“This place has improved...comfortable and generally great service”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed here a couple of years ago and found the hotel dowdy and not that clean. I have been staying a few nights a month since feb this year and things have really improved. The rooms are still nothing special, but clean and comfortable. agree with another review about the HVAC..not that effective...but ok. The restaurant has improved a lot! Great. Selection and the food is quite good. We often work over dinner and with the exception of one night where we had a server who seemed to be having a really, really bad day..service is great. Front desk staff are helpful and accommodating. The pool is nice , clean and well looked after. I keep going back..so they must be doing something right!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Greeting's from Delta Halifax,

Thank you very much for sharing feedback with us via tripadvisor. We appreciate you allowing us another opportunity and really appreciate your loyalty. We are certainly not the newest hotel in Halifax however we work very hard to ensure our property is clean and in proper working order. We opened Harbour City Bar and Grill 11 months ago and the room has been a hit with both in-house and external guests... its great to hear your comments on the offering. We pride ourselves on service and feel it is our point of difference from the rest. I am sorry to hear we missed the mark on one of your nights... please trust we will speak about this and ensure it does not reoccur.

Thanks again for your feedback and continued loyalty.

Reviewed 11 May 2012

Stayed at the Delta Halifax from Wednesday 2nd May until Friday 4th on a business trip.

The hotel is located in a perfect location for all sightseeing within walking distance .

The staff at the hotel are extremely professional and helpful and nothing was a problem for them.

The rooms are spacious and first class with all the amenities one would expect from this type of hotel including free Wi Fi.

I had a late flight to catch on the Friday to London and the hotel reception staff even arranged for me to have a late check our at NO EXTRA cost. Other hotels take notice.

All in all a great hotel and i would recommend anyone who visits Halifax to consider staying there as they will not regret it.
Well done the Delta.

Stewart Davis
British polar Engines Limited.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Hello from Delta Halifax!

Thank you for your feedback... we are thrilled to read your comments on your stay. We believe our location is top notch and are very pleased you feel the same! We are also happy to ready your favorable comments on our rooms and service offering's... we understand travel can be difficult at times and were only happy to have be in a position to accommodate a later check out time.

Thank you very much for choosing us! We hope to be included in your future travel plans should you be back in Halifax.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Stayed at the Delta Barrington for five nights recently while in Halifax on business. The hotel is in walking distance to most everything downtown, with great views of the waterfront, and very friendly staff. The room was clean, had a balcony (minus furniture, but it could be the time of year), a fridge, coffee maker and flat screen television. I would certainly choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Greeting's from Delta's in Halifax,

Thank you for choosing us on your past stay. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very pleased to read you did enjoy your stay with us and particularly enjoyed our location, service levels and great harbourview from your room. We do have furniture for our patio and balcony rooms however the weather in April can be unpredictable so we do not place it out until after May 1st.

Thanks again for choosing us! We look forward in welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 27 April 2012

We finished our Vancouver to Halifax Via Rail trip at the Delta Halifax Hotel. We had a very spacious room with a nice view of the harbor. It was quite comfortable and had a decent restaurant.

Room Tip: Go for a good harbor view!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Greeting's from Delta Halifax,

Thank you for choosing us on your recent visit... we are very happy to have been included in your cross country travel plans! Its great to hear you enjoyed the view of Halifax Harbour from your room... our fantastic water view's are a real asset to our hotel. We are glad you had a chance to experience Harbour City Bar and Grill during your stay... it opened last June and has been a great addition... would also like to note it was chosen as Halifax's restaurant of the year in 2011.

Thank you for choosing us! We look forward in welcoming you back the next time you are travelling to the east!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This was my first stay at this Hotel. It was very conveniently located with a lot of amenities within walking distance. The room was adequate for our needs but the staff were exceptional, very helpful and friendly who went above and beyond to help you. We ate quite often at the restaurant for breakfast and dinner during our 4 day stay and enjoyed everything that we had. Very well done and thye prices were good. My daughter and her family of 5 stayed there as well and they said that they would go back again. Overall, I found it to be a great place to stay and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: it was a little noisier in the area of the pool and fitness room. There were elevators also located...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JDawe
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Greeting's from Delta Halifax!

Thank yo very much for including us in your family's travel plans! We can't thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are very pleased to have read your comments regarding our hotel and service offering's. Harbour City Bar and Grill was named Halifax's 2011 Restaurant of the year... we are thrilled you had an opportunity to enjoy the room... we are all very proud of Harbour City!

We really appreciate your recommendation! My email address is below... please feel free to call upon me anytime should you need us.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

For years, I've been a fan of Delta Hotels, and have promoted the hotel to others especially my work colleagues with whom I travel. Delta provide a safe 'home away from home' with clean and comfortable rooms where I can get a good night sleep. Their restaurants provide great food at a surprisingly reasonable price. Tonight, I plan to dine with friends in the restaurant here at the Delta Halifax.

However with all this said, the best secret about Delta is not the hotel itself but the people who work there. Today, I checked into the Delta Halifax where I was greeted by Nicole who made me feel like I was the most important customer who came through the door. Her welcoming smile and manner made me feel like I had reconnected with an old friend. She is a professional who enjoys her job. In fact, everyone you speak to in this hotel looks like they do, too. Am I surprised? No as these professionals want each and every guest to have a memorable stay.

As per my room (604), it is clean and very comfortable with a king size bed, sofa, and desk. There is a large window, which provides a partial view of the Halifax Harbour, and of Citadel Hill with its historic fort. The bathroom is small but clean, and well stocked with towels for my needs. The large flat screen TV's picture is clear and bright, and there is an in-room fridge for my use.

I will definitely return to this Delta property.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank gpbc
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Hello from Delta Halifax!

Thank you very much for your continued loyalty toward our brand and hotel... we really appreciate you taking the time to write such an extensive review!

Nicole is one of our superstar employees! She was recently promoted to the position of Guest Services Manager. This was an easy decision for us and well deserved for her... she along with all of our colleagues are true hospitality professionals. It is those folks that differentiate us from the rest!

My email is below I would love an opportunity to meet you during your next visit. Thanks again for sharing feedback with us and your continued support!

dmacdonald@deltahotels.com

Reviewed 23 March 2012

For a change, I decided to give the Delta Halifax a try during my last visit in Halifax (I usually stay at the sister property - the Delta Barrington - which is just in front of this hotel). It had been close to 10 years since my last visit to the Delta Halifax.

First - a little bit of history. Delta acquired the management rights to this property a little over 10 years ago when Delta had just been taken over by CP Hotels/Fairmont. At the time, CP rebranded most of its mid-tier hotels that were in needs of renovations to the Delta brand. Other than the common areas, not much has been done to the rooms since the acquisition. This year, Delta appears to be embarking in a Canada-wide redo of most of these older properties that were acquired at the time (from CP and other firms). Not sure if there are plans to update the rooms at this property.

The check-in and lobby area is quite modern and still has a little bit of that premium CP/Fairmont feel to it. Staff is very friendly and check-in was efficient.

As a top tier member of the Delta Privilege program, I was upgraded to a nice, oversized suite. Layout of the room was convenient (separater sleeping and living area) with ample room to move around in both areas. Decor and furniture were not the most modern but this is ok as it gave the place a "Halifax" feel to it. Room was clean and everything in working order. The room featured several windows which provided great views of the bridge and limited view of the harbour area. Bathroom featured the standard June Jacobs amenities, which I am not particularly found of (not very effective). There was only one negative about the room: AC/heating is using through the wall unit, which does not provide adequate air circulation and heating power. Housekeeping staff had to crank up the AC/heater to 27C (about 80F) in the living room area so that the room feels comfortable.

I used the onsite restaurant for breakfast only. Service is quick and friendly and the standard breakfast buffet is of good quality.

Location is good as it is within walking distance of the "historic properties" area, harbour, casino and some shopping.

Good for the business traveller. Decent for visitors and families looking for a relatively affordable option downtown Halifax

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ottwatrvllr

Greeting's from Delta Halifax,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such an extensive review of our property and on your recent stay with us. I remember well when we re-branded in 1999 to Delta from CP... I actually have the the front page Halifax Herald clipping framed on my desk... I was the door person at the time dawning a nice new Delta Shirt in the shot! As a Platinum Plus member and along time member of our community I would love to meet you and share some old stories over a cup of coffee (my email is below) if we can!

We did last June undergo an extensive lobby reno and opened the new Harbour City Bar and Grill. We currently do not have a date on a renovation for our rooms however as you mentioned the company does have a plan to transform and renovate the entire portfolio within the next few years. This summer we will be doing a similar reno at Delta Barrington (lobby and new restaurant). We have the name TEMPO and are working on the design and culture / feel.

Thank you for your continued loyalty... I hope to be able to meet during your next visit to Halifax.

dmacdonald@deltahotels.com