Bluenose Inn & Suites
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$189
  • Breakfast included
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$165
US$141
US$226
  • Pool
The Westin Nova Scotian(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$189
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$123
Agoda.com
US$222
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Room was dingy and old, and the smell chocked me. They had some kind of deodorizer smell in the room that was just awful. Hotel is built on the side of a hill with sorta weird parking, you drive up and up these tiered levels. The bathroom was old and had stained fixtures. Wifi worked for about an hour of our entire stay. The best surprise was the included breakfast at their restaurant. It was nicely presented and the coffee was amazing, and the service was great. Too bad the rooms were so bad.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank JohnAns99
HOJOBluenose, Manager at Bluenose Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that your stay with us was not satisfactory, but we are pleased that you enjoyed your experience at our restaurant. All of our staff pride themselves in delivering the best customer experience possible. We recognize that our building is older, and we continue to make modifications to improve its appearance for future guests.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Tired room with dirty (greasy rings - yuck - from last guest) bedside table. Weird reception. They wanted photo id before i got my room in spite of the fact that they had a reservation and my credit card information. By her manner, she acted as if she thought it was first time I had ever stayed in a motel. (Too tired to protest, just wanted to settle in.) Besides the dirty table, the area behind it had not been cleaned in a LONG time. My suggestion to anyone thinking of staying there - add a few $$$ and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DorothyGreenwood

Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the issue of cleanliness with the bedside table. Cleanliness and sanitation is paramount to our establishment, and I recognize that the standards we set were not met during your visit. This issue has been addressed with the Housekeeping Department. We are sorry to have inconvenienced you by asking to see your ID, it is hotel policy to verify that the guest arriving matches the credit card information on the reservation. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. All reviews and comments are important for improving the experience for future guests.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We were travelling all night and at five in the morning tried to find a Hotel near Mount Saint Vincent because we had a reunion at ten A.m. the next morning

Got in the room I felt the sheets had already been slept in so carefully prepared to sleep as is on top with just a cover. The toilet was dirty like they never used a brush to get out the dirt. The room had a fridge stove and I supposed other supplies to cook with .I wouldn't use them anyway if needed .This is just about the first Hotel that I can say worth complaining about. The breakfast was ok ,dining room neat and looked clean breakfast was served by a nice person but food was very limited. .Will make sure never to stop there again.

Room Tip: Cannot give any advice which side would be better
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nannamv
HOJOBluenose, Manager at Bluenose Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a reveiw. I am sorry that you are unhappy with your stay. This certainly is not the customer service we strive to give all our customers. I am only sorry that you did not speak with me the following day. I have sopke with housekeeping and addressed the issue of concern. Please accept my apology for any inconveniences you experienced.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Hotel was well located for travel throughout Nova Scotia. Free parking and breakfast was nice. Room comfortable and clean. Did have to call front desk to have housekeeping make up room as they missed a couple of days.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. All and any reveiw is a positive for the motel. All comments are brought to staffs attention so that customer service is kept at its best. Missing your room for daily housekeeping is not acceptable by our standard. Once again thank you, we are happy you liked the location and hope to see again in the near future.