“always excellent”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We are regulars at the Delta Barrington and are always treated like royalty. We are always upgraded and our rooms are clean and comfortable. The king size bed is a treat to sleep in. I really do not like the coldness of the lobby, realizing less is more, but not here. It doesn't have a warm feeling. Otherwise, our favorite place to stay in Halifax!!!!!

Room Tip: Signature Club rooms are delightful!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Greetings from Delta Barrington,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback with us. We really appreciate your loyalty and value your continued business. We are proud of our Signature Club product and offering and are very happy to hear your comments. I appreciate your feedback on our new lobby and will share your points with the team.

Thanks again for letting us know how we are doing and we are all looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed here for two nights on a work related trip and everything was very good. The rooms are average but clean, the bed comfortable and the staff friendly and knowledgeable. Every evening housekeeping leaves a bottle of water and 2 chocolates on the night table free of charge. We had breakfast in the hotel restaurant both mornings which was very good and the blueberry jam is simply amazing (strange but true). The hotel is connected to indoor walkways that will take you to a small shopping mall and Casino Nova Scotia.
Overall, I had a pleasant stay at the Detla Barrington and would likely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your time with us and happy to hear you particularly enjoyed the little extras! My email is below... please feel free to connect with me should your travel plans be taking you back to Halifax.

Thanks again for staying and we look forward in welcoming you back again!

Best,

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have fond memories of this hotel - my family used to stay here on shopping trips to the city before the holidays and we always enjoyed it. Sadly, things were different on a recent trip to Halifax to visit family.

We chose to self-park and luckily I remembered how to navigate the pedways as the signage from the parking lot to the hotel was non-existent once you crossed into the Barrington shops. Although there were not many staying at the hotel, we were given a very small room with a view of the rocks of the inner courtyard. The room itself was adequately equipped and was quiet at night; however, the morning was a different story. On the holiday Monday, the 11th, the deafening sound of drilling started at about 9:15 a.m. - too loud to watch television or carry on a conversation. The most unfortunate part was that we were not given any warning by front desk staff. Had we known, we may have been able to plan our day a bit better. We would have appreciated advance notice of the construction, particularly because it was a holiday and it was unexpected. We will likely stay somewhere else next time we're in Halifax.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Hello from Delta Barrington,

I would like to first start off by apologizing for your most recent experience with us. We really appreciate your business and loyalty and all feel very bad for letting you down. The renovations you mention are not ours they were from the attached complex with the addition of a Good Life Fitness and mall upgrades. I am happy to let you know this project is complete and we are very happy to have it behind us!

At the end of the day we let you down and wish we could turn back time to get it right. My email is below... I invite you to connect with me to further discuss your experience. I would like to make up for our shortfalls on your most recent stay.

I look forward in hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Arrived November 7th for a one night stay shopping in the city. Have stayed many times before at this hotel and particularly enjoyed the signature club rooms. I phoned in advance to see if they could accomodate me with such a room with two beds; they ensured me they did and they'd note on my reservation I would like to do the upgrade upon check in. Upon checking in there was no where to park my car in front of the hotel, it was literally in the middle of the street with the four way flashers on; not a comforting feeling. The front desk clerk informed me signature club rooms with two beds did not exist! She offered me a premier room with two Queens which I took. The beds were certainly not queens they were doubles. The room was large and spacious, which we enjoyed. We were in 215 and the room next to us partied all night long and were very rowdy, ensuring we got no sleep. So disappointed in this stay with a hotel I frequent and suggest to others as well. Will think twice before going back.

• Stayed: November 2013
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing us again on your most recent visit. I am very sorry we let you down on several fronts this time around.

I am sorry we confirmed double bed availability on our club floor... at this point we set our selves to fail when in fact all our our club rooms contain one king or queen bed. This coupled with the other area's you articulated in your review leaves all of us very disappointed in our performance. Please trust we really value your business and appreciate your loyalty. I invite you to connect with me (email below) as I would like to make up for our recent shortfall and regain your trust moving forward.

Thanks very much for reaching out to us and I look forward in hearing from you.

Donnie MacDonald

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

I stay in Halifax quite a bit with work and was booked into the Delta for the first time. We checked in early and an attempt to get me a early room seemed at best attempted... I came back later in afternoon to check in. My room 308 - was in the attic with a very small window. The room was damp and had a smell of rot in the air. Overall - will not stay here again on my travels

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for choosing to try our hotel on your business trip. I am very sorry to read we let you down on your recent travels and am disappointed with our efforts given this was your first experience with us. Please trust we will ensure your past room goes through a complete audit to ensure any deficiencies are fixed.

Again I am very sorry for the stay we provided... your experience is not what we strive to deliver nor what our guests have come to expect from us. My email is below I invite you to connect with me as we would really like an opportunity to make up for our shortfall's.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Service at this hotel was excellent. The staff were friendly & helpful. The lobby is cold & unwelcoming with no comfortable sitting area. The rooms themselves are small & there is no sitting area, just a desk against a wall. We could not visit with our friends so the front desk immediately arranged for a table & chairs to be brought into one of our rooms. I felt it was quite pricey for what you get but maybe this is downtown Halifax. we also had to pay for daily parking & wait to get our car. We didn't eat at the restaurant but found a Tim's & a couple excellent local places like the Bluenose II which had wonderful food & great prices.

Room Tip: we did ask to be moved from an inside room as the roof top was under Reno of some sort.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us on your recent Halifax visit. There are many reputable hotels in our city and we really value your business and having you as our guest. I am sorry we missed the mark on your room assignment given your need for some extra space. Parking is at a premium in our city we do ensure our service and price is consistent with others in our location. I am thrilled with your feedback on our staff and the service levels they provided while you were with us. I will be sure to share your feedback with them.

Thanks again for choosing us... may email is below... I would really like to personally assist with your next Halifax reservation should you be travelling back this way... I am very confident we can improve and regain your full trust.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

From the first inquiry about rates to the time we checked out I can't say enough about the level of service that the staff provided. Having worked in the hospitality services field for several years, I know indifference to guests is the one thing that makes my blood boil! This was NEVER an issue at the Delta. From the reservation person who called me after being waitlisted, to the doormen, desk clerks, Tempo staff and housekeeping we were made to feel most welcomed. I had actually made a reservation at a competitor because you were booked, but cancelled it when you called to say a room was available. Next time we are wanting to stay downtown we will certainly be staying with the Delta - the service is second to none! P.S. Can't wait to see the final result when renovations are complete!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Greetings from Delta Barrington,

Thanks very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing! I am thrilled to read your feedback and equally proud of our team for providing you such a great experience... your comments echo who we try to be each and every day. I am so happy we had a late cancellation that allowed for your stay... thank you for changing your plans to be our guest.

Thank you for staying and we all look forward in welcoming you back again soon. Also to note we are in the planning stages of a room renovation.... we are all very excited about this!