“Wonderful staff!”

Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Waterloo, Canada
“Wonderful staff!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel rooms remind me more of an aged Fairmont than a Delta, but that being said however, the staff at this hotel whether it is the front desk, restaurant, or housekeeping are fantastic. Great recommendations for shopping, restaurants and wonderful assistance when needed. A great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Virton, Belgium
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We wanted to take the opportunity of a long weekend to visit Halifax.
As usuel we read about places to go and finally chose this spot.
No regret. It´s certainly the best place to visit downtown Halifax and neighbourhood.
The car park facility is great Thanks to efficient valet service.
Breakfast is served in the restaurant in the hotel and you have possibility to choose amont différent proposals. Délicious to start your day! At 5 o'clock, little snacks and food were offered. À good way to finish your day if tired or another ideal way to get prepared for your evening in Halifax.
We really enjoyed our long spring weekend there. Only used once the sports facilities cause we were a bit tired of our so many outings in and around the city. Nice and friendly staff!
We will certainly go back there for a Fall weekend!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The one constant about Delta hotels is the level of inconsistency in their hotels.

Presently staying in hotel. Checked in yesterday - staff very pleasant and was impressed with the updated lobby. The disappointment started when we reach the Signature Club floor. The corridors, guest rooms and lounge are very dated and run down. Many scrapes, cracks, chips abound. The décor is VERY dated - not nearly what I would expect from a signature club floor. My guestroom is small, dirty, does not have enough electrical outlets (no data desk), the furniture is old and worn, the bathroom door is cracked, the shower curtain bar is hanging...an overall substandard room. I called the front desk to express my disappointment with my room (staying for a week), I was told there was nothing they could do since they were sold out. I did manage to get a power bar sent up, however it was so disgustingly covered in (something gooey) I had to clean it first. As a Delta Platinum level customer who is paying a premium price, I am very disappointed with the phone-in effort by Delta at this hotel.

I guess tripadvisor.ca is my only recourse.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark H
Toronto, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,306 helpful votes
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I recently stayed three nights in Halifax at the Delta Barrington. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. We had an interior room so no view but very little noise. The gym is in good shape and pretty well stocked (there is a jagged crack in one of the atrium window panes that needs attention). The Tempo restaurant is a good choice for breakfast but it got very busy one morning and the staff were having trouble keeping up - they maintained their sense of humour though. The front desk staff were helpful. The first floor rooms appear to be in need of a re-fresh though. All in all this is a very good choice for a stay. It is close to the Maritime Museum (with artifacts from the Halifax Explosion and the Titanic). Across the street from the hotel you'll see a clock tower whose face is stuck at 9:05 the time of the Halifax Explosion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JamesII
Tan-Nee N, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Greetings from the Barrington,

Let me start by saying... thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and secondly we all really appreciate you taking the time to articulate your experience on Tripadvisor. Thank you for bringing the atrium window to our attention... trust we will action this ASAP.

Its great to hear your positive feedback on the service levels we were abel to provide... we pride ourselves on service and appreciate your comments. We are in the planning stages of a room upgrade project... we are very excited to see the final plan executed!

Thanks again for staying and we all look forward in welcoming you back again soon.

Regards,

donnie.macdonald@deltahotels.com

PS: there is lots of history in Halifax... the clock you mention is part of City Hall and yes the clock stopped during the Halifax explosion and as a sign of remembrance it was never re-started.
Edmundston, New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

the location is perfect. This hotel is in beautiful downtown halifax. Everything was good and clean and the beds were very comfy but we found the noise from the hallway and other rooms loud and the heater/blower frequently turned on and off so the sleeping was not so great. i would return but i would ask for a quieter room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Paula L
Hello from Delta Barrington,

Thanks very much for including us in your recent travel plans. There are many reputable hotels in Halifax and we are honoured you chose us. We reside in a fantastic city and your right our location is second to none. I am sorry to read your stay was interrupted by neighbouring noise and the HVAC unit. My email is below... I invite you to connect with me personally to assist with your next Halifax reservation.

Thanks again for staying and we all look forward in having you back again soon.

Best,

donnie.macdonald@deltahtels.com
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I love this hotel and the upgrades they have made to the lobby/restaurant are fabulous.
The location is great - easy access to both the waterfront and spring garden road.
The staff are fun, positive and so helpful - always ready with a smile!
The beds are great but you may have to learn to ignore noisy air conditioners as they plan to upgrade the system soon (I hope!)
Complimentary Starbucks coffee in the morning is a nice treat too!

Room Tip: It doesn't really matter in this hotel - although the club floor is a nice treat with compliment...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings from Delta Barrington!

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review on our hotel. Its great to read your feedback and we are all thrilled to hear how much you enjoy your stays with us. Please trust we are in the planning phases for upgrading our rooms and yes HVAC will be included. Thanks for commenting on our new lobby along with TEMPO Food + Drink... we love the new digs and are glad you do too!

Thanks for your loyalty and we all look forward to inviting you back again soon.

Very Best,

donnie.macdonald@deltahotels.com
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Our must recent stay was for three nights. I was traveling with my wife and 3 year old daughter. Upon arrival we had a bell-hop quickly unload our car during midweek rush hour traffic. I also used the excellent valet service during my stay. The staff recognized me as a Delta Privilege member and had my luggage on a cart and up to my room in minutes. Our three year old was ecstatic with her welcome gift.

We stayed on the signature club floor and had an excellent continental breakfast each morning that included very good espresso. At night we enjoyed hearty appetizers which included mussels and fine cheeses. We also indulged with room service and ate one of our meals at Tempo, the hip but reasonably priced hotel restaurant. All were excellent.

Overall the stay was excellent. This is the fourth time we have stayed at this hotel in the past two years and it keeps getting better. Assistant guest services manager Marcy Davis made sure that we were comfortable; allowing this stay to be a vast improvement from a previous visit. The front desk was fast, friendly and effective. I was even able to borrow a cell phone charger when I forgot mine at home.

This particular stay was very busy as the entire hotel was sold out for a large minor hockey tournament and a Black Sabbath concert. At no time did we hear noise from other rooms/hallways and hotel staff kept a fun and friendly atmosphere. Our next stay in Halifax will be at Delta Barrington.

Room Tip: Signature Floor
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family