“Nice room, limited breakfast”

Cambridge Suites - Halifax
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Ottawa
“Nice room, limited breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

Room was very nice and comfortable. Some toiletries were available on demand only (free but you had to ask for it) and this was a little bit annoying - you have to plan in advance for everything that you need. Breakfast was a disappointment - more choice and more service would make a big difference. I heard also other guests commenting on the reduced choice.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
scotttravis, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
Hello Aime_voyager87 and thank you for reviewing our property. I am glad you enjoyed your accomodations and I apologize that breakfast affected your visit with us - breakfast can be challenging at times. We have varied the offerings and delivery style many times over the past three years in an effort to find the best mix. As you know, we currently offer three kinds of cereal, boiled eggs, toast/bagels, oatmeal, oranges & grapefruit, muffins, coffee/tea and juice in a buffet style set up for our guests to eat in or take back to their suite. We will keep trying new things and asking our guests how they like the changes in an effort to get breakfast right. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope we can welcome you back on your next visit to Halifax.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

I was very disappointed when I called the Cambridge Suites today to inquire about room availability for July 23. The lady on the line said the 2 double bed room rate is $$$, I then told her I would need 3 rooms, she asked why so many rooms and how many will be staying in each room. I told her my cousin was getting married and was coming to Halifax for a night out with a few friends, she immediately told me no double bed rooms were available, I then asked about another room option and she said no availability there as well. She paused and then said we will not be able to accommodate you at this time and hung up on me. I can ensure you all the women that would have stayed that night are mature professionals and would have caused no trouble or damage.

I felt this was very rude and she laid judgement. She lost the hotel business and I will never stay at Cambridge Suites again and will advise others not to either.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Strangtraveller
Hello Strangtraveller - As I mentioned friday I am truly sorry for the way your reservation call was handled. We didn't handle it properly and I feel very confident this was a training issue as opposed to one of our employees intentionally meaning to offend you. I will admit we are very leary of requests that indicate " a stag party" because noise can often be an issue and we want all of our guests to enjoy a comfortable stay with us. As promised, I will follow up with our reservations team and use this situation as an example "of how not to handle a call". I am very sorry we offended you and I hope you and your friends have a great time in Halifax this July.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

I stayed at the Cambridge with some of my family members and friends that were in the city for the weekend of the Bluenose Marathon. . It was a perfect location as it is on the same street as where the Bluenose starts and takes place and right down town close to restaurants and night life. The rooms were very up-to-date, modern, and very clean. The front desk staff and housekeepers were all very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Good morning EG17 and congratulations on running in the Bluenose Marathon . I am glad we could host you while you were in Halifax and since the Bluenose is an annual event I hope we can welcome you back next May too. Thanks again and I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us.
Bathurst, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

My whole family loved this hotel. I expecially loved the 2 private rooms. I could put the kids to bed and still enjoy my vacation while in another room. It was very very clean, and had everything we needed. The kids loved the excersise room and rooftop area. What a gorgeous view of the city. It was just a short walk to the waterfront and all the restaurants and night life.
I would highly reccommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
scotttravis, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, 2 June 2011
Hello hockey-mom1973. Thank you for speaking so positively about our property. I have mentioned in previous review responses we have three very distinct styles of suites and each of them have very unique features that seperate them from the other styles. I am glad you enjoyed your suite and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Halifax. Thanks again and ....Go Canucks!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2011

Stayed here for two nights at the end of a week travelling around Nova Scotia and Cape Breton. Good sized clean rooms.Great location for downtown, althuogh the hill's a bit steep after a large meal!! Our friends stayed for one night and we both enjoyed it apart from feeling a bit ripped off by getting charged for the water in the room. We both had opend the bottle before realising it wasn't free.. Our friend travels extensivley in the US and Europe on business and couldn't remeber the last time she was charged for water in the room. Not a major gripe just a niggle as overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
scotttravis, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, 18 May 2011
Hi BlueMoon08 and thank you for reviewing our property. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. When I read your bottle water comment I question why we sell bottle water in our suites because it is a known fact that Halifax has the best city drinking water in Halifax. We started selling bottled water in our suites approximately 1 1/2 years ago based on what our guests were telling us at the time but maybe it is time to change? Thank you again and I hope we can welcome you back in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

We took our grandchildren here for one night may 7th. We stayed here once before. This time we purchased the Family Fun package in which we thought was very good value.It included a large pizza ,parking ,breakfast & 20 percent off in the restaurant.We thought the pizza and breakfast was very good. we liked the fact the rooms have a kichenette in them . so convenient for families.The hotel is also pet friendly . The kids love the hot tub and being able to use the pool at the Prince George hotel.The hotel is in a good location to walk to the citadel or downtown.The kids can't wait to return again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
scotttravis, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, 13 May 2011
And we can't wait for you to bring the grandchildren back too! Sometimes we get overlooked as a family hotel but I think we are a perfect family hotel with the complimentary continental breakfast, patio deck and large suites - what more do you need? I am glad we were a good fit for what you were looking for. Thank you for posting a review.
Kingston, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

It's very nice to go to a hotel and never have to worry about anything - that's how I felt at the Cambridge Suites. Everything was taken care of, and there were no problems. The staff were friendly, the room was great, the view was great, really no complaints at all. It's also situated right at the top of the hill which offers a great view looking downtown.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank DealerDan
Hello DealerDan and thank you for staying with us. I am pleased to know we met all your needs during your visit and we hope to welcome you back very soon. We are coming into prime Halifax weather (we all hope) and our rooftop patio provides great views for all of our guests to use at any time during their stays.....PSST we even have a barbeque up there for our guests to use while enjoying the view of our terrific city. We hope to welcome you back very soon.