“Very nice room, very good service”
Review of Chateau Bedford

Chateau Bedford
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 29 September 2009

I stayed at the Holiday Inn at Bedford for 2 nights while touring Canada's atlantic provinces. I divided my nights in this trip between B&Bs and hotels. I searched for a hotel in Halifax that has guest laundry machines available (for my weekly laundry), and the holiday inn came up. The reviews on it on Trip Advisor were good and so I booked it.
I have asked for a room that does not face the highway (trans Canada 102), and got it. My room was very quiet.
The room was spacious and clean. So was the bathroom, and needless to say it had all the necessary amenities (soap, shampoo, etc').

I have first booked one night, and then added another night, which they did at the same rate. It was not cheap, but good hotels in cities rarely are.

If I get back to Halifax, I will consider favorably staying in it again.

The hotel's location is conveniently closed to the highway, but it is outside the city and it lacks restaurants near it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 June 2009

Well it was a good hotel! There was a resturaunt downstairs (i think) ! There was a good sized pool and there was a exersize room next to the pool. The rooms were a good sized rooms and i enjoyed the stay!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank mooette1
Reviewed 27 October 2008

My husband and I stayed this weekend gone by for a wedding. The hotel was recomended by my aunt who has been there before and I was not dissapointed! We were really pleased with this hotel for the rate, comparable to other hotel rates and location/look of hotel this hotel was great- there is shopping only a few minutes drive on the hwy. (really close), as well is only 6-10 km from Halifax itself, seems we were there in no time. There is complementary breakfast as well as parking- the breakfast consistent of your regular continental as well as egg and bacon- I was really impressed, the bacon was usually quick to go, but their replenish was a reasonable time. If I were to visit Halifax again I would no doubt choose this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Close access to everything, including Bayers Lake which has shopping and chain restruarants. Staff was ok and did not know very much about the area. The room was great and since I am a Priority Club member, was upgraded to a two room suite. The pool and whirlpool was great. There also places toe at right across the parking lot from hotel.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2008

A reasonably nice hotel. However, my advice is stay outside of Halifax and avoid the vistor TAX charged by all hotels in the area. This TAX added an additional 15 dollars per night in my case. This sort of thing just drives me crazy! I would not recommend saying within Halifax city limits for this reason!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank kvin
Reviewed 29 June 2007

We stayed at this motel from 6-12 to 6-15-07 and we were extremely pleased with ever aspect of the motel.

The reception desk staff was very friendly and extremely helpful in all respects. Quick and accurate check-in process.

The room was very good- nice size, clean up to date with a microwave and refirigerator. The bathroom was good sized and was also in perfect condition. They have the option to keep the same towels- leave them on the rack- or get new ones- leave them on the floor- which I like very much.

You can keep the same sheets as well. I think this is something more hotels should do- although at most places you can arrange for it to be done that way but the message doesn't always get delivered to the housekeeper for your room.

We didn't use the pool or the fitness center but they were also kept in very good condition. The pool area was indoors and was a good sized pool. We walked by one night on our way back to our room and it sounded like there were hundreds of kids in there- there were two buses outside in the parking lot as well.

I will agree that the motel is a bit removed from dining places- but you just have to go one exit up the road to find a number of them.

There is a Tim Horton's right next door. this is like a combination Dunkin' Donuts (if you are a Dunkin' Donuts coffee fan Tim Horton's is a good substitute for it in Canada) and a nice deli with soups and sandwiches. We saw other Tim horton's that actually were housed in the same building as a Wendy's (Tim Hortons used to be owned by the same corporation).

This is not the type of place to expect room service at. There are vending machines and lists of local restaurants that deliver, though.

the continetal breakfast was great as well. It includes two different hot entrees and meats- bacon or sausage. Hot Cereal- in a packrt- but still nice to have. cold cereal- several choices. toast, hot cinnamon buns, english muffins, muffins, fresh fruit and juice. The woman keeping things stocked in the Breakfast room also served as a great source of information about the Halifax area.

Bottom line- this is a very nice hotel in a good location that just about anybody should be happy with.

Dennis

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
6  Thank wheland
Reviewed 11 October 2006

While I agree with all the reviews that say this place is excellent, we arrived after a long day on the road. We didn't feel like going out for tea so would have liked room service, but they dont have a kitchen on the premises. So we had Pizza..........again. There is no decent restaurant close by, without going for a bit of a drive, and after leaving Maine this morning and 4 Hrs on the water and 4.5 Hrs on the road, the last thing we felt like doing was going for another drive. Other than this little problem the place is excellent. If you were staying in this area for a few days and intended to eat out every night there would be nothing to complain about.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple