Delta Hotels Barrington
US$195
US$236
US$229
  • Breakfast included
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)
US$271
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Coastal Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$135
US$252
US$213
  • Restaurant
US$371
US$362
  • Pool
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$136
Travelocity
Waverley Inn(Halifax)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewstempo restaurantvalet parkingsignature clubclub roomdowntown halifaxscotia squarebit datedevery staff memberper daywithin walking distancehot tubhistoric propertieslocation is greathotel is centrally locatedbeds were very comfortablethird floorbusiness trip
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I am from Halifax and every year we stay at a hotel for New Year's eve. We chose this hotel and found it to be not so great. The first thing I noticed was the awful smell of the fridge. The smell lingered for about an hour after I opened it. I couldn't put my drinks in there. Then there were stains on the bed covers. This hotel reminds me of the 80s and needs to be updated. The lobby was clearly updated, but the rooms were not. And breakfast was ridiculously expensive. You can get a great breakfast anywhere downtown for half the price. I can say that the location to everything is great. Not going outside to get to most bars and restaurants is great. The staff was fantastic. Would I recommend it with other great hotels in the area. No. Try the Marriott, 4 Point Sheraton, Harbourfront Marriott or even the Prince George.

Room Tip: Don't get one at this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your New Years outing. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed our service levels and location. I am sorry for the issues you experienced with your room. Not what you would have expected nor what we strive to deliver. I am very sorry we let you down. You are right there are many reputable hotels in our city and we do consider ourselves to be in that company. I am hoping you will reach out to me (email below) as we would like to make up for our short fall and attempt to regain your trust.

Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed here right after Christmas before heading home from our family vacation. The rooms were on the small side for a family of 4 and when we went to order room service we were told that room service was not available after 11 am. Found that to be very a very big inconvenience with 2 small children.
The bell staff and front desk were very welcoming and helped to there ability with a smile on there face.
The attached restaurant is nothing special and I would recommend trying some of the local eateries in the area before going here.
Would try the Marriott or another closer hotel to this one next time I am in Halifax.

• Stayed: December 2012

Greetings from Delta Barrington,

Happy New Year... we appreciate you choosing to stay with us over the holiday season. I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations due to our limited food and beverage offering over that period of time. As a parent myself I do understand the inconvenience that can be associated with meal periods when travelling with children. Again please accept my apologies for this. My email is below if you are willing we would like to make up for our shortfall on your stay.

I look forward in hearing from you.

Reviewed 3 January 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights on business in December. Location was great for meetings that I was attending. Room was old, or rather the furniture was. Reminded me of furniture that my friends would retire at a cottage. Service was great. Front desk staff and valet very polite and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012

Greeting's from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Halifax. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed our service levels and location. Please know we are currently in the planning stages of building a room renovation plan... very exciting news for our hotel.

Thanks again for staying and we look forward in welcoming you back soon!

Best,

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Our youngest son is a cancer patient at the IWK. The Ronald McDonald House where we normally stay during our sons treatment was closed from Christmas Eve to New Years Eve. The hospital has a partnership with the Delta Barrington to provide a complimentary room for patients families. Even though during this stay we weren't paying customers we were treated like royalty. If you're looking for gold plated faucets in your bathroom, then, this may not be the hotel for you. But if you're looking for a staff who genuinely likes what they do and treat you not like a customer or a guest but rather like a best friend, then give this hotel a try. From the lobby receptionist, to the cleaning staff, and the maintenance guy, we were treated like best friends. I love this hotel and if we ever need a hotel in Halifax, we will choose the Delta Barrington. And the pillow top mattresses....wow...I slept better than I have in a long time. Thank you Delta Barrington for the absolute best experience of any hotel we've ever stayed in. You are top notch.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank darenmitchell
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2013

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We are very happy we had an opportunity to help over the holiday season. I will share your feedback with our colleagues... we really appreciate you recognizing their efforts.

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Please email me if we can ever be of assistance in the future.

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Got a reasonable price for the room through Priceline. There was an odd smell in areas of the hotel, probably due to the attached food court (very handy, though). The covers at the foot of the bed were stained, and the bathroom was extremely small and dated.

• Stayed: November 2012

Happy New Year from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for staying with us this holiday season. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations and do hope you will re-consider in trying our hotel again in the future. My email is below I invite you to reach out to me directly to personally assist with your next Halifax reservation as we would really like another opportunity to gain your trust.

Donnie