“Good hotel in a good location”

Delta Hotels Halifax
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
St. John's, NL
“Good hotel in a good location”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

If traveling to Halifax, NS for business or pleasure, you should consider the Delta Halifax. Its location is within easy walking distance of the waterfront where all the action, is at least in the summer, as well as numerous restaurants, office buildings, and the casino. It is connected to a series of indoor and covered walkways which offers protection against the maritime weather. The WiFi works well and there is a handy business centre on the ground floor. There is also a full service restaurant. The facilities are a bit dated but everything is clean and well maintained. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

1 Thank BobbyBear72
Tan-Nee N, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property! We really appreciate you recommending us to viewers of this site.

I appreciate your loyalty and look forward to have you back again soon. Please feel free to connect with me should you require assistance with a future reservation.

Best,

donnie.macdonald@deltahotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Fall River, Canada
Reviewed 15 December 2013

The rooms are standard size, and the bathroom is small, but the beds here are very comfortable and sleeping was a dream. The hotel restaurant was one of the best places in downtown Halifax to eat. There is a connected ped way that you can use to take you to the mall, casino, and other places downtown.

Room Tip: S many choices in Downtown Halifax, but this is close to everything, clean and convenient. The ped w...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for choosing to stay with us... your right there are many reputable hotels in Halifax and we all really appreciate you choosing us... that being said I am thrilled you enjoyed your time! I will be sure to pass your great comments on to my colleagues who made it happen! Thanks again for staying and we all look forward in welcoming you back again soon!

Happy Holiday's,

St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Hosted a meeting at the Delta Halifax on December 3rd and every detail was just as we had asked; booking the event was seamless and trouble-free. The catered food was quite good and the meeting room was bright and comfortable. All staff were a pleasure to deal with and the meeting package was an excellent value.

I also stayed here overnight and this too was a great experience - room was clean and comfortable. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, Harbour City Grill, and it was a great meal, our table especially enjoyed the steaks and the gorgeous desserts.

I would not hesitate to stay here again, and I'd certainly host an event here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent business trip. Its great to hear you were pleased with our banquet and catering facilities and service levels... I will be sure to pass along your feedback to my colleagues responsible for that aspect of our business. I am also very pleased you enjoyed your room and appreciate your kind words surrounding your dinning experience in Harbour City Bar and Grill.

Thank you again for choosing us... we really appreciate your business! My email is below... feel free to connect with me personally to assist with your next visit.

Happy Holiday's!

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed at the Delta Halifax for the last leg of our honeymoon. They left a treat and thank you card for us in our room that was a nice, welcoming touch to our romantic stay. They made sure to book us a room with a view, and what a view it was! This location is fantastic, right downtown, and has a great restaurant. It's a little confusing to get to the underground corridors and mall, but once we figured it out, we had an easy time navigating. It is close by Citadel Hill, the arena, the maritime museum, and the waterfront. We walked to the farmers market on Saturday to get some treats, which took us about 20 minutes from our hotel.

The pool and workout rooms are quite nice. The front desk service is very polite and helpful. We ate food at their restaurant that was just as tasty as The Five Fisherman, which is just up the road. Our suite was spacious, the air conditioner wasn't noisy, and although our room was close to the elevator, we didn't hear any other noisy occupants. There was a mix-up with a room service order once, and they corrected it immediately and reimbursed us for our troubles. One morning, the cleaning staff woke us up by talking quite loudly by our room. We let the front desk know on our way out, and they were accommodating and apologetic.

I'd love to stay here again if we ever visit Halifax in the future. The location is great and our stay was enjoyable.

Room Tip: Sign up for their newsletter, as they send our coupon codes frequently.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thank you so much for including us in your special travel plans... we are honored to have played a successful role in your honeymoon vacation! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us... I will be sure to share your comments with with our staff... they will be proud to read your story. Thanks again for choosing us... my email is below... please connect with me directly should your travel plans be taking you back to Halifax.

Best Regards,

Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is a nice, full service hotel in a very convenient location. It is practically the first building you come to when entering downtown Halifax, so getting to the hotel is easy. Once we were there, we parked the rental car and mostly walked wherever we wanted to go. All the employees we encountered were exceptionally polite, professional and helpful.
The whole hotel was very clean and the bed was more comfortable than most. Wifi is free, but was not very fast during our stay (you could check email, but forget YouTube).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for choosing us on your recent visit! I am thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate you taking the time to recognize the service levels from our colleagues... they work very hard to ensure our guests are well looked after.

I am very concerned with your wifi experience. We have 100 mbit of Bandwith dedicated to our hotel that should consistently provide a great solution for uploading, downloading or streaming. If you have time can you provide me with your room number as we would like to do some extensive testing to ensure any issue is resolved in that location of the building.

Thanks again for staying and I look forward in hearing from you.

Very Best,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Halifax Delta for a business event this past week, it was comfortable and professional, the staff was truly very friendly and delivered in spades with hospitality. The rooms were comfortable, spacious and clean, the food served at the banquet was truly amazing, considering the size of the event, so kudos to the team!
One opportunity in my view was the concierge service at arrival, there was no assistance with luggage and with valet parking but aside from this, the stay was an enjoyable one.
I would not hesitate to recommend the Delta Halifax.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am very pleased to read your comments regarding our overall service levels and your experience with our banquet facilities and catering offerings. I am sorry we were not as attentive as we should have been upon your arrival... please trust we value your feedback and it will assist in our ongoing efforts to constantly improve and refine our services.

Thanks very much for staying and we all look forward in welcoming you back again soon.

Very Best,

Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here Oct 11 and 12 this year. I have never written a letter to management before, but the staff at this hotel deserve recognition from the top. Even my husband, who is hard to impress, told me to write a letter. The front desk staff went over and above any expectations in helping us find various tourist sites. Housekeeping helped us in numerous ways, and she even left a little gift bag on our desk. Restaurant staff made excellent suggestions for meals and local beers, and assured me that my usual Starbucks drink could be made to my liking the next morning. And it was. One of the wait staff had even been in my small town in Ontario in the past, and we spoke about various landmarks and bars. Right from the moment I made our reservations, I was impressed. The young man on the phone was the epitome of Down East friendliness, and he upgraded our room without me knowing until we arrived. At no charge. We had a lovely king harbour view room, on the corner no less. The beds were comfortable, and the A/C-heat was easy to use, and not as noisy as some places. We found the entire facility clean and well maintained, easy to navigate (even getting to the casino through the walkway), and the smoking area outside was sheltered, with seating. Valet parking was prompt, and careful, with my new little red Kia. We were beyond impressed.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Karen H
DRRDeltaHAL, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Greeting's from Delta Halifax!

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay... I am thrilled to read your comments and am very proud of our team to have been able to engage with you from time of reservation to check out. There is no question our staff and the service levels they provide are major assets to our hotel... thank you very much for recognizing their efforts... I will ensure they are all in receipt of your feedback.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and again taking the time to let us know how we are doing. My email is below... please feel free to connect with me to assist with any future Halifax reservations.

Best,