“Never again”

Fountain View Guest House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Halifax
Fountain View Guest House
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 29 December 2012

I would not recommend this place to no one,, the hostess was not at all friendly , she had attitude . I had intended on staying there 2 times so I paid with credit card the first time , then on phone with credit card second time ,, when my son got there he was asked to pay again cause she said she dident accept credit cards ? Then on what was suppose to b the second time he stayed the he couldn't make it cause of boat delays so I called to let her know and see bout getting refund since we would not b there and she was pretty ignorant bout saying whether u stay there or not u dident get your money back ,,, which I think us absolutely disgraceful,, providing this is a place of business,,,, personally I think in order to b in thus line of business u have to have customer service skills,, b kind and curtious which U MY DEAR have none ,,,, I would absolutely not recommend this place and would pay more money any day to get customer service which I did not get here

• Stayed: December 2012
4  Thank Southbranchgirl

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I have stayed in Halifax to visit couple of universities to apply to their Master programs. This place is the cheapest and compared to what it has to offer it is good. Room that I stayed #2 was spacious, had two single beds-one soft one firmer, wireless internet, toaster, refrigerator, kettle, tv and a small sink. All is old but perfectly working. The lady who owns and operates the place is very nice and helpful. I couldn't connect to the wireless internet the night I arrived, I mentioned this to her in the morning and left to see the city. When I came back it was all okay and working.

If I come to Halifax again this is the place to stay. Just do not expect anything fancy, expect everything to work properly. Sleep in a quiet room, in a comfy bed and wake up to a breakfast that you can prepare yourself-which saves you a ton of money.

Pinar, November'12, travelling solo

Room Tip: I had #2 it oversees the busy road but no disturbance even I am a light-sleeper
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Pinar U
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Great price. 55 dollars for a room with two single comfortable clean beds. Rooms very clean Shared bathroom- floors were dirty.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Parisfrances
Reviewed 13 January 2012

...but just fine if you are traveling light and spend little. Rooms were clean but small and very dated. The shower was showing signs of wear. I agree with the comment about taking your own toilet paper, that was helpful.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank bethsheff
Reviewed 3 November 2011

My husband and I stayed 2 separate nights here and were very happy we did. It was $50+tx for our first room, and $55+tx for our second room with a sink and fridge. It was cheaper and much nicer than staying in a hostel!
The rooms were clean, comfortable, and a good size. It was old fashioned but for this price, I'm more than happy to overlook the floral-print linen and teddy bears on the bed!
It is not a fancy or romantic hotel room, but it was comfortable, clean, and a bargain price which suited us perfectly.

• Stayed: October 2011
6  Thank IntrepidTraveller98
Reviewed 3 September 2011

While I agree with the other commentor on bringing your own toilet paper, and I reccomend asking for the room with the sink and fridge upstairs, it is a great comfy place for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with sink and fridge, bring your own toilet paper.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank rose11177
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The hotel is clean and centrally located. Like the owner says, we are a budget hotel. You pay extra for breakfast, coffee/tea, have to go to Macs for internet and bring your pown toilet paper.

Room Tip: make usre you know what you wantto pay for
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends