for questioning why i couldnt drink my beer from a bottle when upstairs in cheers you can, doesnt make sense when you can walk from cheers into the dome.

Visited September 2012
3 Thank mark_berkshire30
GraftonConnor, General Manager at The Dome Nightclub, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Dear Mark_berkshire30:

Thank you for your review of The Dome Nightclub.

We want all of our patrons to have an enjoyable safe experience at The Dome and we are sorry to hear that didn’t happen in your case. Our staff aims to treat all of our customers with respect. Our management team has begun an investigation regarding your incident. In order to conduct a proper investigation we ask that you contact security@graftonconnor.com to provide additional details.

We do appreciate your feedback.

The Dome Management
Montreal,Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“the bouncers are so rude!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

I will never go again here. Not accomodating to tourists at all. Bring your passport if you want to get in!

Visited January 2012
6 Thank camray22
Halifax, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Dirty d.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Left after ten minutes. So gross. Fear of catching something by breathing in the air. Haha maybe not that bad but it has the nickname the dirty d for a reason!

3 Thank MiloMiaReview