“very old but clean”

Bluenose Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Halifax

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London
Reviewed 10 May 2013

My room was very old, no recent updates in the room or facility, pillows were the only good thing. old tv, bath was very old looking. not sure if i'd stay again with out updates. definitely not worth the rate.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Annapolis Royal
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I was going to write a stellar review-until I realized that I left my perscription drugs at the HJ. I phoned the front desk to see if they had found them. The front desk person told me that Housekeeping Staff had found them and that I could 'come by today to pick them up'. Huh? I was at the HJ because I was from outside the city. I asked if the HJ could send them to me via mail as I needed them right away. She said that they could but I would have to pay for the mail. Now, normally I don't object to this but I felt that HJ was telling me that they were not going out of their way to help me get my prescription drugs back; that it was my problem. As it was, I had a friend that went out of her way to pick up the drugs and mail them to me via Priority Mail. Up until that point, the Howard Johnson was very clean, stylish and Housekeeping DID go out of their way to help me. I DO recommend the Howard Johnson for a business trip but don't leave anything behind; you're on your own to get it back!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

HOJOBluenose, General Manager at Bluenose Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Thank you very much for your reveiw. Any comments made are valuable to improving service and housekeeping at the motel. We are happy you enjoyed your room and were pleased with housekeeping during your stay. I am surprised and concerned the front desk agent did not provide you with the service you requested with reference to your medications. Many guests do leave items behind by accident and yes, we do mail them out, it is not an issue or an inconvenience to do so. Please be assured that this will addressed and you or another guest in the futher will not experience the same. It is my hope that we get an chance to serve you in the months to come.

Respectfully
Travellers also viewed these Halifax hotels
Commons Inn
#23 of 28 in Halifax
Future Inns Halifax
Future Inns Halifax
#22 of 28 in Halifax

Been to Bluenose Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bluenose Inn & Suites

Property: Bluenose Inn & Suites
Address: 636 Bedford Hwy, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3M 2L8, Canada (Formerly Days Inn Halifax)
Region: Canada > Nova Scotia > Halifax Region > Halifax
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette
Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Bluenose Inn & Suites 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bluenose Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Bluenose Hotel Halifax