Delta Hotels Halifax
US$256
US$256
US$231
  • Breakfast included
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites(Halifax)
US$252
US$215
  • Restaurant
US$144
US$141
Cambridge Suites - Halifax(Halifax)
US$273
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Coastal Inn Halifax(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$112
US$294
US$272
Hotels.com
US$273
  • Pool
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake(Halifax)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$128
Priceline
All reviewsharbour cityscotia squarefront desk staffan upgradehotel restaurantvalet parkingliquor storeworld tradelower deckbusiness triptim hortonsbed was comfortablepool and hot tubcitadel hillmini fridgedowntown areapedway
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I have stayed at the revamped Delta Halifax a few times now. The lobby bar and restaurant are nicely laid out and have great, very friendly staff, good food and a decent view of the TV if you want to watch the hockey game. Rooms on par with other Delta Hotels, fair prices and good overall service. The new revised Delta room look and big desk area with lots of electrical plug ins and flat screen TV's is a plus - also wireless internet that is reasonably fast, free and easy to hook up to has become the norm for me. I think one of the things that brings me back to this hotel chain is I feel welcome every time I check in, order room service or need any kind of service for that matter - and they don't take my business for granted.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We really appreciate your loyalty and are very fortunate to have such loyal gusts as yourself. Travelling on business can be challenging and its our goal to provide a welcoming home away from home for those that must travel for their jobs.

Again we really appreciate your business and the time you spent sharing your experience with us. We are looking forward in welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

Stayed at the Delta Halifax for work. Rooms were clean and comfy. My old feedback of the not so good is the value you get for Breakfast. Its expensive and nothing great. Better off heading to Scotia Square Mama Gratti's.

Will stay at the Hotel again though.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for staying with us... we appreciate your loyalty. I am sorry you did not see great value in our breakfast offering however am happy our central location provides close by alternatives.

Thanks again for staying and we look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed at the Delta Halifax for one night while on a business trip. Before I arrived, I emailed their reservations department to ask for a "room with a view" as I was only there for one night and wanted to see as much of the city from the room as I could. I was upgraded to a junior suite which had a nice view of one of the two major bridges that cross the harbour.

Room
The room was large, with a sofa, chair, coffee table and a desk, along with a king sized bed. The bed was set up in a weird location as it did not face the TV (but it did have an excellent view towards the window). They should install a swivle mount so the TV can be viewed from the bed and the lounging area. Also, the room was somewhat dated and the bed was not in the best condition.

Though the room was pretty big, the bathroom was TINY! There was not much room to do much of anything in there except shower and get out.

Location
The location of the hotel is excellent, within walking distance of the downtown core and many top-notch restaurants. If gambling is your thing, the hotel is very close to the casino.

Interaction w/ staff
When I first went up to my room my access card did not work. Also, I requested turn-down service as a Delta Privilege Gold member while I was out for dinner between 20h and 21h30 while I was out for dinner. I was disappointed that this service was not offered to me. I followed-up with the hotel via email when I returned and received a somewhat decent apology.

Overall, the hotel is in an excellent location but needs some updating. I'm hoping the new Delta Moda rooms soon arrive to this hotel which would definitely bring my rating up a number of notches.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us... I really appreciate you taking the time. I am pleased to read you did have an enjoyable stay and we were able to secure a nice upgrade at time of reservation.

I am very sorry to hear we missed your evening turn-down service... I will personally follow up with our team to ensure we understand why and how the mistake happened. I am happy your communicated concern was addressed at property level. Please trust we will learn from this oversight. We will also re-look at the configuration of or Jr. Suites to see if we can make some changes to better optimize the television from all area's of the room.

I am happy to read you did enjoy our location. Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback. I do hope you will consider us should your travels be taking you back to Halifax. My email is below... please feel free to contact me directly to assist with any future Halifax reservations.

Best,

Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

We make it down to Halifax on a quarterly basis, and this is our home. We have stayed at several other hotels in the HRM, but this is one is our favourite. The location is perfect, the rates are reasonable and the overall look of the place is pleasantly modern. If I had to choose between Delta Halifax and Barrington, I would certainly pick this one due to its styling - it has some of that Delta Montreal feel. One last comment: the junior suites are worthwhile, I'd say.

• Stayed: December 2012

Greetings from Delta Halifax,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share feedback with us via tripadvisor. We are all very happy to be your hotel of choice when visiting our city. Its great to hear such warm feedback on your past experiences with us.

Thank you very much for your loyalty... as you mentioned there are many hotel options in Halifax and we are honored to be your home away from home when travelling. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist with your next Halifax reservation.

We look forward in welcoming you back soon!

Donnie

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I was at the Delta Halifax from April 4th until April 7th. My flight was late and I arrive at the hotel around 01:30am I have a reservation and I was probably the only guest on the list not already arrived, but I was extremely surprised to be welcomed with a big: Goodnight Mr Cote! 20 feet from the desk.

I was on the 4th floor, beside the elevator. No strange noise from the elevator. Bed: A1 TV: The cable quality is 1980.

Internet: The best I never had in an hotel room. wired or wireless and it is included in the price of the room (check the photo). Speedtest.com site give me five time the speed of my home connection :-) Great to do some job in the hotel room or listen a movie on netflix.

That hotel is connected to a shopping center and to the Halifax convention center and the Halifax metro center. Then even on a rainy or cold day (like at the beginning of April) I stay dry.

The price is OK for a very central hotel near the pier and the citadel.

Serge

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Serge C
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled with the personalized service delivery our team was able to provide upon your arrival... I will be sure to share your feedback with them.

In late 2011 / early 2012 we completed a major upgrade to our in-house internet bandwith to better accommodate the now everyday essential of wifi! Thank you very much for taking the time to test the performance and of course sharing it with all readers on Tripadvisor.

Thanks very much for choosing us. We all look forward in welcoming you back soon.