And by extension, I would say any major Halifax event.
My family has a family member currently performing in the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo. As we wanted to see the performance, a bunch of us (our local band performed, so a group of families went to Halifax) went down. One of the families booked us in at the Holiday Inn Express in Bedford. Well, our family typically uses the Holiday Inn Express anywhere as our preferred spot while travelling, I was a little unsure of how we would like using it as a base to run around Halifax. My initial concern was also raised by the location, in Bedford.
The hotel itself was a standard Holiday Inn Express building. It easily met all the high expectations my family has whenever we stay at one. The staff, though, put this one on my radar for a repeat stay. Even though they were training a new staff member, service remained impeccable. The people behind the counter proved to be excellent representatives of the company, and fantastic ambassadors for the Halifax Metro Area. People were approaching the desk with questions and one could not have had any better explanation, with directions, at any tourist booth.
Where my biggest surprise came was just how accessible Halifax/Dartmouth are from this location. There are two major arteries into Halifax and you are a stone's throw away from one that goes into Dartmouth. With the Tattoo taking place downtown Halifax at the Metro Centre, we were less than 15 minutes to get there. With the family members who performed staying in Dartmouth, we were 20 minutes to their accommodation. No bridges, no ferries, no hassle.
My only drawback to this location was that it was so close to Highway 102, that there was constant traffic noise on wet roads.
However, in the future, if I were to attend another major event in Halifax, this is one spot that is high on my list for consideration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We Welcome You to the Chateau Bedford HotelLooking for Halifax hotels near Bedford? Look no further than the Chateau Bedford, located at Exit 2, off Highway 102. Our hotel in Halifax is just a short drive from many attractions in the Halifax Regional Municipality. When you stay in Halifax, Nova Scotia hotels, stay at the Chateau Bedford. Just minutes from historic downtown Halifax, our hotel is near the Hemlock Ravine Park and historic Peggy's Cove. Are you a prospective student visiting colleges near our hotel? Halifax has many nearby colleges and universities, including Dalhousie University, St. Mary's University and Nova Scotia College of Art and Design University.Among hotels in Halifax, the Chateau Bedford is the best solution for your business needs. Our hotel is located near Bayers Lake Business Park, Atlantic Acres, Lakeside Industrial Park and Ragged Lake Business Park. Our business centre offers copy, fax and print services as well as free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. For the corporate traveler looking for event space, our hotel in Halifax, Nova Scotia features two meeting rooms.At our hotel in Halifax near Bedford, you can enjoy swimming in an indoor pool and burning calories at our fitness centre. With the high-speed Internet access available throughout our hotel, you can keep in touch with friends and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chateau Bedford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Halifax / Bedford Hotel Halifax
- Holiday Inn Halifax
- Halifax Holiday Inn
- Chateau Bedford Halifax, Nova Scotia