“Great location” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Whitby, Canada
“Great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

I visited the Delta Barrington last August while on business. I had booked it for two weeks and was given a room very close to a bar which was rather incovenient. The room was also very humid but the bed was comfortable and the bathroom spacious. I was on the gold floor and the breakfast had multiple choices. I switched hotel due to the noise and found something way better for the same price.

Room Tip: If you go, pick a room on the Barrington street side.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Lucianozab
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
Hello from Delta Barrington,

I am very sorry to hear about your stay with us from back in August 2011. I am very concerned to hear you had checked out mid stay and found accommodation at another hotel. At times it is hard for us to control the noise from our neighbors being centrally located in historic properties of Halifax... we do have sound tested windows albeit the base of an outdoor band is difficult to eliminate 100%. We do have room options that are facing an inner courtyard with windows that open... to provide fresh air in with a controlled environment free of any noise.

I am sorry we were not able to keep your business by offering an alternative room location. My email is below.. I encourage you to contact me directly to assist with any future Halifax reservations... we would really like an other opportunity to have you back as our guest.

dmacdonald@deltahotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

Nice hotel with great reception. Gave toy to my 2 year old.

• Stayed January 2012
Greeting's from Delta Barrington,

Thanks very much for posting a review on tripadvisor from your recent stay. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We love seeing kids come through our front doors and always keep some little gifts available for those special guests.

Thanks for choosing us! We look forward in welcoming you and your family back soon.

Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Myself and my fiance decided we wanted to take a mini-vacation to Halifax to indulge in the Casino and enjoy a relaxing weekend. I am actually sitting in my room right now. I was so impressed with everything thus far that I had to review it right away.

We checked in last night around 7:30. To our surprise we had valet parking which was included in our package! The valet worker last night (wish I knew his name) was by far one of the nicest, most pleasant employees I have ever encountered at any hotel, anywhere.

When we went to check in, we had an issue with our debit card. Our bank had frozen funds as we had spent so much that day. We had no other form of payment and the bank was closed. The girl at the front desk was EXTREMELY accomodating and allowed us to use our room mates credit card (after he emailed her a photo of the card and permission to use it). She was also extremely nice, courteous and just a pleasure to deal with.

We only have one complaint thus far and that is about the food. We ordered room service for dinner last night and breakfast this morning. My fiance had Calamari and I had chicken fingers with a Caesar salad. The Calamari was slightly undercooked and not crispy like it should have been. The chicken fingers were overcooked and pretty bland. The salad was really good though. For breakfast he had an omelette which was really good but I ordered Eggs Benedict and I was quite disappointed. There was hardly any hollandaise sauce and it was flavorless. I had to add a good amount of salt to make it edible.

Also, we are smokers and would have liked to have the option for a smoking room, but sadly there are none. And our room is on the 3rd floor and a long walk from the elevator so it takes far too long to get outside which is frustrating.

Our number 1 complaint is about the TV. Whatever program they use for they television services is great for movies and keeping track of your charges, but if you want to just watch regular cable, it is a huge pain.

The rooms are very nice and very clean. The bed is extremely comfortable and it is pleasantly quiet.

We are extremely pleased with the overall stay so far, with the exception of the few things I mentioned above. The staff definitely make this place what it is. They are all really great!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Greeting's from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for such prompt feedback from your recent stay with us! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you are doing.

There are many reputable hotels in Halifax... thank you for choosing us. Its great to hear your time away with us is just what you wanted in terms of getting away and re-energizing yourselves. Its great to hear your comments on our service levels and our ability to accommodate your requests. I am sorry to hear not all aspects of your food and beverage experience where completely to your satisfaction. My email is below I encourage you to contact me directly to discuss in grater detail that will provide us an opportunity to further investigate the mentioned issues.

Thanks again for choosing us!

Halifax, NS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed in this hotel to celebrate New Year's Eve, and enjoyed our stay very much. We ate dinner at Traders Bar, located in the hotel, just off the main lobby area. The food was very delicious, and was a great treat!
Overall, a great experience here!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Happy New Year from Delta Barrington!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your New Years stay with us. We are thrilled you chose us to help you ring in 2012. Its great to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to helping you ring in many more New Year's to come.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

I've stayed at this hotel before and reviewed it on Tripadvisor before as well. I'm glad to say nothing has changed since my last review. Everyone was very friendly and professional, the hotel was clean, and the room was fantastic! I live in Halifax but decided to have a weekend escape and I stayed in the Prince Of Wales Suite which is the largest suite the hotel has. Everyone greeted me by my last name through-out the hotel, it was nice being acknowledged. Kylie from the Signature Club lounge and Front Desk was very helpful and knowledgeable. She said she's only been there three months but this Delta trains there staff very well and she made me feel right at home.
I did notice that the hot tub seems to be gone in this hotel... I could of sworn last time I stayed in 2008 there was a hot tub?.. Not sure why this was removed but it didn't effect my stay in a negative way.
Thanks again for a great stay and I hope to return for another relaxing weekend.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pilotboy1985
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, 3 January 2012
Hello Again!

Thanks for choosing us for your night on the town! Its great to hear you had the opportunity to enjoy our Prince of Wales Suite and also fantastic to hear your feedback on the service Kylie provided in the lounge... I will pass along your comments. We did have to remove our hot tub due to unforeseen and complicated engineering issues to do with the Barrington Place complex... we do not have an immediate resolution so chose to remove it and create a bit of a lounge area to the pool.

We really appreciate you taking the time to share feedback with us and also your continued loyalty. Please feel free to contact me directly should you need any assistance with any future reservations.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

I've lost count of the number of times I've stayed at the Delta Barrington over the past 10 years. Without a doubt, one of my favourite places to stay. I could comment on many aspects of my experiences at the Barrington, but I think the most telling is the fact that at least four of the front line staff - those interacting with the guests every day - have been there as long as I've been going there. I think that speaks volumes regarding the management, the environment and the type of experience guest can expect. In my opinion, it's a great stay in a great city.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greeting's from Delta Barrington!

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to do so. Its great to hear your comments regarding our colleagues and the service levels they provide... they are our true point of difference from other hotels. Thank you for your continued patronage over the years... we look forward to seeing you back soon in 2012.

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a day during our visit to halifax. It is located close to port and Casino. It was easy to walk to all the attractions in Halifax downtown from here. Our room opened to a huge terrace which was a nice place to relax. The bed was comfortable and the room very clean. Enjoyed the stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Greeting's from Delta Barrington! Thank you very much for sharing feedback on your recent visit. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and found our downtown location to be very convenient. Its great to hear your comments regarding our room and bed products.

Thanks for choosing us! We hope to see you back soon!