“Delightful Experience”

Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Kentville, Canada
“Delightful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

Well-situated in Halifax, a quiet hotel that is best value for money. Self-parking in same building a plus. Large rooms, well-appointed, and a lounge/restaurant in the hotel that is very good. Best front desk staff I have encountered in many a global journey. Friendly, courteous, prompt attention, and able to resolve major and minor issues with efficiency and patience. Great website.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
scotttravis, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, 26 October 2010
Thank you Nicetoad for taking the time to post a review. I am grateful our offerings matched what you were looking for and we were a good fit for each other. I will spread the word to our front desk team that they were mentioned in a great review on tripadvisor and that they should check it out. Thank you for the compliments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Kamloops BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

My wife and I found everything to be superb from the accommodations and amenities through to the friendly and helpful staff. We would gladly stay at the Cambridge Suites again if ever we're in Halifax and will recommend it to any of our acquaintances headed that way.

The location is very central to anyone who wants to explore the fascinating locales and history of the city.

We enjoyed the continental breakfasts offered each morning but were a little disappointed by the quality of food we received at dinner on the one occasion that we used the inn's dining room.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deanochs
scotttravis, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, 20 October 2010
Thank you Deanochs for posting a review. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us with the exception of a not-so-great experience in Dofsky's restaurant one evening. I promise I will pass your comments onto the restaurant so they know you weren't 100% satisfied. If you wanted to share more details of your restaurant experience I would be happy to follow up further. I am always available by email or telephone. Thanks again.
Sydney, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

I have been staying at the Cambridge Suites in Halifax on a monthly basis now since January 2007. There have been months when I have been back 2 and 3 times. I have always been welcomed by the friendly front desk staff and made to feel as if I were coming home. I travel by myself most of the time but safety has never been an issue for me. The rooms are always very clean and comfortable and the upgrades are nice when they are given. When travelling so much it is nice to know that there is nothing to worry about when you reach your destination, you end up building a strong relationship with the staff which helps you settle more comfortably each and every stay.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Char8824
scotttravis, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, 15 October 2010
Thank you Char8824 for taking the time to share and thank you for your loyalty. I hope you have been told about our new loyalty program that rewards guests for staying with us. If not I apologize and please visit our website to find out more. It is a great perk for someone like yourself that stays so frequently. Thanks again folr stayin' and sharin'.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

I booked a room on Expedia and this was the hotel I ended up with. We were very happy with the room. It had a new LCD televison and a very comfortable bed. We also liked the roof top gym and patio. It was an excellent stay and I return to the Cambridge Suites next time I was in town.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
scotttravis, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, 12 October 2010
Thank you XRing99 for taking the time to post a review. I am glad we met your needs and it would be our pleasure to welcome you back anytime!
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2010

The Cambridge Suites in Halifax was an excellent place that takes client service to the top level in accomodation! Although I will not claim it is the most luxurious in Halifax, it is clean, at an excellent location across from the Citadel, National Historic Site, with good food and service in the hotel restaurant and many more restaurants within a 15 minute walk.

This is an excellent value for money!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Thank you Den16 for making a great point - We aren't the most luxurious hotel in Halifax. I think sometimes that is the expectation for the #1 position on sites like this one. We truly pride ourselves on providing exceptional service, having great value and being very, very clean. I really appreciate you taking the time to post a review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2010

Very centrally located in Halifax. Great hotel. The restaurant food was okay but nothing fancy.

1 Thank kbectraveller
Hi kbebtraveller and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with tripadvisor. Eastern Canadian Hospitality rules! The whole world should know that by now? So when are you coming back?
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2010

My wife and I enjoyed our 1 bedroom suite. It was spacious enough and the bedroom could be opened up via bifold doors to increase space and allow better access. The king bed was quite comfy and the small kitchette area was quite useful. Quite a good deal for the price. Free internet and continental breakfast were also great extras. The happy hour pricing in the bar was quite reasonable and the in room pizza was very tasty! The hotel was fully booked when we were there but the elevators and staff service were still quite good. Overall it was a great hotel and I would recommend to anyone planning a few days in downtown Halifax. The only minor inconvenience was that the bathroom fan was very noisy. Also sound from the corridor could be easily heard (but not excessively inconvenient).

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
scotttravis, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, 7 October 2010
Hello Tessa-is-Black and thanks for posting a review. Those darn bathroom fans are being replaced very soon. I am sorry they affected your visit with us in any way. I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us and we hope that you would not hesitate in staying with us again. We appreciate yoy staying with us and posting a review - thanks!