“Great location”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
“Great location”
Reviewed 12 August 2012 via mobile

Great service, the staff are all very friendly and helpful. The location is central to most major attractions in Halifax. I'm glad I wasn't planning on sleeping in as the hotel is renovating and construction started at 8am. Not a major thing but I'm curious as to why they would renovate in the middle of their busy season.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
CALGARY
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The hotel site did not mention the construction when were searched for hotels afew days ago. When we arrived they mentioned work in the entrance way-this one will see as they arrive- no problem. The concern was the pounding on pipes and hammering that began at 7 AM the next morning!! When we phoned down they just brushed us off, comment was I guess it is some construction. Throughout the day the workers have sat quietly at different times and one has to wonder why the " work" had to start at that hour. Usually hotels try to make guests feel welcome, this hotel does not seem to be striving for that image.

Room Tip: Not sure what to suggest, once I had booked using the internet I did phone directly and even at that...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing us on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear of this construction disturbance you experienced during your stay. We do have notice alerts posted on our home page and our reservation agents are up to date on the project. That being said it is difficult to update property copy on third party sites. Again I am very sorry for your experience... not what you would have expected nor what we wanted to provide.

I am hoping you maybe willing to contact me (email below) as I would like to attempt to bring a positive closure to your stay.

I look forward in hearing from you.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed here for a wedding that was in the area. Although the location was great, we were a little baffled when we walked in to no front desk, because everything is being updated. The noice was crazy, but not much you can do when they are trying to update. We didn't get discounts, but were offered a free breakfast, which in fact was very good. The rooms are outdated, but the beds were still comfortable and the room was fairly clean (needs new carpets)

Room Tip: try and get a room on the 3rd floor where they offer free Starbucks coffee and tea.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing us on your recent visit to Halifax. We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback with us. Its great to hear you enjoyed our location and our breakfast offering. Thank you for being very understanding of our current renovation project... we are very excited to be getting the face lift. Thanks again for choosing us. Feel free to call upon me anytime to assist with any future Halifax reservations.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Great small hotel, clean, friendly and in a great location. We walked to Historic Properties, the boardwalk and may other attractions. The staff were very helpful. Only disappointment was that in Halifax you had to be over 19 even to sit in a bar after 9pm.

Room Tip: Any room works. Few amenities but a nice place
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Greetings from Delta Barrington,

Thanks very much for including us in your recent travel plans. We are thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be very convenient.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

My wife and I stayed there for 2 nights. Had an awesome time! Staff was very friendly. They were very helpful in giving us directions. The room is great! Clean, well-maintained and we had a good view of the market.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jigsatics
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Greetings from Delta Barrington,

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback with us from your recent stay! We are thrilled to read you enjoyed our hotel and service levels. Our location backing onto historic properties is a real asset given the unique environment our guests are only steps from... we are pleased you enjoyed the historic view!

Donnie MaDonald
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed for 4 nights only. There was no front lobby because the hotel is under construction. You walk into a wall of curtains which leads to elevators. Considering the condition and the noise from the construction, the rate for this hotel should have been reduced. It was ok for a short visit but I have no intention of returning. Parking is a major issue at this hotel. We only needed parking from 8 am to 10 am and the rate at the hotel was $20/day. We would alarm the clock and feed the meter rather than pay such a high fee. It does have free internet but we did notice a poster in the elevator that indicated this was for a limited time. Overall, there is no attraction to this hotel with so many other options available within walking distance.

Room Tip: The bed was comfortable but we paid the extra to upgrade and get a king size bed.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent Halifax trip. You are right there are many reputable hotels in Halifax and we believe to be part of that group. Our current lobby and restaurant renovations while very exciting we do understand can be an inconvenience at times. We are working daily with the contractors to ensure we are providing the best possible environment for our guests.

I am hoping you may be willing to connect with me (email below) as we would like to regain your trust and make up for missing the mark on this stay.

Best,

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Overall, I didn't love it here.

When I got to my room, it smelled musty and my bathroom door had a hard time closing. The air conditioner was on full blast, so I was instantly freezing cold.There is construction going on right now in the lobby and since I was on the first floor, it was very noisy and distracting, especially when I needed to work in my room. The room itself is average.

Positives: the staff here is very nice and accommodating and the location is great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing us on your recent visit. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed our service levels and location. Our lobby and restaurant renovations are currently underway and we expect the project to be completed by late September. We are very excited for the upgrade to be happening.

Thanks again for choosing us. My email is below... I would love to personally assist with any future Halifax reservations.