“A Trusted hotel”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The Delta name has always been trusted. Naturally, I chose the Delta Barrington for my short visit to Halifax. The doormen in kilt were a nice touch for Nova Scotia. The staff were friendly and my meals were all delicious. My room was clean and the hotel well situated. Halifax is an easily walkable city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Delta Barrington for mine and a friends joint birthday party. I mentioned upon check in we were there for our birthdays and would be going out for dinner/drinks. The staff member checked us in quickly, honored my CAA discount with no trouble and gave us basic hotel directions. We were placed at the end of a hall very close to the pool and fitness center (which were very clean and well kept). We appreciated that being a group of girls we were tucked out of the way and therefore did not receive any noise complaints or reprimands from the staff (because we can get a bit noisy when having fun!). They were nothing but cheerful and helpful. We were actually surprised by a knock on the door a bit after check in. The staff had sent us up complementary cupcakes and a birthday card decorated and signed by all the staff members. It was really sweet. Thanks for making our birthday pure fun with no hassles!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Was here for two nights on business. The hotel is across the street from a mall, close to the waterfront, historic properties, and an easy walk downtown. You can walk to The Citadel from here, it is a short walk but entirely uphill. The hotel itself has a nice looking bar and restaurant area, and cafe. The staff were fast and friendly. They were able to help me with some toiletries I forgot to bring which was much appreciated. The rooms are good although they seemed dark. There are however lots of good bright lamps. The beds were comfy, good duvets and pillows, good tv, and standard washroom. I had a chair and couch in my room which was good. It was a good sized room. I have stayed here before and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Melissa J, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Greeting's from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay with us! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you are doing.

There are many reputable hotels in Halifax... thank you for choosing us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Very Best,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed at this fine hotel for business, but would return with the family. The staff is very warm and engaging, particularly the kilted front men. The room I stayed in had a really nice view, and the Tempo restaurant nearby is a major plus

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Melissa J, Front Office Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Barrington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Greeting's from Delta Barrington,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your stay at Delta Barrington!

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Delta Barrington on another business trip through Halifax and once again I was impressed with the staff and their attention to making everyone feel welcome; like home. I was especially impressed with Annie Jolliffe, Delta guest service agent. I stay in many hotels and I have yet to meet an individual employee who has so much pride in her job and takes so much care to get to know the guests and what they like. She got to know my dietary restrictions and she went above and beyond her duties to ensure that the hotel restaurant, TEMPO had the right offer for me on their menu (by the way,try the lentil burger). This kind of platinum service is rare and it is what will keep me going back and referring.
Thank you Annie.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Greetings from Delta Barrington!

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback with us from your recent stay. I am thrilled to read your post and will share your kind words with Annie. We all so happy to hear that the Delta Barrington is like a home away from home.

Thanks again for staying and we look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Very Best,

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Stayed at the Delta Barrington while attending a conference at the Convention Centre. The location was convenient both for the conference and as a jumping off point for exploring downtown Halifax. There are tons of coffee shops, restaurants, pubs, and shops within a couple of minutes walk. It was a 5 minute walk to the harbourfront, Citadel, and other tourist-y places. The staff and service was good as well - we were always able to ask Front Desk for recommendations and directions to places nearby. The hotel itself was okay - the lobby was nice and I liked that there was lemon water available there. The room itself looked a little dated, especially given the price, but served it's purpose.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Arrived around lunchtime by car. We had been warned that parking was difficult but snared a short term spot in their small area out front. The bellman was right there and helped us get the luggage out and valeted the car for us. A great start.

The reception staff were excellent and our room was ready. The room was a good size and nicely furnished. The free wifi good.

We were in the Signature Club area with access to a lounge. The lounge was small and choice of nibbles and drinks limited. The lounge was really too small for the number of users - both in the early evening and for breakfast.

Overall a really nice hotel with great staff. Pity about the Signature lounge - just plain inadequate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends