“Surprised by the food”

Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Toronto, Canada
“Surprised by the food”
Reviewed 8 September 2011

This hotel is centrally located, so it was very easy to get to everything. My room and the hotel was clean throughout. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Valet parking was quick and just a little more expensive than regular parking. The big surprise was the food in the newly renovated restaurant. Our group of six ordered a number of different dishes from the menu, and found the food and service better than some of the previously acclaimed restaurants in downtown Halifax. While I didn't use the pool or fitness facilities, I did peak in and they looked in good condition. Overall, a great location for a business trip.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Greeting's from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for posting feedback on tripadvisor. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed you stay and particularly enjoyed our service levels and food and beverage offering. Our new Harbour City Bar and Grill is Halifax's best kept secret... we really appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience.

Thanks for choosing us... we look forward in welcoming you back soon!

-----------

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Ventnor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2011

room was good size nice view from room service was very good at check in easy walking to all down town amenties

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for sharing feedback with us from your recent stay. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be very convenient.

Thanks for choosing us... we hope to have you back as our guest the next time your travels take you to Halifax.

Donnie MacDonald
----------
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My wife, youngest son and I spent the last 2 weeks of August at this hotel on vacation.
This was our third trip to Canada, having previously stayed in hotels in Quebec, Toronto, Calgary, Banf, Jasper and Vancouver and found the staff here to be the most helpful and courteous.
Special mention must go to Melissa on reception who checked us in and allocated us a lovely room with a harbour view on the first floor to Ian and his staff in the restaurant who took great interest each breakfast time in our daily activities.
The hotel is ideally placed for visiting downtown Halifax and a 5 minute walk through the shopping mall onto the harbour boardwalk.
If weI could suggest one area for improvement, that would be in providing some additional seating in the reception area, however whilst we were there the hotel was full with a significat number og athletes who were competing in the World Junior Beach Volley Ball Championships

Greeting's from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for sharing feedback with us from your recent stay. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and particularly enjoyed our service levels, location and water view from your room. I will personally share your feedback with Ian and Melissa.

Thanks for choosing us! We hope to be included in your travel plans again!

Donnie MacDonald
Toronto
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My family and I stayed at the Delta Halifax last week and had a great experience with friendly, helpful staff, clean crisp rooms and an unbeatable downtown Halifax location.

After booking at the Delta Halifax, a follow-up request for adjoining rooms and a change to numbers of beds per rooms was graciously accommodated. Our first impression of the Hotel was very positive as we walked in to a modern and stylish lobby area. The adjacent restaurant was also contemporary and inviting.

We were efficiently checked in by attentive front desk staff and we were very happy with our rooms which were finished nicely from the carpets to the window coverings to the bedding. Not every piece of furniture was brand new, but the rooms and bathrooms were spotless and as a frequent business traveller I can attest that I would be happy If I could stay in this room for all of my travels.

The Delta was walking distance for us to many of the restaurants and sites we wanted to see on our holiday. Overall we would recommend this Downtown Halifax to anyone traveling for business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Greeting's from Delta Halifax!

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback with us from your recent stay. Its great to hear you enjoyed our hotel and city during your vacation. We are not the newest hotel in Halifax however we do hang our hat on having a clean hotel in great working order while providing the highest service levels possible.

Thanks for choosing us... we hope to be part of your travel plans the next time you are visiting Halifax. Feel free to contact me directly to personally assist with any reservation needs.

--------
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Since the lobby and restaurant is brand new, the first impression as you enter is impressive, reception was excellent and quick. As we went up to our floor and into our room, there was a big let down, very dated and room was small, there were 3 of us and only one desk chair. Most other hotels have at least one other easy chair, also TV was an old tube style, not flat panel. Although room was clean, the decor and furnishings were comparable to a middle of the road motel. Not what I expected for the price we paid but I suppose part of the cost is due to the location which is excellent, in walking distance to the waterfront and downtown attractions. Also be aware as others have noted, local calls and internet hookup is extra.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Greeting's from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for sharing feedback with us via tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear we let you down in regards to your accommodation.

We do have a few of our 300 rooms with old style TV's... this will be addressed prior to the end of the year. We are also working on an upgraded internet solution for our rooms. Until that is in effect an insider tip would be to join our loyalty program which is free to do and the immediate benefits are complimentary internet and local calls. I am very pleased to her you did enjoy our new lobby and found our location to be very convenient.

Thanks again for choosing us... I invite you to contact me directly to personally assist with your reservations the next time you are traveling to Halifax.

Saint Peter, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My husband had a conference in Halifax and surprised me with a ticket to join him to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Understanding that this was the chosen hotel for the large conference, we knew that it would be full. When my husband booked, he booked a room with a King bed. Upon check in, there were only doubles available, so that's what we ended up with. I asked for a good view, if possible, and we ended up with view of some of the mechanical equipment on the roof...surely one of the poorest views in the place! When we got to the room, it was hot (not in a good way!) and obvious that the AC wasn't working. A quick visit by a staffer and it was fixed and cooling in a hurry. They also called later and sent up wine and cheese and a nice note wishing us a happy anniversary.

The hotel was in a great location, I could (and did!) walk everywhere. The staff was always helpful. The room was quite dated, but the bed(s) were clean and comfortable. If you have hair that you would like dried properly, bring your own hair dryer...the one in the room was ancient and fried as it dried! We decided to head to the hot tub one evening, but found it to be very dated with just a few jets. The whole area felt unclean, including the water. We didn't enjoy as we had hoped.

We are Delta Privilege members, so we did have our internet for free...wireless would have been SO much more convenient, though! I understand that is in the plan for the near future.

Lobby was really nice, and again, staff was always pleasant! Would I stay there again? Perhaps if the rooms were refurbished and I didn't have to look at the view I had this time...but only then. I don't think it was a great value, as we paid a very fair rate for the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 17 August 2011
Greeting's from Delta Halifax,

Thanks for taking the time to share feedback with us regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear we were not able to confirm a king bed or better view upon arrival... I understand your disappointment regarding this, given you were also celebrating an anniversary over your stay.... I do hope you did enjoy the treats and card from our front office staff. I am pleased to hear you did enjoy our location and found our beds to be very comfortable.

I will be speaking with our housekeeping team regarding your comments on our pool and fitness area... we understand it is not new but clean and crisp should be the feeling when in that room. We will also need to repair and or replace the hairdryer in your room.

Please know we are working on a WIFI solution for the entire building. Its great to hear your comments on our new lobby area and the impression our staff were able to leave you with from the service levels you received.

Thanks again for your feedback. I am hoping you might be able to contact me at dmacdonald@deltahotels to further discuss your stay and our action plans to fix the deficiencies mentioned.

Woodstock, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This hotel is next to a mall and overlooks the highway. Our rook was clean and the bed was comfortable. There are signs of wear and tear wallpaper not as fresh as it yused to be etc. I was very surprised to find that there was no wifi service in the room. They did prove
De an ehternet cable which was useless to me with my iPad. In addition I was able to visit the business center where I could access one of their three computers. As a tourist this wasn't a big deal but if I were traveling for business it would have been a deal breaker. We visited the pool area after 9 pm to take advantage of adult swim time and were greeted by three splashing teenage boys. The hot tub was pretty gross and we decided to pass on that.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank viajerafeliz
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
Greeting's from Delta Halifax,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay on tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback.

We have scheduled to complete a full wifi solution in our rooms prior to the end of this year... we realize this is a necessary upgrade. I am sorry to hear there were children still in our pool area after 9pm... this should definitely not have been the case... I am sorry we let you down. I am concerned about your comment regarding our hot tub... I am hoping you may be willing to provide more detail.

Thank you for choosing Delta Halifax and thanks again for sharing feedback with us!