Cambridge Suites - Halifax
US$254
US$247
US$140
US$136
Coastal Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$135
US$252
US$213
  • Restaurant
US$371
US$362
  • Pool
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$136
Travelocity
2,885 results
All reviewsgreat locationrooftop patiocontinental breakfastboiled eggscitadel hillspring garden roadunderground parkingwithin walking distancegreat place to stayhot tubking suitecentral locationfront desk staffrooms are spaciousexcellent staywater frontliving room
Reviewed 14 June 2010

This is a lovely hotel! Two nights in Halifax well spent, central location, and very reasonably priced. The newly refurbished suites are modern and lovely. The view was a nice perk, and above all, the attention to detail by the front desk staff is worthy of note. Thank you for making our Halifax stay so pleasurable, we will be back, and we will tell our friends!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andiewest10
scotttravis, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2010

Thank you andiewest10 for staying with us. Our guest services team checks our current status and recent reviews on tripadvisor everyday and take a lot of pride in reading a review like yours. The morning shift on the front desk will be very pleased with what they read today. Thanks again.

Reviewed 14 June 2010

Went for business and stayed for a few extra nights for vacation. Although the tub was not updated, the rest of the suite had undergone renovations - the room layout worked really well - small kitchenette with dishes and a toaster ... went with my husband who is a very early raiser ... the bedroom section could be blocked off by 2 sets of doors allowing me to get some extra sleep while he worked on his computer and watched tv in the living room area. The suite had 2 tvs - one in the bedroom and one in the living/office room. The hotel was very clean and quite and I felt the staff really cared about your experience at both the hotel and in the general downtown Halifax area. Customer service was exceptional. Good continential breakfast too ... plus underground parking.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
scotttravis, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2010

Thank you jsulliv for your comments. Our in house team is working on the bathrooms and we hope to have them completely revitilized in the coming months - Sorry you were disappointed with that aspect of your stay. By the descriptions you give it sounds like you stayed in one of our one bedroom suites which is a very popular style of room. Thank you again and we hope to host you again soon for business, pleasure or both.

Reviewed 13 June 2010

I booked into Cambridge Suites Halifax for 5 nights pre coach tour and 2 post nights into a 1 bedroom suite. Having advised them of my allergies to fragrances I was placed on the 5th floor which is pet free to accommodate those with allergies. My first stay was in a king bed suite and I found this to be immaculate, spacious with 180 degree views of the harbour. The suite was exactly as pictured on their website, the bed most comfortable.
The reception staff were friendly and helpful along with the housekeeping who accommodated my request for kettle & extra tea as I am not a coffee drinker. The staff in Dorfsky's (restaurant attached to hotel) were also friendly and accommodating to requests.
Post stay was again on the 5th floor but in a suite with 2 double beds again most comfortable bed. This room was not as open as it had distinct rooms but the same views over the harbour (beautiful night city light views). Patron coin operated laundry facility with washing machine & dryers available. Other guests were having a party across the lobby which could be heard in the lobby but not in the room.
I was staying here at the start of my 2 month tour across Canada and have found the staff extremely friendly and helpful, to such an extent that I don't feel as though I am on holiday but at home.
Thoroughtly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
scotttravis, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2010

Thank you Plantmania for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we wish you all the best on your cross Canada tour. We have an amazing country that I am sure you will enjoy. Safe travels!

Reviewed 7 June 2010

My fiance and I travelled to Halifax and stayed at the Cambridge Suites for the Victoria Day long week-end and had an amazing time. The hotel staff are absolutely wonderful, from the front desk, waitress in the bar/restaurant (who recommended many places to visit and eat while in Halifax) to the wonderful girl who cleaned our room each morning. We absolutely loved the rooftop deck, where we and many other guests gathered to relax in the beautiful sunshine and view the entire city. The Cambridge Suites is so closely located to the waterfront, the casino and dozens and dozens of fabulous restaurants. We had an incredible view of the harbour which made the room that much more enjoyable. Thanks again and we plan to return again and again!!!!

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
scotttravis, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2010

Dear rjrsaw, Thank you for your kind words. I could not believe the weather we had all Victoria Day weekend - it was really awesome. NB is only a few hours away so we can host you every weekend! OK how about every month? Whenever you decide to come visit Halifax it would be our pleasure to host you again. Thank you.

Reviewed 6 June 2010

I recently had the opportunity to spend the night at the Cambridge Suites Halifax with my husband who had to be downtown Halifax very early the next morning for work. Those of you in IT know what I mean when I say early morning system cutover. I had been in one of their suites a few years ago (before the renovations) and remembered it as a slightly dated hotel. I was more than pleasantly surprised when we entered the lobby. It has been renovated to look fresh and modern.

We arrived late in the evening and our check-in was relatively quick. The front desk staff were very friendly and welcoming. We were checked-in to a one bedroom suite facing the harbour with a wonderful view. The suite like the lobby had been renovated beautifully. It was modern, clean and comfortable. It had everything you could want for as a traveler:

• a separate spacious bedroom;
• two flat screen TVs (one in the bedroom, the other in the living room);
• a utilitarian kitchen with fridge, stove, sink & dishwasher, and;
• a sunken living room with pull-out sofa.

The only minor issues I had with the room were that I wish the bathroom was slightly bigger, the tub should have been re-glazed in the renovation to complete the newness feel of the room and there should be more soft lighting around the vanity in the bedroom.

The complimentary breakfast in the restaurant attached to the hotel was good as well. There were lots of options to choose for breakfast. I did not care for the fruit salad (tasted a bit sour) or the porridge (too watery) served that morning, but the lemon poppy seed muffins were great and coffee was decent.

Overall, I wouldn’t think twice about booking this hotel again. I think it is ideal for the business traveler or family travel and a great value for your travel dollar especially if you want to be in the downtown of Halifax. I am looking forward to the next stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
scotttravis, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2010

Thank you for your feedback WhereToNext23. We are proud of our renovations. The size the bathroom seams to be increasingly more important to travellers and I am sorry we didn't completely meet your expectations. I will follow up with the restaurant regarding the continental breakfast issues you raised and I hope you try us again soon.