“Good location, great value - terrific service!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington

Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Toronto
“Good location, great value - terrific service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have just stayed at the Delta Barrington, and while the facilities might be what you expect - fairly ordinary, standard amenities in the room, what has made the stay stand out for us is the level of service. Everyone we spoke to from Check in to Housekeeping went out of their way to make us feel welcome and to accommodate our needs. One example: we arrived back at the hotel mid afternoon in need of a cup of tea. We didn't seem to have proper facilities in the room, but within minutes of a phone call, I had not only a range of tea bags but a proper tea kettle in my room. It was the level of service that made you feel that you had stayed in a small family hotel and not a large chain. Room Service Breakfast on our last morning arrived on the dot of the time ordered. I have stayed in many many hotels at far higher room rates, but the Delta provided service levels that went above and beyond other well known expensive chains that pride themselves on Service. The water and chocs every night were a nice touch. The Tempo restaurant is a little souless to eat in at night, but the food was good. We would be happy to come back here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you so much for including us in your recent travel pans... there are many reputable hotels in Halifax and we are very grateful you chose to stay with us. I am thrilled to read your comments regarding our service levels from all aspects of our hotel... our employees are very engaged and care a great deal for their guests... thank you for recognizing their efforts.

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. My email is below should you need to connect with us in the future.

Best!

donnie.macdonald@deltahotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

At the end of our Eastern Canada trip we were upgraded to a King Size Bed and appetizers at 5pm with a continental breakfast. Lovely stay and easy front desk service. Our car was valet parked but there was no concern and it was brought around quickly when needed.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Greetings from Delta Barrington! Thanks for taking the time to share you feedback with us. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your Signature Club experience! We really appreciate you including us in your travel plans and hope to see yo back again.

Augusta, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

When we pulled up to the door did not expect the experience we had. Valet service was quick and organized; check-in staff friendly, and explained the hotel services very well. Room was clean,comfortable bed; had a refrigerator, and the best perk was Starbucks coffee served near elevators every morning. The gym had lots of machines and the pool was clean. Stayed for 3 nights and had a great sleep. Doors were a bit loud when closing and gaps at bottom let in hallway noise although I did not experience and disturbing noise. Perk every evening finding a bottle of water (free) an a chocolate or two. Internet worked well. I would not hesitate to go back and it has a very convenient location to lots of restaurants and shopping close by.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Greetings from Delta Barrington,

Thanks very much for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit. I am thrilled to read your review outlining the personal service you received during your stay. We pride ourselves on our service levels and I am very thankful to you for taking the time validate our efforts. There are many reputable hotels in Halifax and we feel very fortunate you chose us. That being said my email is below... please feel free to connect with me the next time you will be travelling to Halifax... I would love to personally assist with your reservation.

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We booked into the Delta Barrington for two nights and after one night decided to check out and find a decent hotel. The decor is very dated, wooden table had water stains, bed was soft and lumpy, generally worn out and tired. We had a suite, room 158. It was right on the corner of an intersection and the pedestrian handicap warning beeped all night below our window. This is not the hotels' fault of course. We could hardly wait to leave in the morning.
We were overcharged for what we thought was a higher end hotel. Would
not recommend this to anyone! A very bad first impression of Halifax.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy H
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Hello from Delta Barrington,

I am so sorry to to hear of your recent experience with us... and particularly disappointed we were not able to offer you an upgraded alternative to allow for an enjoyable remainder of your stay. We completely missed the mark on your stay... again I am so sorry. I do hope you may be willing to reach out to me as I want to make up for your unfortunate experience in any way I can.

Thank you for reaching out to us and I look forward in hearing from you.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

we stayed at this hotel for 13 nights. We were not totally happy with our first room but after a good rest, went to the front desk and mentioned to them that we could not stay in this first small room for 13 nights. Over night would have been fine. they were very accomodating, and we looked at a few other rooms before making our decision. First,,, we were not charged for 1 nights accomodation when we slept in the room for a few hours after a long day and flight. they said not to worry and had the room cleaned again . Our next room was clean.. spacious, and we paid an extra $15 per day which entitled both my husband and myself for 'SIGNATURE CLUB" ENTITIES. This included a breakfast every morning in the Signature Club room which was wonderful. You could make your own toast, there was juice, coffee, hot chocolate, teas, fresh fruit tray, cheese tray..cold meat tray, cold cereals, yogurt, cold hard boiled eggs and more. this you helped yourself to and could even take to uyour room if you wanted to. this also included in the same Signature Club Room..hors deurves every night...again..pickled fish, cold cuts, crackers, cheeses ...a hot dish on the weekend.. If you wanted to sit and enjoy those in the signature room they even had drinks and wine that were on the honour system. We used these facitlites quite often and were very very impressed.

Room Tip: corner suite on second floor . We could see the mall across the street from our window. Quiet room...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Greetings from Delta Barrington,

Thank you so much for including us in your extended travel plans. I am really happy to read you had an enjoyable time once we were able to offer you an alternative room given your extended stay. We pride ourselves on personal service are thrilled to hear your signature club experience was a great addition to your stay. There are many reputable hotels in Halifax and we are all very thankful you chose to stay with us.

Thanks again for choosing us and taking the time to share your feedback. Please feel free to call upon me to assist with your next Halifax reservation should your travel plans be taking you back.

Donnie MacDonald
Stratford, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have stayed here before numerous times on business and had stayed here recently on a family trip. I've always been pleased with this facility, until this last trip. We stayed at the Delta in mid-summer.The first room we were checked into was...well let's just say we discovered an atrocious breech of hygiene. Stomach turningly bad. Bodily fluids were involved.

We were moved to a new room. The new room was next to the elevator and the AC did not work. Not good in mid-summer. Luckily, we were only staying one night and spent very little time in the hotel room.

At check out, I mentioned the situation to a very sympathetic employee. He gave me a 25% discount. I thougt they could have done better under the circumstances, but am not one to argue and was happy to get at least something. Upon returning home, i filled out the Delta's online satisfaction survey. I heard from an employee shortly thereafter who ended up giving me the room night for free. I felt this was appropriate given the circumstances.

So...mixed feelings...the stay itself was not good and we were happy to leave when we did, but we felt the hotel resolved the situation satisfactorily.

One last comment - the rooms are quite tired looking, espcially when compared to the flashy new lobby and restaurant. I think they are planning on redoing them this fall.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
I would like to apologize that the serious issue you encountered was not immediately resolved to your satisfaction. I am glad to hear that we were able to rectify this but I assure you that we never want anyone leaving with mixed feeling about our hotel and we not only let you down but ourselves as well.

I would truly appreciate it if you would get in touch with myself or another member of our management team prior to your next trip to Halifax and that you will consider giving us a second chance. We promise we won't disappoint!

Thank you for providing such valuable feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

Megan
megan.macdonald@deltahotels.com
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The wonderful staff, convenient location, cleanliness and comfort would take us back there. Comparatively speaking, the price was reasonable and the extra $20 for valet parking was well worth it. The breakfast we had in their restaurant was not as good as it could have been. We suggest some sauteed local potatoes instead of the deep fried cubes.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed along your comments about the restaurant to our Chef Brad for considerations. Thank you for the feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Megan