“Good Value.”

Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Sandbach, United Kingdom
“Good Value.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here with my wife for one night before catching a flight the following morning.
First point to make is that the staff were first class, being friendly with no request being too much trouble. We had a room on the first floor which although was nothing special was more than adequate for what we needed being both clean and with a comfortable bed (although the room was a twin double).
The hotel is in a GREAT position being close to the waterfront and casino which meant we had no trouble finding things to do for that evening.
Another point to note is that there is a free business centre which was very useful for us to check into our flight and print our boarding passes. This is also free wifi available in the rooms.
Unfortunately we didn't make use if the gym and pool however we had a look and they looked good!
Overall I would recommend this hotel for a short stay for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
CPower2014, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for choosing to stay with us... your right whether its business or pleasure, our hotel is a great place!

Thanks again for staying with us, and thanks for your review! We all look forward in welcoming you back again soon!

Very Best

Carey Power

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Beijing, China
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Delta Halifax is certainly a "nice" hotel. It has great staff and our room had a cute little balcony (unfortunately we were there during Hurricane Arthur and couldn't really take advantage.) The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to everything.

However, a few disappointments. Our rate, while well over $200 USD, did not include breakfast. Parking was $19.95 CAD with tax. Had we known this, we would have looked for public parking elsewhere. We used an American credit card to charge everything and much to my surprise, I saw that the charge to my card was much higher (or at the wrong conversion rate) than what was listed on the guest folio provided to us. I was dreading and preparing to contact the hotel and my credit card bank but then several days later, the charge dropped back down to something more reasonable. I was perplexed - did the hotel attempt to charge at the wrong conversion rate and bank adjusted it? Not sure.

In general, the hotel is a bit dated. Bathrooms look a bit dated, as did the hallways. I like the layout of the room, which had a little dressing area outside the bathroom. Our room had comfortable beds and free wi-fi.

Greetings from Halifax,

Thanks so much for your review, and despite the unfortunate hurricane, and some questions around your credit card, its nice to see you enjoyed our overall hotel.

I would be happy to explain the authorization process that releases after check-out, please do contact me directly. With that said, please do contact me for future bookings as well, so I can ensure you receive the value expect.

carey.power@deltahotels.com
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Right downtown and close to the water. Clean rooms, a bit dated but attentive staff and Tempo their restaurant lounge was a great place to eat, have a beverage.

Gaetan was the server/bartender and made all patrons feel welcomed. He took the extra time to speak with people and made a connection with everyone I observed. Very knowledgeable about food and drink and service oriented.

Stayed July 2014
CPower2014, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Greetings From Halifax,

Thank-you for taking the time to review the Delta Halifax....indeed we do have a great location...and pride ourselves on great service. We were thrilled to read about the friendly experiences you encountered with our staff at the Delta Barrington and the restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed there for a week-long conference. Hotel was clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Plumbing needs updating. Very little pressure in the bathroom faucet. Also no cold water when flushing toilet. No shampoo, soap or conditioner upon arrival, but that was remedied very quickly. Would readily recommend as a good hotel.

Room Tip: Harbourview room is quiet and interesting.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CPower2014, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks for including us in your travel plans! I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your visit, and any concerns were remedied quickly and efficiently. Staying in a clean room is a priority for our guests; and a high priority for Delta. Its great to read you enjoyed this and many aspects of your stay. We all look forward to welcome you back soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I received stellar customer service at the Delta Halifax and at the heart of it, is a polite happy fellow foodie named Shawna!!
This was my first time farther east than Quebec and I was excited to try all the seafood I could handle. 19 straight hours in the car was evident and we were expeditiously and graciously checked in. The last comment was, can I help you with any restaurant or sightseeing suggestions? I was so tired, I almost missed my opportunity to ask a local where the best food could be found! Reinvigorated, I happily and probably too excitedly told her that I was a foodie and was itching to find the best seafood around despite the ambiance, as long as it was fresh and flavourful. She politely listened as I told her of my adventures in Hawaii at an Iron Chef's restaurant in Hawaii but soon Shawna was authentically engrossed in my details. She gave me wonderful and accurate restaurant suggestions! (which I tried each day I was there.) To sum it all up, I gladly went to my room a bit hungry but too tired to expend the energy when small knock at my door roused my from my belly flop on my comfortable King Size bed. I tried to assure room service that I hadn't ordered anything, but she informed me that Shawna had sent an award winning dessert called, "Parade of Sails". Decadent doesn't even come close to describing it, it was not flavoured with hunger it was truly a luscious silky chocolatey dessert. It won "The best Dessert in Halifax" and rightly so. This dessert came from the Harbour City Bar and Grill located in the Delta Halifax lobby and it deserves it's own review which but let's just say in 4 days, I had the Lobster Roll, Haddock and chips, wings and a lovely strawberry, candied walnut salad.
Kudos Shawna & Delta Halifax, well done.

Room Tip: Splurge the small additional amount to view the harbour, well worth it! Someone take a picture of t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CPower2014, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hello from Delta Halifax,

What a fantastic story! I am thrilled to read you received such personalized service from our team. We look forward to welcoming you back...our new menu is out and it is delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your story with others!

Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We booked a standard room with two double beds and upon checking in, which they graciously let us do very early that day, we found our room in the 100 level, which was a little bit of a maze to get to, too tiny, tight and dated, but convenient with a walkout patio to the pool area etc. As we were staying for 5 nights, with lots of luggage, we decided to upgrade to a larger room which they (specifically the manager Jacqueline) went out of her way to arrange, getting us into a studio with a harbour view for a little extra which was essentially the size of two standard rooms, dining table and chairs, lounge chairs, sofabed and another bathroom. We were in heaven and every family member was happy to get their own space. We dined in some nights with wine, cheese, deli meat etc. and other fine foods picked up at Pete's and ate in especially since tropical storm Arthur was expected. The staff and service was truly above and beyond excellent and accommodating. The best I have ever encountered and there have been many hotels !!!

Room Tip: If more than two people, pay the extra to get a studio room with a view, worth every penny.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks for including us in your travel plans! I am thrilled to read you were wowed our terrific service and team. To publicly share that our service is the best you've ever encountered is a huge compliment! I will be sure to share this with our team.

Thanks so much for your review and please make sure to contact us directly on your return, so we can ensure our room choice for you is perfect the first time.

carey.power@deltahotels.com
Sydney Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel is central, clean and our room had harbour views, wonderful day and night. We had city lights on the water and sunrise over the water. But the best thing was the staff- from check in to advice on tours and ferries, to wait staff in the resteraunts they were all helpful, friendly and efficient.we would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Try to get a harbour view
1 Thank annasydney66
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks for including us in your travel plans! I am thrilled to read you were wowed our terrific service and team. Its great to read you enjoyed your time and we all look forward to welcome you back soon! Thanks for your review and please make sure to contact us directly on your return, so we can ensure you get the view you love!