“The customer service is amazing!”

Delta Hotels Halifax
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Vancouver, Canada
“The customer service is amazing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We arrived at the Delta Halifax and were greeted immediately at the door. Then we met another employee that was just fabulous. Her name is Shawna and she has amazing customer service and does a great job of up selling without being pushy. She goes above and beyond by remembering who we are, always saying hello when we come in or goodbye when we leave, she makes great local suggestions for food as well as sight seeing spots that we may not have considered. I asked her if your hotel had flatter pillows, unfortunately the hotel did not so she thought of an alternative to use a softer blanket. Then we come back to the hotel today after sight seeing and Shawna has a surprise for me. She brought me a flat pillow from home! WOW! If that is not above and beyond customer service, I don't know what is! She, then, remembers it's my birthday and has a piece of dessert delivered to my room. Now that is spectacular customer service!

We stayed in a junior suite and it was lovely. Having that extra room was nice and you couldn't beat the harbour view! It was not noisy and the water/chocolate delivery in the evening was a nice touch. We never had to wait for our room to be cleaned even if we left later on in the morning.

That being said Shawna is really who made our stay better and I recommend this hotel to all my friends because of her and her stellar customer service!

• Stayed July 2014
CPower2014, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Greetings from Delta Halifax,

We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us... I will be sure to share your comments with with our staff... they will be proud to read your story. Thanks again for choosing us... my email is below... please connect with me directly should your travel plans be taking you back to Halifax. We will make sure the pillow is to your preference, and we arrange a convenient time for your room cleaning.

Best Regards,

Carey Power

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Delta Halifax for 4 nights in late July and the service was truly fantastic! We were given the opportunity to see several rooms before choosing one with a great view. The hotel itself is clean and well kept and the room (1-bedroom suite) was quite nice with an excellent harbour view. We were given complimentary drinks in the bar while our room was being prepared.

The location is good, near one end of downtown but easy walking distance to most of the local attractions.

Where things really stand out however is the customer service. From the very beginning, Shawna at the front desk welcomed us as if into her own home. She recommended local sights and places to eat, and printed out directions for us to Peggy's Cove and Lunenberg. She also had a dessert delivered to our room when she found out it was my wife's birthday. Finally, when my wife found the hotel pillows a bit too firm, Shawna brought her one from her own home!! Where else have you ever heard of customer service like that?

The rest of the staff were all unfailingly friendly and helpful. We really felt like welcome guests rather than customers. We will not hesitate to stay here again!

Stayed July 2014
CPower2014, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks for sharing your Delta Halifax Experience! I am so glad you too, have experienced the exceptional service our team provides. Its great to read you stay with us often...thank-you for your loyalty :).

Sandbach, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here with my wife for one night before catching a flight the following morning.
First point to make is that the staff were first class, being friendly with no request being too much trouble. We had a room on the first floor which although was nothing special was more than adequate for what we needed being both clean and with a comfortable bed (although the room was a twin double).
The hotel is in a GREAT position being close to the waterfront and casino which meant we had no trouble finding things to do for that evening.
Another point to note is that there is a free business centre which was very useful for us to check into our flight and print our boarding passes. This is also free wifi available in the rooms.
Unfortunately we didn't make use if the gym and pool however we had a look and they looked good!
Overall I would recommend this hotel for a short stay for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for choosing to stay with us... your right whether its business or pleasure, our hotel is a great place!

Thanks again for staying with us, and thanks for your review! We all look forward in welcoming you back again soon!

Very Best

Beijing, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Delta Halifax is certainly a "nice" hotel. It has great staff and our room had a cute little balcony (unfortunately we were there during Hurricane Arthur and couldn't really take advantage.) The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to everything.

However, a few disappointments. Our rate, while well over $200 USD, did not include breakfast. Parking was $19.95 CAD with tax. Had we known this, we would have looked for public parking elsewhere. We used an American credit card to charge everything and much to my surprise, I saw that the charge to my card was much higher (or at the wrong conversion rate) than what was listed on the guest folio provided to us. I was dreading and preparing to contact the hotel and my credit card bank but then several days later, the charge dropped back down to something more reasonable. I was perplexed - did the hotel attempt to charge at the wrong conversion rate and bank adjusted it? Not sure.

In general, the hotel is a bit dated. Bathrooms look a bit dated, as did the hallways. I like the layout of the room, which had a little dressing area outside the bathroom. Our room had comfortable beds and free wi-fi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings from Halifax,

Thanks so much for your review, and despite the unfortunate hurricane, and some questions around your credit card, its nice to see you enjoyed our overall hotel.

I would be happy to explain the authorization process that releases after check-out, please do contact me directly. With that said, please do contact me for future bookings as well, so I can ensure you receive the value expect.

carey.power@deltahotels.com
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Right downtown and close to the water. Clean rooms, a bit dated but attentive staff and Tempo their restaurant lounge was a great place to eat, have a beverage.

Gaetan was the server/bartender and made all patrons feel welcomed. He took the extra time to speak with people and made a connection with everyone I observed. Very knowledgeable about food and drink and service oriented.

Stayed July 2014
CPower2014, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Greetings From Halifax,

Thank-you for taking the time to review the Delta Halifax....indeed we do have a great location...and pride ourselves on great service. We were thrilled to read about the friendly experiences you encountered with our staff at the Delta Barrington and the restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Stayed there for a week-long conference. Hotel was clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Plumbing needs updating. Very little pressure in the bathroom faucet. Also no cold water when flushing toilet. No shampoo, soap or conditioner upon arrival, but that was remedied very quickly. Would readily recommend as a good hotel.

Room Tip: Harbourview room is quiet and interesting.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
CPower2014, Manager at Delta Hotels Halifax, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks for including us in your travel plans! I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your visit, and any concerns were remedied quickly and efficiently. Staying in a clean room is a priority for our guests; and a high priority for Delta. Its great to read you enjoyed this and many aspects of your stay. We all look forward to welcome you back soon!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I received stellar customer service at the Delta Halifax and at the heart of it, is a polite happy fellow foodie named Shawna!!
This was my first time farther east than Quebec and I was excited to try all the seafood I could handle. 19 straight hours in the car was evident and we were expeditiously and graciously checked in. The last comment was, can I help you with any restaurant or sightseeing suggestions? I was so tired, I almost missed my opportunity to ask a local where the best food could be found! Reinvigorated, I happily and probably too excitedly told her that I was a foodie and was itching to find the best seafood around despite the ambiance, as long as it was fresh and flavourful. She politely listened as I told her of my adventures in Hawaii at an Iron Chef's restaurant in Hawaii but soon Shawna was authentically engrossed in my details. She gave me wonderful and accurate restaurant suggestions! (which I tried each day I was there.) To sum it all up, I gladly went to my room a bit hungry but too tired to expend the energy when small knock at my door roused my from my belly flop on my comfortable King Size bed. I tried to assure room service that I hadn't ordered anything, but she informed me that Shawna had sent an award winning dessert called, "Parade of Sails". Decadent doesn't even come close to describing it, it was not flavoured with hunger it was truly a luscious silky chocolatey dessert. It won "The best Dessert in Halifax" and rightly so. This dessert came from the Harbour City Bar and Grill located in the Delta Halifax lobby and it deserves it's own review which but let's just say in 4 days, I had the Lobster Roll, Haddock and chips, wings and a lovely strawberry, candied walnut salad.
Kudos Shawna & Delta Halifax, well done.

Room Tip: Splurge the small additional amount to view the harbour, well worth it! Someone take a picture of t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello from Delta Halifax,

What a fantastic story! I am thrilled to read you received such personalized service from our team. We look forward to welcoming you back...our new menu is out and it is delicious! Thanks so much for sharing your story with others!