“Do not agree with the negative reviews”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Halifax
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 15 March 2006

This is Halifax's best hotel, in my opnion. I got a no tax package for $154.00 which included a standard room, breakfast and parking. The parking was good. You did have to go down one elevator from the car park to get to the lobby. It was not confusing like previous reviews said. The room was nice, it was on the 5'th floor and had a good view of the harbour and a office building. The pool was small and very crowded, it was March Break though, lots of kids. I only had breakfast at the hotel, and it was very good. I had the buffet. The only complaint i have is that the lady when i checked in was very rude, i think her name was "Tina", not sure though. I found this a really good hotel and i think other people will enjoy it here too.

PS: Look at the pics.

Stayed: March 2006
8  Thank shane_campbell

A TripAdvisor Member
Plymouth England
Reviewed 4 January 2006

We arrived to spend Christmas and New Year at the Delta Halifax Hotel in Downtown Halifax Nova Scotia.

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left the staff could not do enough to welcome us, even making up a basket with little presents for the children when we arrived. Any little problem we did have with the room was dealt with professionally and efficiently. The parking was a little expensive in my opinion, however for an extra £1.50 you could have valet parking which for anyone unable to find their way around a car park would be extremely useful I am sure.

The only thing that I think could have been improved upon was the lack of choice for the Menu in both the bar and the In Room Dining.

The facilities are excellent, in particular the pool was a great favourite with my family.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, answering any questions that we had regarding local events such as the local ice hockey games, museums etc.,

If you are staying in Halifax my recommendation would be to stay at the Delta Halifax, we certainly weren't disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 June 2005

Don’t stay here unless you like the smell of deep fried food wafting through the lobby. The front desk staff where rude on check in even though I arrived late at night. The room was old an tired and a long walk from the elevator. More like an institution than a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled on business
7  Thank newsminute
Reviewed 15 February 2005

Everything is good but there is nothing outstanding about this property. The food was good, the staff was nice, rooms were clean (thats a biggy on my list). The hotel is connected to the enclosed walkway in the city, the mall and parkade. I will admit getting to the hotel from parking was like a maze, with 2 toddlers and a half dozens suitcases it wasnt pleasant.

I would stay here again as a 2nd choice, I do have an all-time favorite in downtown Halifax.

6  Thank murcor
Reviewed 11 January 2005

My wife and I visited Nova Scotia and the east coast this past summer for 2 weeks. We flew into Halifax directly from Detroit with NWA which was a great direct connection although the small jet made for cramped quarters.

This was a General MacCarther ....return to the indies experience for me as I lived on the east coast for most of my adolescent and university days and for my wife her first experience with the ocean.....

In all we spent 4 days in Halifax at the Delta Hotel Halifax with a great view of the harbor although we mostly enjoyed this in the evening. We slipped down to Lunenberg and enjoyed many hours of walking and shopping passing through Mahone Bay on the way travelling alnong the coastline.

Leaving Halifax we travelled to the Pugwash area and stayed at Fox Harbr Resort. This resort is not listed in travel guides but can be found through its website and or Golfing websites. It has a great seaside course and a "first class spa" ....service is impecable as are the guest suites which are housed in "North Carolina Style" cottages. Built in the last few years we enjoyed golfing, sailing and site seeing along the coast in kayak's. We extended our stay from 1 night to 4 we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and facilites so much with evenings spent on the balcony as the sun went down.

Travelling on to Prince Edward Island we arrived at Crowbush on the coast again a golfing resort for 3 days. During our time on PEI we visited Cavendish Beach, Ann-of-Green Gables and Delvay ( a former resort home of one of the partners in Standard Oil Corporation) who brought his family to PEI for the summers. The "sticky date pudding" desert is not to be missed at this restaurant they even provide the recipe ......although I have not been quitre able to perfect the same results in my own kitchen in the middle of winter. ...

We were off again to Baddeck, Cape Breton in the highlands of Nova Scotia we stayed in the town area in a cottage and thourghly enjoyed the opportunity to sleep late and go sailing in the afternoon on the inland waters. The surrounding area is breathtaking from the deck of a boat and we spent long days exploring coves, racing down a winward course and photographing wildlife.

We were off again to the northern tip of CapeBreton in the Highlands National Park and stayed at Keltic Lodge. We were either totally exhausted or this was the most relaxing part of the entire trip. We really enjoyed the entire staff at this resort and perhaps for the first time I re-experienced the warmth, friendliness and take your shirt off their back culture of the Nova Scotia I last experienced in 1980.........sometimes a time warp experience is what one needs to truly relax and get away from the hectic lifestyle we all lead. We always began our evening in the lounge area with a sip of single malt prior to a wonderfully prepared meal.

With the window open one fell asleep to the Atlantic Ocean crashing against the shore.

As we wound our trip up we headed back to Halifax and onto Chester Nova Scotia for one last night before departing. Chester is a great place and has some fantastically different gallery's.

We returned refreshed and revitalized with a urge to return again in the future.

Hopefully, it will not take another 24 years before I am singing .......Fare...well to Nova Scotia with a few new friends ........on the shore line

4  Thank Anne182
Reviewed 3 August 2004

This place is so confusing to stay in. We parked our car in the adjoining multi-storey carpark and followed the internal signs for the Delta Halifax. The signs direct you either through a shopping mall or to the bottom of an office block via elevators. Either way you are required to pass through an obstacle course of elevators, numerous doors and escalators before finally getting to the hotels well presented reception. Following check-in we were directed to our room (which was actually in an adjoining building) via yet more elevators, corridors, ramps and more awkward doors. Despite booking an executive room, the room itself was extremely average and the balcony we had booked was actually a 70's style communal affair which was constructed of rather grubby concrete. 3 of the 4 nights we stayed at the Delta Halifax we were kept awake by extremely noisy inconsiderate members of a basket ball team who took over the majority of the floor. Despite complaints to the hotel staff, no effective action was taken. The breakfasts in the hotel were very good. Parking charges were far more expensive than the Westin Nova Scotian.
In summary, we felt that this hotel was extremely over-priced and the maze of corridors and walkways which require to be naviated drove us mad. Won't be back!

23  Thank Scottie_Bairn
Reviewed 3 August 2004

We stayed in Delta Halifax on July 11, 2004 after visiting Cabot Trail in Cape Breton Island. The family package rate of $199 was really expensive but with free buffet breakfast for 4 (inclu. cook-to-order omelette station) and other discounts, it's not a bad deal for downtown Halifax. Join the Delta Privilege program & you will get to the next level after 5 stays in the Delta hotels in 1 year and you can enjoy complimentary upgrades to suites & get $150 discount dining coupons.

Our rooms had spectacular harbour views and balconies and we could walk to Casino Halifax and historic waterfront properties in 10 minutes on skywalks without walking on city streets.

As a tourist, I really enjoyed the Citadel and the busy waterfront. Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg are all within a 2-hour drive which was very scenic. Delta Halifax was definitely a great place to stay with its great downtown location.

10  Thank Wismergirl