“Comfortable, Clean Accomodations near Bayers Lake Shopping”
Review of Chateau Bedford

Chateau Bedford
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Stayed for 6 days visiting family and the halifax area. We have stayed here previously and found the staff to be welcoming and very helpful. Clean, comfortable and well located. Reasonably priced for the area. One of the better "hot breakfasts" provided by any of the major chains.
Lots of shopping nearby and coffee shop across the parking lot. The grandkids loved the swimming pool.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
aaamirault, Manager at Chateau Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2010

After a 6 day stay you must have been able to experience all our hotel had to offer and I'm glad that we made the grade! Tell those grandkids that our pool is also open to the public during the week! Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 29 July 2010

This hotel is nothing special, the interieur is a bit old but still OK and not dirty. The TV is still old with tube.
It is next to an Highway, so people with sleeping problems should look for something calmer. The included Breakfest is good. There is free WLAN as well as free newspaper.
The center of Halifax is not far (10min by car)

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo

We understand that most people today are looking for the new flatscreen televisions. We are currently in the works to have ours installed, so please be patient. As for noise from the highway we can generally move anyone who is a light sleeper to the other side of the hotel. Thanks for your review and your honesty.

Reviewed 15 July 2010

a new Holiday Inn Express near the Halifax Airport, Very friendly employees, clean and new rooms, Free breakfast but no restaurant, the Hilton next door has a restaurant you can use

If your wanting to visit downtown Halifax then its a bit far (unless you have a car) but for an airport hotel its great, would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
GSMHalifax, Manager at Chateau Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2010

Thank you for your review. I do want to clarify that we are not located at the airport and I believe you may be talking about our other property, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Halifax Airport. Thanks for staying at a Holiday Inn Express and we hope you continue to do so!

Reviewed 8 July 2010

This hotel is a great place to stay when visiting Halifax. You are only minutes away from downtown.
The hotel is clean and the room we stayed in was quiet and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast buffet was very good each morning and we stayed there for 4 nights. Coffee was available 24/7. The parking was onsite and free.
The real plus at this hotel is the quality of the staff. Everyone was polite, professional and very friendly.
I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
GSMHalifax, Front Office Manager at Chateau Bedford, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2010

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you return in the future!

Reviewed 29 September 2009

I stayed at the Holiday Inn at Bedford for 2 nights while touring Canada's atlantic provinces. I divided my nights in this trip between B&Bs and hotels. I searched for a hotel in Halifax that has guest laundry machines available (for my weekly laundry), and the holiday inn came up. The reviews on it on Trip Advisor were good and so I booked it.
I have asked for a room that does not face the highway (trans Canada 102), and got it. My room was very quiet.
The room was spacious and clean. So was the bathroom, and needless to say it had all the necessary amenities (soap, shampoo, etc').

I have first booked one night, and then added another night, which they did at the same rate. It was not cheap, but good hotels in cities rarely are.

If I get back to Halifax, I will consider favorably staying in it again.

The hotel's location is conveniently closed to the highway, but it is outside the city and it lacks restaurants near it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2009

Well it was a good hotel! There was a resturaunt downstairs (i think) ! There was a good sized pool and there was a exersize room next to the pool. The rooms were a good sized rooms and i enjoyed the stay!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank mooette1
Reviewed 27 October 2008

My husband and I stayed this weekend gone by for a wedding. The hotel was recomended by my aunt who has been there before and I was not dissapointed! We were really pleased with this hotel for the rate, comparable to other hotel rates and location/look of hotel this hotel was great- there is shopping only a few minutes drive on the hwy. (really close), as well is only 6-10 km from Halifax itself, seems we were there in no time. There is complementary breakfast as well as parking- the breakfast consistent of your regular continental as well as egg and bacon- I was really impressed, the bacon was usually quick to go, but their replenish was a reasonable time. If I were to visit Halifax again I would no doubt choose this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple