“Excellent location for a conference.”

Delta Hotels Halifax
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Miramichi, Canada
“Excellent location for a conference.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

I organized a two-day conference at the Delta Halifax which was held last week and cannot say enough about the Sales staff and the meeting facilities. Our conference of approximately 60 people was held in the Bluenose Room. The view of the Halifax Harbour from this room is stunning! Catriona Fitzgerald and Tina Griggs were so helpful and the banquet staff was always there to help with anything we needed, and I am not just talking about food.... scissors, packing tape, whatever we needed was there in very short order. We did have a couple of issues with food allergies but they were dealt with immediately .. it was very obvious that this hotel has a lot of experience in taking care of their clients. They currently have a "per person" meeting package that includes the meeting room, continental breakfast and lunch and morning and afternoon breaks. For a couple of dollars more we had a hot breakfast with delicious eggs and sausage and bacon plus lots of fresh fruit, yoghurt and pastries. The only issue was confusion of our delegates with there being 2 Deltas in Halifax which are beside each other, so a few booked at the Delta Barrington. We do 1 - 2 conferences a year in Atlantic Canada and this is the first time that the management and catering staff have come in at the end of the meeting to personally thank us and ensure that all our needs were taken care of.

As for the hotel rooms, mine had a queen bed though I had requested a King but the view was terrific, and it was spotless and quiet.

The Harbour City Bar and Grill, which is on the main level of the hotel, serves what might be the best beef tenderloin I have ever had. I tried it because of another review on Tripadvisor and was not disappointed. The chef came over to check on us not once but 3 times even though the restaurant was fairly busy. The scallops are also very good. This restaurant has a focus on local ingredients, all good!

Shopping, including a food court, drug store, liquor stor and Tim Hortons, is very convenient in the lower level of the hotel.

Defintely a good choice for staying and meeting in Halifax!

Room Tip: Ask for a Harbour view on one of the upper floors.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 13 November 2011
Greeting's from Delta Halifax!

Thanks very much for allowing us to host your recent meeting program Tina and Catriona are two very experienced planners and great assets to our hotel and guests! We have shared your great feedback with them directly.

Its fantastic to hear your comments on HCBG... we are very pleased to hear your rave review of our local beef tenderloin... we also agree it is superb... our chef's take great pride in their work.

Thanks again for choosing us... we look forward in welcoming you back soon!

dmacdonald@deltahotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

A great place to stay. Reception & hotel staff were professional & friendly. In-house restaraunt offers great food at a reasonable price. Room was clean & modern, beds were comfortable & good size bathroom. Access to the shopping centre from the hotel lobby is great. Bus/taxi service close by - a city that's easy to get around.

• Stayed July 2011
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 17 October 2011
Greeting's from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay on Tripadvisor. Its great to read you enjoyed your stay and particularly enjoyed our staff and new food and beverage offering. Harbour City Bar and Grill has been receiving rave reviews since opening in June.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our city and found our hotel location to be so convenient. We hope to be in your future travel plans should they have you back in Halifax. My email is below... please feel free to contact me directly to assist with your next Halifax hotel reservation.

Brooklyn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I cannot praise the Delta Halifax enough. Here are some of the things you're going to appreciate:

(1) The accommodating members of the super-friendly staff are like willing slaves (nothing kinky here!) always at your beck and call. Go ahead and pester the hell out of them -- nothing is too formidable or disagreeable a request or task for them to take care of quickly and expediently.

(2) Expect to be killed with kindness, consideration and friendly (but not intrusive) conversation on the part of the waitresses, while enjoying your delicious breakfast buffet.

(3) Excellent downtown location: Right outside your door are major bus routes, a fantastic mall (with a post office!), and you're only a 6- or 7-minute walk to the casino.

(4) I slept like a baby on the hotel's comfortable mattress and found it unncessary each night to try and beat (repeatedly) some otherwise recalcitrant pillow into a state of obedient submission.

(5) The hotel features a nice clean workout area with excellent treadmills, sauna, showers, whirlpool, changing room and a TV to entertain you while exercising. (The pool admittedly is small, so that sustained lap swimming is not possible.

(6) Parking is easy and convenient.

(7) My room (while not gigantic) was spacious enough for two people and absolutely spotless when I arrived.

(8) Oh, and don't worry about late night, noisy, inconsiderate, partying, screaming, banging, inebriated neighbors. One call to the "we-don't-tolerate-this-sort-of-behavior" front desk -- and five minutes later I never heard a peep out of them again.

In sum, this hotel has everything positive going for them.

Joel Kovacik

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 6 October 2011
Greeting's Mr. Kovacik

Wow... we can't thank you enough for taking such care and detail to articulate your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear your comments and equally thrilled with the experience we were able to provide you while vacationing in Halifax. We would love to stay in your travel plans... my email is below it would be my pleasure to personally assist with any future Halifax reservations you may require.

Best Regards,

Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

When I arrived for a show in Halifax, I was worried about the whereabouts of our company,s marketing stuff. The box we had sent to the hotel was unfindable. Two of the guys working at the front office took care of me. One of them (Brad) came with me at another building to see what's going on. Tim and Brad were very helpful, outstanding service! Reception staff were great too. The food at the restaurant is awesome. The only thing, no Wi-Fi in the rooms. Only wired internet. No free parking, but located downtown Halifax. Not to be confused with the hotel across the street: the Delta Barrington.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Greeting's from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay. Brad and Tim are two of our superstar guest service agents... thank you for recognizing their efforts... we will make sure they are in receipt of your comments. We are working on a wi-fi solution to be in place by 2012... we understand this is a necessity.

Thanks for choosing us! We hope to see you back soon!

Gouda, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

Had requested a quiet room at time of booking, however in the end received a room next to the pool area where the airconditioning units made a lot of noise. (Too tired to complain once I had setteled in)
Room a decent size with good bathroom. Did not try the breakfast but the dinner in the restaurant was excellent. Shame WiFi is only available in Lobby area and not in the room itself.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room ensure you double check with reception if the room is really quiet!
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Hello from Delta Halifax,

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback with us! I am sorry to hear we were not able to provide you with your preferred room location. If you contact me I can add that special request to your profile for all future Delta stays. Thank you for your kind words regarding our new restaurant... Harbour City Bar and Grill... we have been receiving rave reviews since opening a few months back.

Thanks for choosing us... please feel free to contact me directly should you need assistance with your next Halifax hotel reservation.

Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

We stayed at the Delta Barrington (across the street) but ate dinner here. The service at the restaurant was very friendly and the seafood (lobster especially) was superb !!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Greeting's from Delta's in Halifax!

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your great feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to do so. We love providing our guests the flexibility of two hotels connected by the downtown link. Harbour City Bar and Grill is one of Halifax's best kept dinning secrets... thank you for helping us spread the word!

Thanks for choosing us... we hope to see you back soon!

Best Regards,

dmacdonald@delthotels.com
Saxonburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

Our Gadabout Tour stayed at the Delta Halifax in July for 2 nights. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms clean, the breakfast we had at the hotel was excellent. My one problem was a wheel had been broken off my sutitcase by one of Delta's baggage handlers. I reported it to Nicole Bruce, the Assistant Guest Services Manager. She was very thorough in documenting the damage and took pictures. When I returned to the States, I wrote to Sean Doucet, the Director of operations, explaining the situation and providing him with a copy of the receipt for replacement luggage. In consideration to Delta's budget, I did not purchase "top of the line." It has been several weeks and I have not received the compensation for damages that I was assured I would receive. The missing wheel made it very difficult for me to manage moving my suitcase for the remainder of the trip. Would you follow up on this?

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Conne M
Greeting's from Delta Halifax,

We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay while vacationing in Halifax with Gadabout tours. Its very unfortunate that your luggage was damaged while being delivered to your room... we are very sorry this had happened as it proved to be very inconvenient for the reminder of your holiday.

I have spoken to Sean Doucet our Operations Director regarding your luggage. He did receive a copy of your receipt on Aug 30th. At which time he had our accounting department produce a cheque for the amount. I would like to confirm that the cheque has been sent to your attention via Canada Post. It left the hotel on September 13th. You should be receiving it any day now.

Thanks again for sharing feedback with us... we hope to see you again should your travel plans take you back to Halifax.