“Great family vacation”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We have stayed here a number of times but it was the March Break special that brought us back again. (A great value that included room, full buffet breakfast for 4 and parking, for $139.) We like the close proximity to the downtown, as once we park, we like to walk or take buses or cabs to our destinations. Check in was friendly. The clerk made note of my room requests and selected one carefully. She did a great job, as we were on a high, quiet floor, away from the elevator and pool. The room was clean, comfortable and had all we needed. Bottled water and chocolates are delivered each night.

The pool and exercise area was clean and well stocked with towels.
The fast elevators, and that there were three of them, was indeed appreciated.

Overall, a very affordable and enjoyable place to stay in downtown Halifax.

Room Tip: In the past, we have been near hockey teams, so I requested a room away from the elevators and pool...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank HeatherJ902
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am thrilled you and your family stayed with us while on your March Break get-a-way. Its great to hear your comments on the service levels we provided. Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I stayed at the Delta Halifax from 28th Feb 2013 to 2nd March. I stayed there 3 years ago and was very dissapointed at the personnel and indeed the lack of atmosphere. The lounge used to be a good place to have a drink and something to eat, however this has been spoilt by the introduction of booths which I can only assume is for the breakfast clientel as they are not dinner booths at all. The bar itself has no atmosphere what so ever and has lost all it's character.
I arranged for an early morning wake up call as I had a 6 am flight and I did not get it, fortunately I woke up but still had to rush to catch my flight. The reception staff were not friendly at all and were not dressed well. All in all a very dissapointing stay.

I will not stay here by choice again. The Delta Barrington is a much better option.

Room Tip: Go to Delta Barrington across the road

Greetings from Delta Halifax,

I am very sorry to hear we let you down during your recent stay with us at Delta Halifax. I really appreciate you providing us another opportunity however wish the experience we provided was memorable for different reasons. We do have two locations here in Halifax and I am happy to hear you do enjoy Delta Barrington. Again I am very sorry for our short falls particularly your wake-up call service... not acceptable for us to ave missed it. I would like to have an opportunity to make up for your past stay. My email is below if you are willing to reach out.

Reviewed 1 March 2013

My daughter and I visited here in conjunction with a visit to St. Marys to check out potential universities. The Delta was clean, well staffed and of fair value. My only detraction was it is placed in a busy and confusing confluence of streets and and an expressway. Not being familiar with Halifax and with a rented car, it took me a few passes to figure out how to get in. Other than that, the staff gave great advice on a place to eat, the bartender was friendly and engaging. All in all, if you're in for a short to mid-term stay it is a great hotel. Halifax is a great city.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott C
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am thrilled to hear your comments regarding our service levels and am very proud our bar staff were able to become engaged with you during your stay.

We really appreciate you choosing us and look forward in welcoming you back again soon.

Best!

Reviewed 28 February 2013

Staff were friendly and courteous and the room rate was reasonable.

I cannot understand why the health club/exercise facility (located on the 1st floor) does not open until 6:00 a.m. Business people like to get started earlier than this, and if the hotel is concerned about liability related to the pool then find a way to block access to the pool. This is the 21st. century.

Note, this hotel does not deliver newspapers to your room but they are available in the lobby - both the local Chronicle Herald and the national Toronto Globe & Mail.

You can also get complimentary coffee and tea up until 7:00 a.m.

I generally prefer this Delta to the nearby Barrington.

A reasonably priced hot and cold breakfast buffet is available. When the bacon breaks in two when it is dropped on my plate I know it is properly cooked!

The heating system was a mystery. Some instructions would be helpful.

Added bonus, there is a Tim Horton's nearby in Scotia Square and you can get there without going outside.

Room Tip: Exercise facility is on Floor 1, and there is also a floor with a business centre.
1  Thank David M

Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit.

I understand your view on our fitness center hours and agree we need to look at the opening time of 6am. Please trust we will table this at our next operations meeting this month.

Due to the amount of paper being wasted we had decided a few months back to only deliver newspapers on request... this request can be made at time of reservation, check in or anytime during a stay... we are saving countless amounts!

I am sorry the control panel for your in room temperature was not clear... we will re-look at this to ensure they are formatted for the easiest use... thank you for pointing this out.

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and do look forward in having you return as our guest.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The property is we'll maintained and offers everything a traveller could want.
Restaurants on site offer excellent quality meals and exceptional service. I recommend the fish and chips.

The rooms are clean, well organized with free wifi which is a traveling must!

1  Thank smondas
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2013

Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for your feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and really appreciate your recommendation.

We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We happened upon the Delta Hotel Halifax due to cancelled flights over the course of 3 days. We were very happy to situated in the heart of historic and scenic Halifax, within minutes walk to Spring Garden Road.

The hotel front desk staff were great for suggestions and activities, and the wait staff in the restaurant were hilarious....they really tried to make the best of a bad situation for us.

Spacious rooms, with free wifi, large bathroom and nice amenities, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Erin S

Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share feedback with us from your recent experience. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient. We pride ourselves on personal service and are so happy we were able to make a great connection with you.

We look forward in welcoming you back under better circumstances!

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Stayed a couple nights at the Delta Halifax last fall for a conference and had a wonderful experience. The room was great, the atmosphere in the restaurant was excellent and the local brew selection was very good as well. I believe there were some repairs or renos going on and although not really noticeable in our room, a collegue had some issues with noise. To my knowledge, he was dealt with very well. Big thanks to Lisa (I think??) with the concierge team. Fantastic service!. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for sending in your feedback via tripadvisor. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward in welcoming you back again soon.

Best Regards,