“It was ok”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The hotel has a great location if you want to be close to downtown. The pedway system is very convenient and the hotel is also connected to the Scotia Square mall. The front desk staff were very nice. The room was just ok, nothing spectacular. It seems like it may be in need of some updating and the carpets needed vacuuming. It was also very small. Our view was of apartment buildings across the street so that wasn't the best. We had to pay for parking at a parking garage next door. The pool area was very nice with the pool and a hot tub and plenty of room for seating. Overall, it was just ok, not sure if we would stay there again

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed our location and service levels and had time to relax and have fun in our pool and fitness area. Its our goal for all departing guests to have had an experience that would have them return. I feel as though we may have missed that mark for you. My email is below and invite you to connect with me (if you're willing) as I would like to have an opportunity to better understand our shortfalls and attempt to gain your trust in us for when you are travelling back to our city.

Thanks again for staying and I hope to hear from you.

Best!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The staff at a hotel make all the difference in the world to me. This particular Delta hotel is great that way. The staff are always helpful and will do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable. They have renovated their lobby and restaurant/lounge. It's really comfortable. One downside for this Delta is that they don't have a Signature Club lounge. This one is a personal preference, but I like it when I can leave a fan on steady so as not to be woken through the night when the air conditioning or heat comes on. This one woke me up a few times.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback. Our colleagues are our greatest asset... thank you for recognizing their efforts! I will pass along your comments. We are very fortunate as a hotel and brand to have you as such a loyal guest... there are many hotels to choose from and we really appreciate your business. If you have a moment and are willing can you send me the room number you stayed in? I would like to have the a/c unit inspected by our maintenance team.

Thanks again for your continued support and we look forward in welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

The hotel is nice and clean and well located. It is across the street from the historical properties and walking distance to many pubs and excellent seafood,restaurants.

The entire hotel could use some updating, and a refresh on the carpets and paint, but it is in ok shape.

The staff are great! They are very helpful and friendly. We used a boardroom for business meetings on the eighth floor. It was a very nice room with a view and accommodated our group of 20 or so easily around a big oval table with room to spare.

While I like this hotel and would stay here again, I prefer the Delta Barrington across the street. It is a bit fresher.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thanks for staying with us on your recent business trip. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay and our location. I am happy to read our Empress Boardroom provided a comfortable space for your meetings. Thanks again for choosing us and I look forward in welcoming you back to Delta Halifax or Delta Barrington soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Stayed for 3 night to run the Blue Nose half marathon. It was conveniently located right at the start line, which was linked so we didn't have to go outside. Considered it being a chilly and windy morning. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Restaurant food was great and resonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Hello from Delta Halifax,

Congratulations on your half marathon! We are so happy to have been part of your Blue Nose experience. We have been long standing partners with the marathon and honestly its one of our favorite times of the year... providing a home away from home for some of the +14,000 participants.

Thanks again for choosing us and we look forward in welcoming back again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed for five nights to run the Bluenose Half Marathon. Great location, rooms decent--nothing spectacular--but the friendliness and service of the staff made up for it! Kjersti stood out as an exemplary staffperson/representative of the hotel--she seemed to be everywhere, and always friendly! The hotel's restaurant is very good, the location of the hotel two blocks from the water but also connected to the indoor pedestrian system with the mall and the convention center close by is outstanding. One hiccup was in the arrangements for our departure, when information did not get conveyed properly and we did not get the airport service we had negotiated the night prior. Otherwise, great stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank czthrea

Hello from Delta Halifax!

Thanks for choosing to stay with us while in town for the Blue Nose Marathon. We have been partners with that great event since its inception 10 years ago and are very proud to be the home away from home for runners and fans each year. Kjersti is a true hospitality professional and we are very fortunate to have her on our team. I will make sure she receives a copy of your review recognizing her efforts.

I am very sorry there was a mix up in your departing transportation... this is not a regular occurrence for us... please know we will investigate as to why it happened to better our service process moving forward.

Thanks again for staying with us and we all look forward in welcoming you back for next years marathon!

Best,

Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

I genuinely want to Thank Emily & Kjersti from guest services for our warm welcome! They went out of their way to make sure our girl's weekend started out on the right foot! Very grateful for our surprise! We enjoyed our stay from check-in to check-out. The hotel has delicious food, I loved the lobster club! The bar staff were friendly too. Great weekend & thanks for the thoughtfulness!

• Stayed: May 2013

Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for choosing to stay with us! I will ensure Emily and Kjersti receive your feedback... thank you for recognizing their efforts... they are super star performers for our hotel.

We are all thrilled to hear your weekend away was a success from start to finish. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward in welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

Not sure why this hotel has so many rave reviews, I didn't find anything special about my stay in the Delta.
On check-in we were asked if we wanted to pay to upgrade to a harbor view room... we thought this sounded nice so we went for it. The room had virtually no view of the harbor and seemed small and old fashioned. We felt disappointed.
After a quick tour of the breakfast buffet we decided it did not look appetizing or value for money so headed off to the mall for breakfast.
On the plus side the location is convenient with connection to many walkways and the wifi connection was good but this does not make this hotel unique.
The staff seemed friendly and efficient, but this might not be enough for me stay here again.

Room Tip: have a look at the 'harbor view' room before committing to upgrade
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Halifax. I am sorry we missed the mark on providing you one of our Harbourvew room options. We must have made a mistake in the actual room assignment as we do have rooms with some of the best unobstructed views of our harbour our city has to offer. I am very sorry for this error. I am very pleased you did enjoy our service levels and found our location to be very convenient.

I would like to make up for the shortfall we provided in your room assignment. My email is below should you be willing to reach out.

I look forward in hearing from you!

Donnie MacDonald